“Fabulous hotel, loved the decor” 5 of 5 stars
Review of 1555 Malabia House

You added 1555 Malabia House to your Saves list
1555 Malabia House
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   Malabia 1555 | Palermo Soho, Buenos Aires C1414DME, Argentina   |
Ranked #53 of 436 Hotels in Buenos Aires
McGregor, South Africa
“Fabulous hotel, loved the decor”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

The staff at Malabia House were wonderful, really friendly and helpful. I loved my room with it's high ceiling and trompe l'oeil painting on the top of one wall. This place is well-located in Palermo Viejo, stylish, with lots of good restaurants and cafes nearby. Good breakfast, available all day.

Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Malabia H, Gerente at 1555 Malabia House, responded to this review, December 10, 2012
Dear Penny,

Thank you very much for your words, it is very important to know that our work is valued and above all to meet our guests needs.
1555 Malabia House Hotel has the privilege of being located on one of the nicest neighborhoods of the city. Full of bars, restaurants, boutiques and cute cafes.
We hope to have you back here soon!

Best wishes from all the team!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2012

A nice little hotel with friendly helpful staff. They made me feel totally at home.. i didn't eat dinner there, but breakfast was good.. simple, but good. Great Bread and eggs ! Coffee machine to help yourself any time of day. Rooms were simple and clean - not all rooms are en-suite, but mine was. but the great service and feel made up for everything. home from home.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Dear Daniel,

We felt honored by your words. It is very important for us to know the opinion of our guests and, knowing that your stay in our house was satisfactory comforts us greatly.

We hope to have you back soon!
Greetings from all 1555 Malabia House Hotel staff!
Vancouver, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2012

We found the staff very helpful and accommodating. The hotel is quite pretty inside with lovely high ceilings. The breakfast was good and coffee and tea were available all day. The breakfast room with one table for 8 or so was sometimes full and you would not have a place to sit. The location is very good with many excellent restaurants and shopping nearby. Next time we would book a room with an ensuite bath as darting across the hall hoping no one would walk by felt a little uncomfortable. In general a nice hotel.

Room Tip: We had the first room after the kitchen on the main floor. The bathroom was across the hall which wa...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Lynn and David,

Thank you very much for your beautiful review, it´s really important for us to know how our guests feel about our service. We´re glad of having the chance to be part of your experience in Buenos Aires.
We hope to see you again around here!

Greetings from all 1555 Malabia House Staff!
Princeton, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2012

We stayed here for two nights in January 2012, but hadn't yet joined Trip advisor, so did not write a review then. Recommended to us by Argentinian friends. Comfortable room, tiny, but perfectly adequate, bathroom. Extremely helpful, knowledgable and friendly staff. Gave us great dinner recommendations in neighborhood. Very good breakfasts served in pleasant surroundings. Met interesting people. Palermo Viejo an interesting walking neighborhood. Only complaint about neighborhood was very uneven sidewalks, so had to look more down than around.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
Malabia H, Gerente at 1555 Malabia House, responded to this review, October 27, 2012
Dear Guest,

Regarding your complaint, it is a big problem of old neighborhoods like Palermo, San Telmo or La Boca. While the city government usually repair the streets, quickly snapp back. Good thing is that little details as the streets, give Palermo Neighborhood a particular look and an interesting style.

We hope to have you back soon!
Greetings to all your frineds from 1555 Malabia House Hotel staff!
Rio de Janeiro, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2012

I stayed at this hotel 3 nights with my wife. Most impressive one was wonderful hospitality of hotel staffs. The classic style room was super clean and comfortable, and the breakfast was very good. Nice atmosphere and would stay again.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Danielle and Marcellus,

Thank you very much for your words, it is very important to know that our work is valued and above all to meet the needs of our guests.
We hope to have you back here soon!

Best wishes from all the team!
Huntington Beach, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2012

My husband and I stayed at Malabia House in early September and were warmly welcomed as soon as we set foot in the door. Arriving after a long overnight flight, we were offered coffee and breakfast first thing, and immediately felt at home. The staff was very friendly, helpful, and spoke English very well. The location in Palermo Soho is perfect - within walking distance are a number of restaurants, cafes, bars, and boutiques, and the subway is an easy 10 minute walk away. I always felt safe walking around the neighborhood, even well after dark. Our room was comfortably appointed and felt cozy with character. Noise does travel a bit between rooms, but we were so relaxed and at ease during our stay that I hardly noticed. We would love to return!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Dar guests,

You are our reason for being and for us the most important thing, as you said, is that you feel like at "Home".
1555 Malabia House Hotel has the privilege of being located on one of the nicest neighborhoods of the city. Full of bars, restaurants, boutiques and cute cafes, Palermo Soho invites you to discover a bohemian and trendy area.
We are also delighted to know that you enjoy our decor, there´s nothing more important to know that our guests feel satisfied and happy with their stay.

Greetings from all 1555 Malabia House Hotel team! We hope to have you soon around here!
Reno, Nevada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2012

I wrote my first review of this excellent small hotel after my first stay in Feb 2009. My last stay, May 2012, marked my 4th stay. I have been an international traveler since 1976. In my all of my travels I have not found a hotel that could match Malabia House. In my 2009 review my closing remarks went along this line, " I wished I could just fold up Malabia House and packed into my backpack/carry-on, so that I would have the Malabia experience where ever in the world that I went to next!" That should sum it up very nicely. So make a reservation early and don't miss this wonderful little hotel in a trip to B. A.

My apologies to the staff & owner for this late review.

Room Tip: There are rooms with abart ensuite & other have a bathroom in hallway. However these bathrooms...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Laura and Chuck!

Thank you so much for yourd words, it´s such a pleasure to recevie you every time you visit Buenos Aires. There´s not a better flattery than: "I wished I could just fold up Malabia House and packed into my backpack/carry-on, so that I would have the Malabia experience where ever in the world that I went to next!" , it really means lots!

We hope to see you back here soon!
Best wishes from all 1555 Malabia House Hotel team.

Been to 1555 Malabia House? Share your experiences!