“First impression:the rest is better be good!!!! Lousy WIFI!!!!” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Hilton Buenos Aires

Save Saved
You added Hilton Buenos Aires to your Saves list
Hilton Buenos Aires
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   Av. Macacha Guemes 351, Buenos Aires C1106BKG, Argentina (Puerto Madero)   |
Hotel deals
Special Rate
$159 (USD)
Ranked #34 of 439 hotels in Buenos Aires
Montreal
“First impression:the rest is better be good!!!! Lousy WIFI!!!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2013

I just registered at the BA's Hilton for a meeting. Much to my surprise, in 2013, no free wifi service.

In this day and age, internet is as important as having a bathroom or a bed. It is part of what every traveler needs.

At the Hilton in BA,you have to pay for the WIFI connection, unless you want to work out of the lobby and having it for free on an hourly basis! So put on your pyjama and come on down!!!

I had no choice but to pay but to my dismay, the WIFI is unstable. I already have been disconnected twice as I write and try to send this report...and that is totally unacceptable in such an expensive hotel with a very large convention center!

I do hope that I wont have any other problem during the next 5 days...but I still don't understand why and what those hotel chains like Hilton have not understood as far as basic services to client are concern in the 21th century!

A good free stable wifi connection is a MUST....and I had just spent a few days in a much cheaper hotel, with no pretentions in the san thelmo district...And guess what?? Free and very stable wifi with a router for every floor!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
HiltonGM, General Manager at Hilton Buenos Aires, responded to this review, November 11, 2013
Thank you for your comments about your stay in our property. Your feedback is invaluable and will be extremely useful when evaluating the levels of service we provide. I am truly sorry that we couldn’t meet your expectations of a great experience while visiting our city. Following corporate standards we do offer free access to internet in all public areas of the hotel, including our iconic lobby, the bar, our restaurant, the pool terrace as well as the connectivity zone in the business center. For an improved Wi-Fi experience for our guests, we have implemented the use of the newest in-room wireless access point technology, featuring a WAP / router in every single guestroom. I apologize if you experienced technical difficulties during your stay, and will forward this information immediately to our technical team on site. I thank you again for your feedback and look forward to having the opportunity of hosting you again in the future.

1,353 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (148)
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2013

I travel to Buenos Aires about twice a year & I always try to stay at this hotel. It is located in the Puerto Madero area of the city. It is a very safe location and has many excellent restaurants within walking distance. The hotel is in excellent shape & the internet works well.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for your comments about your stay in our hotel. Our location is a great advantage, as it provides easy walking access to cafés, restaurants and other leisure activities. I’m pleased that you were satisfied with our internet services. We appreciate your loyalty and would be happy to welcome you again on your next trip to Argentina.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2013 via mobile

These is a brand new hotel located in a wonderful area of Buenos Aires. The executive area is great with a good service. You can have access to the executive lounge during the day, until 22h30. The hotel also provide good infrastructure for conventions and conferences. The concierge is very good too. I recommend!

• Stayed November 2013
Thank you for the feedback about your recent stay in our property. We are pleased to know you enjoyed our Executive Lounge and its services, as well as the recommendations of our concierge desk. Puerto Madero is indeed a great location, close to many restaurants, cafés and other attractions. We look forward to welcoming you again soon.
London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2013

This is a very modern hotel, excellent location for business travelers. Great club lounge, however the breakfast here was one of the poorest I've had in any business hotels. Rooms are spacious and clean. Bar is OK, but I think closes too early for such a centrally located and busy hotel. I had some bad experience when checking out, I was overcharged for laundry services and when I wanted to use my remaining cash towards the bill they told me that my card was already charged. So they needed to arrange 2 refunds (laundry and cash) and it took them forever. Prices are high and the quality of their airport transfer cars are nowhere close to expected based on how much they charge for it.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for your feedback about your stay in our property. I’m glad you enjoyed our facilities, especially our rooms and Executive Lounge, as well as our location in Puerto Madero. I appreciate your comments about breakfast and check-out process, as they help us to further improve our service levels. I hope to be able to welcome you again soon to our hotel.
South Barrington, IL, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2013

Great location with well trained, friendly staff. One of the best Hiltons I have stayed in. The room had a spectacular view and the bedding provided a very comfortable sleep. Plenty of areas within walking distance and the further points of interest are an inexpensive taxi ride away.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Thank you for the feedback and we are pleased to know you had a great stay with us. I'm glad you enjoyed our hotel facilities, especially our spacious rooms, each one furnished with its own walk-in closet, and that our staff made you feel welcome. Our location in Puerto Madero is indeed a great advantage, as it provides easy access to many cafés, restaurants and other attractions. We look forward to welcoming you again soon.
Dallas, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2013

We spent 2 nights there last weekend. It was really lovely in every way. I only gave 4 stars because the room was not ready until 4 pm. This was no big deal except we were there for 7 hours after an all-night flight. Early check in would have been a dream but it just didn't happen. But we found plenty to do around the city, and really can't totally blame the hotel. Check in is 3 pm and maybe there was a small maintenance issue that took longer, or maybe the people before us left late. The hotel staff were very solicitous and apologetic about the extra hour.

Also, I think on the executive floor they should waive the wifi fee. Do they really need another $12 a day for wifi for a $484 room? It's free in the executive lounge on 8, but not in the rooms on 9.

Otherwise, it was superb. We had access to the executive lounge on 8 and we ate breakfast there. It was nice -- scrambled eggs and bacon, tea and coffee, many nice breads, fruit, yogurt, all you could wish for at a "free" breakfast. We had room 929, a suite. Amazing views and amazing furnishings, huge walk-in closet, great bathroom, just all-around lovely. Posted 3 photos which don't do it justice. We joked about just wanting to hang around the suite instead of seeing the sights. Love the quiet safe beautiful neighborhood too.

I'd go back.

Room Tip: Ask for 929 and you'll never want to leave.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for the feedback about your recent weekend stay in our property. We are pleased to know you enjoyed our Executive Lounge and its services, especially our breakfast, as well as the spacious suite with its magnificent views. Puerto Madero is indeed a great location, close to many restaurants, cafés and other touristic attractions. We look forward to welcoming you again soon.
Morgan Hill, CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2013

Stayed here for 4 nights in October while my husband was in BA for business. Hotel was beautiful and staff was very accommodating. Hotel was very modern, very clean and the beds and linens were very comfortable. My favorite part about the room was the walk-in closet! loved that touch! Puerto Madero was a beautiful area and I felt very safe even when I was on my own at times both day and night. While I loved Puerto Madero, I think next time I would stay in the Recoleta area...it just had a more charming, less commercial, feel to it.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business

Been to Hilton Buenos Aires? Share your experiences!