My husband and I recently spent 5 nights at the Hilton Buenos Aires. It was one of the worst
hotel stays that we have ever had. We had continual problems with our room and the issues were not addressed in a timely fashion. We had multiple computer problems-someone had to visit our room several times in one evening. We had a key taken from our room(this gave me concern on the safety of the housekeeping staff). We had to have our key deactivated and new keys sent up. The front desk said that they would be up immediately-it took more than an hour
and 1/2 and someone coming up two different times to get it right.
The first "new" keys they sent didn't work. Our phone didn't work and the problem wasn't
addressed and wasn't taken care of even after they said the phone was fixed. We smelled
a sewage type smell several times in the hall and in our room but it didn't seem to linger long.
However, on the one evening we arrived quite late to our room around 12:30 am. there
was a horrific odor in the hall and in our room as well as a leak from our ceiling. The front desk sent someone up to check it out and said it was condensation from the air conditioner. As far
as the smell they couldn't explain it and told us we could move our stuff to another room. By
this time it was 1:30 am.and we were checking out the next day. We did grab our "pillows"
and slept in a different room. At one point during our stay the management sent up
a cheese plate(big deal!) to try and make things better??? There were some other issues too.
It seemed like I was always waiting for someone to come up and fix the problems in the room.
Big waste of time but since the area where the hotel is situated is very unsafe I guess it
was okay to be stuck in your room.
The area where the hotel is located in very unsafe place. Two people in our convention were
robbed-there may have been more but those are the ones I know about. I felt
trapped in the hotel since it didn't seem like a good idea to go out on my own.
I would not recommend this hotel to anyone as a matter of fact I would tell you to avoid it
at all costs! There were a couple of good things-great bed and large rooms.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Recently winner of “Best Hotels in 20 cities in Latin America 2012” award granted by Latin Trade Magazine. Hilton Buenos Aires is an upscale, contemporary and versatile hotel located in Puerto Madero, that provides corporate and luxurious accommodations for anyone traveling to Buenos Aires for business or for pleasure. We are located in Puerto Madero, Av. Macacha Güemes 351, the latest and most thriving urban development in Buenos Aires; offering easy access to airports, proximity to the city´s financial district, amazing nightlife and major tourist attractions.The hotel is surrounded by great green spaces, and offers incredible panoramic views of the city skyline and proximity to more than forty restaurants.Views of the Rio de la Plata and the majestic city create the perfect complement for a privileged location. All guests can enjoy our hospitality, WI-FI access, 24hs room service, take away pastry and coffee, and all the services you need, the amenities you expect, and the extras you deserve.. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Orbitz, Hilton Hotels, Despegar.com, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Hilton Buenos Aires reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Buenos Aires Hotel Buenos Aires
- Hilton Hotel Buenos Aires