“Not Quite There” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Hilton Buenos Aires

Save Saved
You added Hilton Buenos Aires to your Saves list
Hilton Buenos Aires
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   Av. Macacha Guemes 351, Buenos Aires C1106BKG, Argentina (Puerto Madero)   |
Hotel deals
Special Rate
$159 (USD)
Ranked #33 of 439 hotels in Buenos Aires
Chicago, Illinois
“Not Quite There”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2013

At first glance this is a great hotel it is all atrium and in the very upscale Puerto Madero area. The rooms are a decent size and well appointed. So you may ask what is with the three star rating. To begin with the internet connection in my room was not great. Although it was included because of my status free is not great when it does not work well. When I checked in I was warmly welcomed as a Gold member. Only problem is I am Diamond. I think the most disappointing part was the Executive Lounge. Everyday I had to request that the air be turned down. It was freezing. And the computers were really old. It is really sad because this hotel has so much potential.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
HiltonGM, General Manager at Hilton Buenos Aires, responded to this review, November 11, 2013
Thank you for your feedback about your stay in our property. We certainly appreciate your loyalty, and congratulate you for being a Diamond Member. Your feedback is great, as it helps us to further improve our service levels. I’m glad you enjoyed our facilities, especially our rooms and lobby area, as well as our location in Puerto Madero. I am so sorry for not meeting your expectations in regards to our Executive Lounge. I hope to be able to welcome you again soon to our hotel, in order to experience our authentic Hilton hospitality.

1,404 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (151)
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2013

Wonderful styling open center arcade, attached convention / meeting center.
The hotel is does not have a lot of rooms, but you only need 1.
The pool is on the 7th floor along with a large rooftop deck, adjacent to it is the fitness center with all sorts of equipment.
They have a breakfast buffet, Sunday brunch, etc., just as you would expect at any hilton.
If you look around you can see the extra security needed for such a open floor plan hotel. I have never felt unsafe in BA, and this hotel is no exception, it is well worth the extra to be on this the new side of the canal.
I have stayed many places in BA and this is the best because things are more spread out.

Room Tip: If you cannot get a city view room, my second choice is toward the front of the hotel then the natur...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Thanks for your kind comments about your recent stay with us. I am happy you enjoyed our facilities, especially our atrium style lobby, as well as our spacious pool terrace overlooking the city and our state-of-the-art fitness center, where we have recently installed the latest cardiovascular training equipment. We look forward to welcoming you again soon.
Montreal
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2013

I just registered at the BA's Hilton for a meeting. Much to my surprise, in 2013, no free wifi service.

In this day and age, internet is as important as having a bathroom or a bed. It is part of what every traveler needs.

At the Hilton in BA,you have to pay for the WIFI connection, unless you want to work out of the lobby and having it for free on an hourly basis! So put on your pyjama and come on down!!!

I had no choice but to pay but to my dismay, the WIFI is unstable. I already have been disconnected twice as I write and try to send this report...and that is totally unacceptable in such an expensive hotel with a very large convention center!

I do hope that I wont have any other problem during the next 5 days...but I still don't understand why and what those hotel chains like Hilton have not understood as far as basic services to client are concern in the 21th century!

A good free stable wifi connection is a MUST....and I had just spent a few days in a much cheaper hotel, with no pretentions in the san thelmo district...And guess what?? Free and very stable wifi with a router for every floor!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for your comments about your stay in our property. Your feedback is invaluable and will be extremely useful when evaluating the levels of service we provide. I am truly sorry that we couldn’t meet your expectations of a great experience while visiting our city. Following corporate standards we do offer free access to internet in all public areas of the hotel, including our iconic lobby, the bar, our restaurant, the pool terrace as well as the connectivity zone in the business center. For an improved Wi-Fi experience for our guests, we have implemented the use of the newest in-room wireless access point technology, featuring a WAP / router in every single guestroom. I apologize if you experienced technical difficulties during your stay, and will forward this information immediately to our technical team on site. I thank you again for your feedback and look forward to having the opportunity of hosting you again in the future.
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2013

I travel to Buenos Aires about twice a year & I always try to stay at this hotel. It is located in the Puerto Madero area of the city. It is a very safe location and has many excellent restaurants within walking distance. The hotel is in excellent shape & the internet works well.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for your comments about your stay in our hotel. Our location is a great advantage, as it provides easy walking access to cafés, restaurants and other leisure activities. I’m pleased that you were satisfied with our internet services. We appreciate your loyalty and would be happy to welcome you again on your next trip to Argentina.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2013 via mobile

These is a brand new hotel located in a wonderful area of Buenos Aires. The executive area is great with a good service. You can have access to the executive lounge during the day, until 22h30. The hotel also provide good infrastructure for conventions and conferences. The concierge is very good too. I recommend!

• Stayed November 2013
Thank you for the feedback about your recent stay in our property. We are pleased to know you enjoyed our Executive Lounge and its services, as well as the recommendations of our concierge desk. Puerto Madero is indeed a great location, close to many restaurants, cafés and other attractions. We look forward to welcoming you again soon.
London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2013

This is a very modern hotel, excellent location for business travelers. Great club lounge, however the breakfast here was one of the poorest I've had in any business hotels. Rooms are spacious and clean. Bar is OK, but I think closes too early for such a centrally located and busy hotel. I had some bad experience when checking out, I was overcharged for laundry services and when I wanted to use my remaining cash towards the bill they told me that my card was already charged. So they needed to arrange 2 refunds (laundry and cash) and it took them forever. Prices are high and the quality of their airport transfer cars are nowhere close to expected based on how much they charge for it.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for your feedback about your stay in our property. I’m glad you enjoyed our facilities, especially our rooms and Executive Lounge, as well as our location in Puerto Madero. I appreciate your comments about breakfast and check-out process, as they help us to further improve our service levels. I hope to be able to welcome you again soon to our hotel.
South Barrington, IL, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2013

Great location with well trained, friendly staff. One of the best Hiltons I have stayed in. The room had a spectacular view and the bedding provided a very comfortable sleep. Plenty of areas within walking distance and the further points of interest are an inexpensive taxi ride away.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Thank you for the feedback and we are pleased to know you had a great stay with us. I'm glad you enjoyed our hotel facilities, especially our spacious rooms, each one furnished with its own walk-in closet, and that our staff made you feel welcome. Our location in Puerto Madero is indeed a great advantage, as it provides easy access to many cafés, restaurants and other attractions. We look forward to welcoming you again soon.

Been to Hilton Buenos Aires? Share your experiences!