“Perfect Location and great value” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Express Puerto Madero

You added Holiday Inn Express Puerto Madero to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Express Puerto Madero
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   Avenida Lenadro N. Alem 770 | Puerto Madero, Buenos Aires 1001, Argentina   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #122 of 436 Hotels in Buenos Aires
Bainbridge Island WA
“Perfect Location and great value”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2013

Overall rating relative to other hotels in this class.

Great location in a nice neighborhood that is close to the microcenter and Florida street. there are many good restaurants within two blocks.

there is a certain connotation of HIE, to which this property runs counter. Front desk staff are friendly, helpful and really went out of their way to make sure we were comfortable. The rooms, while not huge had very comfortable beds, were crazy-clean and had large well-lit bathrooms. The breakfast was one of the best I have had in SA hotels. (except for the coffee which was horrible) Lots of choices in foods and the hours of service were long. Honor bar/snack bar for after hours.

this is a good value and a great place to base your adventures in Buenos Aires.

Room Tip: Views of the Rio Plata are nice as you can watch the river traffic and Buquebus arrive and depart.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
javier v, Gerente at Holiday Inn Express Puerto Madero, responded to this review, October 27, 2013
Thank you for sharing your comments on TripAdvisor.

We feel a great joy to know that you enjoyed the services provided by our staff. Your comments were already forwarded to our entire team.

Location is excellent, nearby great restaurants and interesting sightseeing, everything at a walking distance.

Thank you again for your comments and we do look forward to welcoming you again at Holiday Inn Express Puerto Madero.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
  • Indonesian first
Sao Paulo, SP
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2013

As all Holiday Inn express. Great Room, nice brekfast, dont have frigoba or other amenities. The service was great. One of the best location ever! Just a block from Puerto Madero, Close to Buquebus and near several bars and restaurants.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for choosing Holiday Inn Express Puerto Madero during your recent visit to our city.

We would like to take this opportunity to thank you for having taken the time to share with us your experiences as a guest of our hotel.

We are happy to read that you think our location is one of the best ever in city.

We are very glad to know that you enjoyed our rooms, buffet breakfast and the service provide by our staff.

Once again thank you very much for your candid feedback, and we are already looking forward to welcoming you back.
Houston, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2013

I have stayed here 4 times and have found it to be a good value. The hotel is centrally located to shopping and great restaurants. The breakfast is very good and I really like the second floor kitchen area. You can go there any time and get sandwiches, drinks and snacks and they charge them directly to your room.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for taking your time to share your experiences at Holiday Inn Express Puerto Madero.

Our location is just fantastic with so many things to see and visit. We are surrounded by great restaurants and just two blocks away from Puerto Madero.

We are very glad to know that you enjoy our complimentary Buffet Breakfast and our 24 hs Express Market.

Once again, we thank you for your comments and we hope to welcome you in a near future.
Franklin, Tennessee
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2013

We chose this hotel mainly because of the central location along with the fact that my husband and I travel a lot and usually stay at the Holiday Inn Express locations so to build up reward points. However, we will not be staying at this particular Holiday Inn again on our next visit to Buenos Aires.

We are not high maintenance travelers. We don't need posh accommodations, even though when we stay at better hotels, it's usually when vacationing and we enjoy and appreciate the finer experiences. But our traveling is normally work related all over the Central and South Americas, and we just need the basic comfortable accommodations.

With this said, the room we stayed in faced a side street that was lined with garbage dumpsters. People would throw things in the dumpsters and slam the lid shut which would make noises all during the night. Noise from within the hotel was fairly loud too. We could hear elevators opening and closing even though we were on the opposite end on the hall from them. We could hear room doors opening and shutting as well. Oddly enough, our water in the bathroom would run in the drain sometimes for half an hour after flushing the toilet or take a shower. It created a surprisingly loud noise in the room. Outside of these issues, rooms were average in space and cleanliness.

