I am visiting town on regular basis and this was my second stay after almosr two years.
* LOCATION: in the very heart of Microcentro (city) 5 mins to Galerias Pacifico or San Martin Square. Also a bus terminal to the airport is very close. Losts of restaurants and shops
* HOTEL: Older building and decoration but well maintained.
* ROOM: Mine was a contemporary executive on 8th floor overlooking the street. With beige and light brown tones.
* BED: Excellent king bed where I slept very good.
* BATHROOM: Two separate sections for wc and shower. Very good presure and a large head with a lot of water! Great. Also another room with a bathtub with an opening to the room.
* TV: Miiddle sized plasma with lots of chanells. Needed 2 days to find them as not by order and there are 15 empty positions so you need to go one by one until no.80. When asked front desk about the selection they did not know anything.
* HEALTH CLUB: Basic workout room, small swimming pool, jacuzzi, changing room, massage rooms and sauna. Dirty water in jacuzzi and empty used bottles of gel on the floor in the showers.
* BREAKFAST: Nothing special and more like a company canteen than a hotel. Good selection of food (bread, medialunas, juices, fresh fruit...) crambled eggs and bacon. Would like to have different choices every day.
* STAFF: Front desk hepfull but slow and sometimes did not do what asked. At breakfast nobody asks anything and you have to order this and that...younger staff chit-chatting with each other instead of cleaning the dirty plates. Did not make sure at any time if you needed anything.
I asked for an iron which was brought in but later taken away and was not replaced later even if asked. The minibar was not re-filled in time and had to ask for it again!
Room was not properly cleaned!
Overall a good stay especially because of the bed and location and I was cosy inside it. I must add wifi was free in my room and a 30min vouchers provided for PC usage in business centre.
But being an expensive business hotel I would expect much more, especially from hotel staff. When you are Platinum Melia memeber I expect top services and an extra care from all the people involved, which was not met at this occasion.
I would recommend this hotel for businessmen and solo travellers or young couples.
Not indicated for families with small children and spoiled luxury tourist.
- Also Known As:
- Sol Melia Buenos Aires
- Buenos Aires Melia
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the Meliá Buenos AiresOur most important objective is to provide you with a warm and welcoming atmosphere for you to enjoy to the full.This modern hotel provides 209 spacious and comfortable rooms including Standard Rooms, Superior Rooms, Deluxe Rooms, Junior Suites, Executive Suites and Premium Suites. All the rooms have been carefully designed and combine elegance, quality service and the latest technology, as well as modern temperature control systems and soundproofing.The rooms are fully equipped with individually controlled central heating, LCD TV, desk, broad band Internet connection and WiFi, 2 telephone lines, minibar, safe, kettle, shoe-shine service and 24 hour room service. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Travelocity, Melia, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Tingo, TripOnline SA, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Otel, Venere and Agoda so you can book your Melia Buenos Aires Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.