“ok so long as you do not have high expectations” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Design Suites Buenos Aires

You added Design Suites Buenos Aires to your Saves list
Design Suites Buenos Aires
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Marcelo T. de Alvear 1683 | Ciudad Autónoma de Buenos Aires, Buenos Aires 1060AAE, Argentina (Recoleta)   |
Ranked #181 of 441 Hotels in Buenos Aires
Milton Keynes
“ok so long as you do not have high expectations”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2012

This hotel is nothing like its sister hotel in Bariloche. This hotel in BA has smaller rooms, only 1 staff member spoke English and the staff's attitude, other than the lady with long black hair, were awful. We ordered a double room and were given a twin room, and it was a lot of work to get them to change this, despite the fact we knew another daughter and father travelling, who got a double but wanted a twin room. The father and daughter also complained as a local under the influence of drugs burst into their room in the morning as they were leaving for breakfast. The staff simply shrugged their shoulders at this, which I was appauled about. The breakfast is ok, but there is more pastry than fruit, only 1 type of bread, often no coffee or hot water, and there is only 1 spoon provided for both the scrambled eggs and the bacon - thus eliminating the egg option for veggies, jews and muslims among others. The hotel is also quite far out of town.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012

Nice location, very friendly staff, comfortable rooms. Went for a biz trip and needed wifi. They offer wireless in all the rooms and only downside was that their wireless range was very poor in some areas. Unfortunately my rooms was one of those areas, so I had some trouble connecting at ease.

All the rest was really nice.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2012

The one thing that impressed me most about Design Suites is the location. I loved how some of the non-cookie-cuttero buzz of the town was within walking distance. I was able to experience some great stand-alone stores, restaurants, etc. Location-wise, I still got a good gist of BsAs culture. The space itself is impressively clean and the staff is marvellous. I found the food in the restaurant to be slightly pricey. I would definitely recommend this hotel to friends and family members.

• Stayed December 2011
London
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2012

I recently stayed here and was very disappointed. There seems to be such a mix of reviews on here and I can only assume that when you stay here you take pot luck as to whether you'll get a clean room or not. The layout of the hotel is quite bizarre with different lifts up to different rooms - maybe it's hard for them to monitor which rooms have been cleaned or not. Still, that's no excuse. My room was filthy - old food on the floor, hairs on the bed, grubby sheets. Certainly not what I'd expect from quite a pricey hotel. Breakfasts were generally poor and there was a dirty pool in the middle of the dining area - I think it was a supposedly a design feature but I can't see what's great about sitting next to a pool with leaves and other debris floating in it!

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
Durham, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2012

A very warm welcome from very friendly and helpful staff. Spotless rooms and very comfortable beds. Decor is definitely an acquired taste - certainly not mine, but it did not spoil my three stays. Breakfasts were good - well, by Argentine standards anyway. Excellent location on edge of downtown area. The shops of Florida Street are a relative short walk away.I would certainly recommend it.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
Spokane, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2012

Thank you, tripadvisor, we were able to make a reservation on line on the Atlanta tarmac as we realized we needed a place to stay and address to give our taxi driver upon arrival in BA...in ten hours.
We arrived a day before check-in to our apartment (apartmentsba.com) and were welcomed warmly at Design Suites. Federico, at reception, allowed us to leave our bags with them, while our room was getting made up (we arrived on a morning flight), so we could explore the area. Room was clean and comfortable, fridge, microwave, cable tv and wifi. Nice lobby area (with a computer area) lappool-like water feature - and fun breakfast buffet was included. Charge for local calls. Very nice to have a day/night in a hotel before going through the check-in (2 hours) to learn how to live in Buenos Aires:).
Thank you to all the travelers who posted great info to make our arrival go so smoothly: E.g.: Taxi stand, prepay with cash ($198 pesos) from the Banco de Nacion ATM, etc.

Room Tip: We were just happy to get one at such a good price. The ac noise was pretty loud, but remove the ke...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
DesignSuitesBUE, Director Comercial at Design Suites Buenos Aires, responded to this review, May 2, 2012
Dear Guest;
Thank you very much for taking the time to share your perspective about your stay at Design Suites.
It was a pleasure to serve you and it is most rewarding to learn you enjoyed your stay with us.
I hope to meet to on your next stay!!
All the best.
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2012

I read a lot of mixed reviews on here before i came to stay and I have to say I was apprehensive about staying at this hotel. I was joining a gap adventures tour which started here and so it made sense to book my 2 previous days here as well for ease. I stayed here 3 nights in total. Some of the previous reviews had stated that it was not very clean, but i beg to differ. I am an absolute clean freak and I was not let down by the hotel at all. My room was cleaned thoroughly every day and my towels were changed when dirty.
I was staying in a room on my own as I was travelling solo, and I had a two room suite with walk in wardrobe to myself. It cost about 100 GBP per night, which was very good value. There is also a microwave and coffee machine, shower and bath.
One review had stated the room was too light, but they have now got black out curtains and so one night when came in during the early hours of the morning, I was able to sleep into the day easily.
The walls were a bit thin, and one night I was woken up due to the noise of some other guests but I usually expect noise so I brought my earplugs and went straight back to sleep. I would recommend earplugs just in case.
Also some of staff don't speak English, but I found it was nothing a bit of pointing and miming couldn't resolve.
All in all I was very comfortable, it was a good central location and i would recommend anyone travelling alone or in a group to stay.
Oh and I agree about all the comments relating to breakfast - it was basic and nothing to write home about.... But don't let that stop you. If this is all you're interested in you may as well say at home :-)

• Stayed April 2012, traveled solo

Been to Design Suites Buenos Aires? Share your experiences!