On a frustrating note, I had planned a day from my stay whereby I wanted to sit outside for a bit, read, and enjoy the weather, which I had inquired about before I left the U.S. and discovered it was going to be very nice and warm. After doing my homework on the hotel, I knew it had no pool based on the listed amenities, which was completely fine. I did, however, think the hotel had a patio for my use. So, with this foreknowledge, I ventured through the hotel the night before my planned day of leisure in hopes of finding the patio, but after walking to the 14th floor, where the patio was supposedly located, there was no such place at this hotel, despite the fact that the pictures showed a patio outside the gym. I was disappointed. I then asked the front desk about the patio availability, and I was assured that they would grant me access to the patio area the next day and would even put a chair out there for me. So, the next day I went to the front desk to get them to do as they said they would do and was told that they would not give me access to the patio because they no longer consider it a patio area and for security reasons could not let people into that area (were the people staying previously in danger?). The next morning, when I explained to the front desk what I had been told the night before, they dismissed it without even an apology. So much for my one day of relaxation and sunbathing.

Just as I was trying to overcome the patio debacle, I made another request to be moved from my room because of the noise from the garbage dumpsters and passersby talking loudly and cars using the side street underneath my room window. Surprisingly, the front desk staff was unsympathetic and told me there were no other rooms, which given the low number of visible traffic of people staying in the hotel, I found that somewhat hard to believe. Nevertheless, with these experiences under my belt, I'd have to say that the overall attitude of the staff was not very good and left a bad taste in my mouth.

On a positive note, location was great and central to all the hot spots and main areas. From the hotel, you're 15 minutes walking distance from the port and its restaurants, and you are a ten minute taxi ride to San Telmo and Recoletta and about 20 minutes to Palermo, all of these areas offer great eating and shopping.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
javier v, Gerente at Holiday Inn Express Puerto Madero, responded to this review, September 22, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your feedback and I am truly sorry to hear about the inconvenience that you had duting your stay in our Hotel. Please allow me to express my sincerest apologies for the challenge you have experienced as this does not reflect at all our normal standards of service.

We will obviously review this issue with our Front Desk Manager in order to avoid any future occurence.

I sincerely hope that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back in the near future, and please do not hesitate to contact me directly to gimena,yglesario@talbot.cl for your reservation. I will be happy to make all the necessary to make your experience memorable.

Best regards,

Gimena Yglesario
Huntington Beach, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2013

The main reason for me to stay at this Hotel is because of the so friendly and helpful personel. The rooms are very functional and clean. The hotel is conviniently located close to the " business center- microcentro" Breakfast is good.

This hotel is,worth every star it has. Really a good value. I will be back soon.

Room Tip: water front, upper floors are better.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
javier v, Gerente at Holiday Inn Express Puerto Madero, responded to this review, September 10, 2013
Thank you very much for taking the time to share your experience. It is always such a pleasure to receive positive comments.

We are glad you enjoyed your stay in Buenos Aires and at Holiday Inn Express Puerto Madero.

Hoping to welcome you soon.
Sao Jose Dos Campos, SP
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2013

The locations is ok, near the Puerto Madero, no restaurant, only the snacks and beverages!the room is clear but ask for hightail floors, because the hotel is close to the street and this street are crowd .

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for taking time to review our hotel. We appreciate you letting others know about your experience while staying with us. We are glad that you liked our location and found the rooms to be clean. We are very happy that you enjoyed your stay and we hope that you will stay with us again soon.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2013

The front desk and service personnel were great! The room was very comfortable and everything worked. Plenty of very good restaurants within walking distance. The breakfast in the morning is continental in style, but the quality was very nice.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Thank you kindly for taking the time to post your comment following your most recent stay wtih us!

I am very glad you have enjoyed our location and our Staff.

Once again, thank you so much for providing such valuable feedback and comments. We do hope we will have another opportunity to welcome you back in the near future

Been to Holiday Inn Express Puerto Madero? Share your experiences!