“Amazing” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #1 of 2,808 Restaurants in Buenos Aires
Cuisines: Latin
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Colombian siblings Santiago, Camilo and Laura Macías, created this fine dining restaurant to bring the best gastronomic flavors from the Caribbean coast of Colombia to Buenos Aires. Santiago is the chef of the restaurant. Laura and Camilo will be your hosts.Every Tuesday through Saturday evening, we offer a seven-course tasting menu in which you will discover different flavors and ingredients of the latin american cuisine, paired with the best Argentine wines. We are located in a beautiful house in the Villa Crespo neighborhood of Buenos Aires. Reservations are required and can be made by phone or email. We invite you to discover new flavors and enjoy a completely unique gastronomic experience.
“Amazing”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2013

I-Latina was by far one of the best meals I've ever had. The 6 course meal wih wine pairing was amazing- wine was wonderful and complemented the food well and the food was outstanding. The service was wonderful as well and explaintains of courses offered in both English and Spanish. While I loved everything served, my family and I particularly enjoyed the pre-desert truffle. It is clear Camilo and Santiago love what they do and were both extremely gracious, sending me and my family a guide to Mendoza as well as offering me suggestions of places to visit in Colombia- their home country. Go to I-Latina, I could not have asked for a better experience or a better meal!

Buenos Aires, Distrito Federal, Argentina
“A perfect beginning to an Argentine vacation”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013

My visit to iLatina was thoughtfully arranged by my daughter on my first night visiting her in Buenos Aires. From the ambiance to the impeccable service to each of the amazing courses and wines, nothing could really be improved. Each course was creatively prepared and beautifully presented-a feast for the eyes as well as the palate. Each wine was excellently paired with the accompanying course. A magnificent experience!

Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Amazing Latin American Dining Experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2013

One of the best restaurants I had during my Buenos Aires trip. I am so glad I made time to try out this Open Table restaurant.

As the other reviews and pictures have already pictured, everything I had here was top notch, each and every course and tasting I've had. The ceviche was perfectly composed with perfectly "cooked" fish accompanied with other flavors and textures for an amazing dish. I normally don't like ceviche, but the one I had here was so good I may be a convert! I don't need to go into too much details on the other courses - the other reviews have said it all.

Wine pairings were great and the service was absolutely spot on. I was lucky enough to meet the chef during my visit, and he was friendly and gracious enough to take a picture with despite his busy schedule.

For the best Latin America dining experience this country has to offer, come here!

• Visited May 2013
Houston, Texas
“An absolutely delightful experience, unlike anything I've seen before.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013

My visit to I Latina was the capstone to a weeklong birthday trip to Buenos Aires and it was unparalleled. I spent over a week trying dozens of restaurants and cafes, and this was the best experience, by far.

I find it challenging to sum up I Latina in words, because just thinking about the food makes my mouth water. The staff are attendant and knowledgeable, the food is sublime, the wine is well paired with depth and intent. The mix of flavors was wholly unique (both within each course and the meal as a whole), and left me feeling satisfied, but not stuffed.

As others have noted, the bread basket alone was a work of art, with a diversity of options, each of which was delicious (I asked for a refill and devoured the second helping as well).

I had a chance to speak one on one with Santiago after my meal; he was engaging, genuine, and a joy to talk to, he clearly takes pride in his work and it shows.

This is an extraordinary value for the price you pay.

If you do one thing in Buenos Aires, go to I Latina.

Buenos Aires, Argentina
“amazin experience, a real taste of Latin American cuisine”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

This restaurant is a family undertaking by three Colombian siblings who brought their art to Argentina: first they landed in Bariloche and last year, they arrived in Buenos Aires. Thanks to the masterful hand of Santiago, its young chef, I Latina has become one of the top choices in Buenos Aires, as an excellent example of Latin-American food in the gourmet scene of the city, and the reasons why are easy to discover. It is located in a beautiful refurbished stately old house and the dining room is big, with high ceilings and with a view to the open kitchen, where you can see the cooks in action. In his domain, Santiago conjures up his alchemy using a palette of flavors and influences from the whole Latin-American region. The subtle magic of this 27-year-old Colombian prodigy is having the ability of transforming an explosion of different colors and textures into delicious and harmonious dishes, which are amazing blends of variety and delicacy. The 6-course menu (almost 7 if you count the delicious bread basket) is so carefully conceived and so balanced when it comes to portions, timing and combinations, that you end up satisfied and delighted, but not at all heavy or stuffed. The menu changes every three or four weeks, but certain dishes have become staples, such as the ceviche with avocado mousse -best ceviche I´ve ever had! The dessert was a passion fruit and Jamaica flower panna cotta, which made its debut and in my humble opinion should be a keeper (and this is coming from a chocolate fan). This was an extraordinary experience with a Latin accent, please don´t miss the chance to enjoy it!

Visited April 2013