This being our first visit to Buenos Aires, overall, we were pleased with the Design Suites and Towers. While the decor of the building itself is 70's modern (and so it is a bit dated), it is in a great location--very close to upscale stores and great restaurants, all within walking distance. Our room was much smaller than expected, though manageable, and the bathroom was downright tiny. We had no real view (and unless your room is at the very front of the hotel you're not really going to get one) and faced the inner space between the two halves of the hotel--so all we had to look at was the backs of other apartment buildings on that street. The included breakfast was good enough to fill up on to start our day, although the selection of foods was not ideal for our tastes. The very best thing I can say for the hotel besides its location is its staff. They were exceptionally nice and helpful. They all spoke very good, if not fluent, English and were able to give us plenty of recommendations for restaurants, as well as providing directions to various places and calling us cabs whenever needed. And there's a young man named Santiago who worked at the front desk and also served as a bellman who deserves special recognition--what a great guy! While we didn't get anything close to a "suite" in the way of accommodations, and the "design" aspect was questionable, the room was clean, comfortable and in good working order, and the staff were extremely nice to us. Not 100% sure if I would stay here again, but it was quite good enough for this first time.
- Also Known As:
- Design Suites And Towers Hotel
- Design Suites And Towers Hotel Buenos Aires
- Design Hotel Buenos Aires
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Impeccable contemporary design, rooms with city views and hydro massage bathtubs can be enjoyed just 1 block from elegant Santa Fe Avenue. The lobby boasts an indoor reflecting pool and an art gallery. Wi-Fi is free.Design Suites Buenos Aires offers 4-star style facilities just 4 blocks from Callao subway station. Guests have free access to a top of the line gym 1 block and a half away.Air conditioned rooms feature designer style furniture with minimalistic inspired décor. There are flat-screen TVs and kitchenettes with microwaves and coffee makers.A full buffet breakfast with croissants and regional jams can be enjoyed in the dining area, decorated with local artwork. The restaurant offers a varied dining menu and room service.The historic Recoleta Cemetery and world renowned Colon Theater are less than 10 blocks away.Jorge Newbery Airport is 3 miles from the Suites. Private parking is available nearby. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Orbitz, Agoda, Tingo and Asiatravel.com Holdings so you can book your Design Suites Buenos Aires reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.