“Location, location, location” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hilton Buenos Aires

Save Saved
You added Hilton Buenos Aires to your Saves list
Hilton Buenos Aires
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   Av. Macacha Guemes 351, Buenos Aires C1106BKG, Argentina (Puerto Madero)   |
Hotel deals
Special Rate
$159 (USD)
Ranked #35 of 439 hotels in Buenos Aires
Austin, Texas
“Location, location, location”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

The Hilton at Buenos Aires is shrewedly placed in the newest addition to the city, Puerto Madero. With a few exceptions you can get to the best restaurants in the area simply walking. It is also walking distance of the 'subte', Buenos Aires metro or tube, closest station at Corrientes and Madero. The hotel itself is a beautiful building and the views from the rooms are wonderful. Try to stay in one evening to see the sunset over Buenos Aires, specially if there are some clouds. The Hotel has a wonderful, friendly staff and the restaurants are well priced, great value on the wines too. Ask to visit the cave. Splendid collection of wines. The health center is huge, but shared, as in many Hiltons, with a club, so that it is a little busy on peak times. If you are there for the summer, don't miss the swimming pool.

Room Tip: Rooms to the city have a more interesting view.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
HiltonGM, General Manager at Hilton Buenos Aires, responded to this review, November 20, 2012
Thank you for the feedback and delighted to read you had a great stay with us. The area of Puerto Madero is indeed very attractive for walking or running, while enjoying the view of the old warehouses on one side of the docks and the newer architecture on the other. I’m glad you enjoyed our state-of-the-art fitness center, where we have just installed the latest cardio training equipment. Look forward to welcoming you again soon to our hotel.

1,357 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (148)
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Chattanooga, Tennessee
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2012

My husband and I recently spent 5 nights at the Hilton Buenos Aires. It was one of the worst
hotel stays that we have ever had. We had continual problems with our room and the issues were not addressed in a timely fashion. We had multiple computer problems-someone had to visit our room several times in one evening. We had a key taken from our room(this gave me concern on the safety of the housekeeping staff). We had to have our key deactivated and new keys sent up. The front desk said that they would be up immediately-it took more than an hour
and 1/2 and someone coming up two different times to get it right.
The first "new" keys they sent didn't work. Our phone didn't work and the problem wasn't
addressed and wasn't taken care of even after they said the phone was fixed. We smelled
a sewage type smell several times in the hall and in our room but it didn't seem to linger long.
However, on the one evening we arrived quite late to our room around 12:30 am. there
was a horrific odor in the hall and in our room as well as a leak from our ceiling. The front desk sent someone up to check it out and said it was condensation from the air conditioner. As far
as the smell they couldn't explain it and told us we could move our stuff to another room. By
this time it was 1:30 am.and we were checking out the next day. We did grab our "pillows"
and slept in a different room. At one point during our stay the management sent up
a cheese plate(big deal!) to try and make things better??? There were some other issues too.
It seemed like I was always waiting for someone to come up and fix the problems in the room.
Big waste of time but since the area where the hotel is situated is very unsafe I guess it
was okay to be stuck in your room.
The area where the hotel is located in very unsafe place. Two people in our convention were
robbed-there may have been more but those are the ones I know about. I felt
trapped in the hotel since it didn't seem like a good idea to go out on my own.
I would not recommend this hotel to anyone as a matter of fact I would tell you to avoid it
at all costs! There were a couple of good things-great bed and large rooms.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
HiltonGM, General Manager at Hilton Buenos Aires, responded to this review, November 19, 2012
Thank you for your comments about your recent stay in our property. I am truly sorry that we couldn’t meet your expectations of a great experience while visiting our city. Your feedback is invaluable and will be extremely useful when evaluating the levels of service we provide. We will be contacting you separately to review your last stay with us. Thank you again and we look forward to having you with us again in the near future.
Guaynabo, Puerto Rico
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2012

Nice and clean
Reception was very warm and fast
I arrived previously to the check-in time and they offered me options to be comfortable
Room service is fast and very good
Internet service was very good also
Breakfast buffet has a lot of options and people in the floor is very well trained to be the best
Services outside are very fast. Taxis and local transportation are always available
Very good location

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for the feedback and delighted to read you had a great stay with us. I’m glad you enjoyed our facilities and thank you for your comments about our staff, which will surely keep motivating them to continue offering their highly personalized service. We look forward to welcoming you again soon to our property.
Dallas, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2012

I have stayed in this hotel a few times and for some reason this last stay was not the best. It is a very nice Hilton and not sure what happened, but the service was so frustrating that it about ruined the stay. My prior stays were very good, but this one was not. I would have rated this property poor based on my 1 stay and very good based on past, so I put an "average" stay of Average.

