“Being robbed” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Congreso

Congreso
Av Rivadivia & Av Entre Rios - Plaza Congreso, Buenos Aires, Argentina (El Centro)
Improve this listing
Ranked #66 of 234 Attractions in Buenos Aires
Type: Architectural Buildings, Government Buildings, Cultural
More attraction details
Owner description: Dominating the plaza in which it sits, the stately capitol building is modeled after the White House in Washington DC.
8 attraction reviews
“Being robbed”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2014

I visited the Congress building (it looks a lot like the Capitol in Washington D.C). When at the square in front of it, someone threw some smelly dirt on me and, pretending to help me, stole my backpack. BE AWARE!

Sao Paulo, SP
11 attraction reviews
“Unnecessary visit if you are in a hury”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2014

Location is not pretty and it is not easy to get there walking. We tried to visit the building but it is also closed for visits so.... save your time!

Visited April 2014
“Nice atraction, with poverty”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2013

If you can see pas the poverty, sleeping people, garebage; IT IS LOVELY! :) I liked it and did not feel unsafe around this area. Tok a lot of great pictures.

St.George, Barbados
22 attraction reviews
“beautiful”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2013

I visited this building from the outside. I took some nice shots and did not see anybody in tents lurking around or people trying to see what to get from you. If you go at night, you should take precautions, obviously. I have been told that at night it has color lights that make it look even more beautiful of what it is. I would have definitely gone at night if I hadnt come in winter season. Too cold at that time of the day.

Visited July 2013
Elgin, Texas
172 attraction reviews
“No English Speaking Tours”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013

So I took the free Spanish-speaking tour and understood some of the tour guide's explanations. A Brazilian couple did provide the highlights in English for me. Worth the visit especially the artwork. Darn it, I now know I shouldn't have cut all those Spanish classes in high school.

Visited April 2013