Plus:
- Great location, but touristy and so pricey at Hilton and surrounding restaurants/bars
- very nice lobby for relaxing and having conversations. hotel bar is small, but enjoyed the local beer and Malbec.
- Concierge Sebastian was extrememly helpful prior to our stay (via emails) and while we attended. He is very helpful and knows the area well. He made a big difference in our trip to the positive, as he had good suggestion for restaurants (non-tourist) and tours.
- hotel is in a beautiful area that is safe to walk
- room had a great walkin closet and very large bathroom

Delta:
- as a Hilton Diamond member, I am suppose to have 2 free bottles of water in my room daily. Despite at least 8 calls to the front desk and guest services, this never happened. I even went to the front desk personally to address it. Each time I received an apology and an assurance they would have it sent up right away and that it would be delivered daily from that day forward. Only once did they bring up 2 bottles after a call and one other time they brought up 1 bottle. Never during my 7 day stay did the water come without me calling.
- 3 days into my stay they checked someone else into our room. Luckily he was a respectful and upstanding person, but it could have been a very bad situation. The hotel apologized and provided wine and cheese as an apology, but for 1 person vs. 2. My wife and I shared the 1 wine glass. Once again, not quite getting it right.
- was not put on the HHonors floor, but hotel was sold out so understandable and the room I had was fine anyway. The issue was that I had to ask twice to be given access to the Executive Lounge when I checked in. I was first told no and after I had the front desk person ask her Manager, they then gave me access. As a Diamond member, this should not have even been a question.
- service in the lobby area and bar was pleasant but very slow. They are clearly understaffed given the size of the area to cover for drinks.

Room Tip: try to be on the 8th or 9th floor
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your feedback about your stay in our property. We certainly appreciate your loyalty, and congratulate you for being a Diamond Member. Your feedback is great, as it helps us to further improve our service levels. I’m glad you enjoyed our facilities, especially our rooms and lobby area, as well as our location in Puerto Madero. We will be happy to rely your comments to our staff, which will surely keep motivating them to continue offering their highly personalized service. I hope to be able to welcome you again soon to our hotel.
Highland, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

This is a great hotel, perfectly located in Puerto Madero. The hotel staff from front desk to concierge is professional and efficient. Upper floor Excecutive Rooms are large and very well appointed, with large comfortable bed, perfect working desk (with everything you need - stapler, pencil, sharpener, eraser, etc.), beautiful view of the canal, walk-in closet, and large modern bathroom with separate tub and shower. Excecutive lounge is all it should be: good breakfast and afternoon hors d'heuvres with excellent wine selections. I love the central atrium and walking along Puerto Madero and finding a great Argentinean Restaurant for dinner.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for the feedback and we are pleased to know you enjoyed our Executive Floors and Lounge, with its exclusive services. Puerto Madero is indeed a great location, and we look forward to welcoming you again soon.
California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2012

We stayed in this hotel for a conference and were very pleased. The meeting facilities were great, the rooms were clean, modern and spacious. The staff were well prepared to handle non Spanish speaking guests with ease. We also like the location - great restaurants were a short walk across the river and the surrounding area was very clean. There was enough bar noise at night to notice, but not enough to keep us awake all night.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Thanks for your kind comments about your recent stay with us. I’m glad you enjoyed our spacious guestrooms and our state-of-the-art meeting facilities. Hope to see you return again soon. Safe travels.
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2012

The locations is great. It may seem a little out of the way to explore Buenos Aires, but you will appreciate it. Casa Rosada is just some 500 meters away. Florida street and all the shops is just a little bit farther.
Puerto Madero Neighborhood has lots of nice restaurants, you will love to walk around and you will feel safe.
The hotel is very modern and had all the amenities you will need.
Excelent.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
HiltonGM, General Manager at Hilton Buenos Aires, responded to this review, November 14, 2012
Thank you for the feedback about your recent stay in our property. Our location in Puerto Madero is indeed a great advantage, as it provides easy access to many cafés, restaurants and other touristic attractions. The area is also very attractive for walking, while enjoying the view of the old warehouses on one side of the docks and the newer architecture on the other. We look forward to your next visit to our property.

Been to Hilton Buenos Aires? Share your experiences!