“Good hotel with good location/facilities” 4 of 5 stars

Sheraton Buenos Aires Hotel & Convention Center
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   San Martin 1225/1275, Buenos Aires 1104, Argentina   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #146 of 436 Hotels in Buenos Aires
“Good hotel with good location/facilities”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2014

Good location to get around Buenos Aires. The hotel is huge and the gym has been the best in the top hotels we've stayed in South America so far. The hotel is also a convention centre so busy at most times, but staff were all very efficient and welcoming. You can see that the hotel is starting to look slightly tired. But for the price, i'd return due to the location and facilities.

Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
Yanina C, Manager at Sheraton Buenos Aires Hotel & Convention Center, responded to this review, March 31, 2014
We were delighted to hear that you had a wonderful stay with us at Sheraton. It was nice to hear that you have enjoyed all our facilities. Thank you so much for staying with us and we hope to see you in a near future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (112)
  • Polish first
New York City, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2014

I used to be a fan of this hotel, given its central location right next to the Tienda Leon bus station within walking distance to Puerto Madero and the Retiro areas. The hotel has a rather spacious Club Lounge, which had a great spread and great staff prior to this stay. However, this hotel has gone downhill since my last couple of stays in the last few years and the wear-and-tear shows.

I was upgraded to the Club Floor as a Platinum, which was nice, but the elevators of this hotel are rather slow. The room itself is a bit dated, but my biggest issue was that bathtub was rather dirty and I had to put a towel on the base before stepping into the bathtub for a shower. The furniture was starting to show some wear-and-tear, although the bed was very comfortable.

Upon entering the Club Lounge at 4pm, the staff was inaccessible and the food on the table seems like it had been left there for hours. When I did approach the staff for help, I felt like I was inconveniencing them. I was also surprised that the Club closed at 9pm, as I wanted to get a light snack and a drink before returning to my room. I wanted to work in the lounge around noon, but I was surprised again that it was closed from 11am to 2pm. As someone who has Club Lounge access, it would be nice if I could actually use the Club Lounge.

I used to really like this hotel, but I have to admit that this stay left a very bad impression on me. I will not be returning to this hotel in my future stays in Buenos Aires. There are much better hotels throughout Buenos Aires.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled solo
Yanina C, Manager at Sheraton Buenos Aires Hotel & Convention Center, responded to this review, March 28, 2014
First of all I would like to thank you for choosing our hotel for your last stay in Buenos Aires, also we would like to take this opportunity to thank you for taking part of your valuable time in letting us know your comments about the service issues you met during your last stay at the Sheraton Buenos Aires hotel. Constructive support from our guests is extremely important for us when trying to improve our quality and take measures in those areas which so require.

I apologized for the inconveniences you have experienced with the Sheraton Club Lounge service and the bathroom condition. We failed to provide you with a proper solution to the matters, but rest assured that we are going to double check some procedures to improve our services.

It has been a real pleasure to have you as a guest of our hotel and really hope we will
have the opportunity to welcome you back in the near future where you will receive the first class service you deserve.
Washington, District of Columbia, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2014

It didn't feel like I was a frequent spg traveler. During check in, the hotel staff did not make me feel much at home. They didn't tell me about breakfast being included or not, how to connect to the internet, etc. they were mostly focused on talking about themselves. (Sometimes even cursing). Then the bathroom was not very clean. The AC wasn't working very well. The room would run out of hot water. The glass on the coffee table of my room was even cracked, and I didn't realize until I almost cut my finger.

The location was good but the overall service of the hotel was average at best....

Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Yanina C, Manager at Sheraton Buenos Aires Hotel & Convention Center, responded to this review, March 26, 2014
First of all I would like to thank you for choosing our hotel for your last stay in Buenos Aires, also we would like to take this opportunity to thank you for taking part of your valuable time in letting us know your comments about the service issues you met during your last stay at the Sheraton Buenos Aires Hotel & Convention Center, constructive support from our guests is extremely important for us when trying to improve our quality and take measures in those areas which so require.
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2014

I arranged for a pickup at the airport and he was acceptably late. Finally, I got to the hotel and were ready rest in my room. The check in time was 3:00 and I got there at 4:00. However, I didn't get my room until an hour later! Some of my coworkers didn't get there room until two hours later!!! The next day, my other coworkers got here and didn't get there room until 5 hours later!!!!!! During the stay, there were many problems as well. My used bath towels were replaced with nothing!! Also, the bottle waters weren't replenished. This was a very disappointing stay as I expect more from Sheraton hotels.

Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Yanina C, Manager at Sheraton Buenos Aires Hotel & Convention Center, responded to this review, March 25, 2014
We are very sorry to hear about your experience among us. Your feedback is very important for us in order to continue improving our services. Thank you so much.
Cupertino, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2014

Checked in late evening, fast and courteous front desk. Had a Club level room on 23rd floor with gorgeous city views, room was very clean, fresh and in perfect condition. I needed a power strip which was provided by concierge in minutes.

Location is great for business and convenient to Puerto Madero area. Had breakfast at the Club on 22nd, normal solid SPG Club breakfast offered. Excellent service at the Club lounge.

Short stay, but everything about the stay was perfect.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Thank you very much for your feedback! We are glad to hear that your stay with us was a pleasant one.
We hope to have you with us again.
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2014

I choose this hotel because of it's location. Right in the middle of the city. Close to Puerto Madero, Florida, Retiro Station, City Airport.
We had a room on the 14th. floor with leaky window seals, which made a night rainstorm sound very unpleasant. The room was not renovated.
Down in the lobby cafe you can hear construction noise the whole day.
The staff is not very friendly, especially the concierge staff does not appreciate questions in English.

Room Tip: Don't stay at this hotel
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Yanina C, Manager at Sheraton Buenos Aires Hotel & Convention Center, responded to this review, March 19, 2014
Las Vegas, Nevada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2014

The hotel itself is aged but still nice and centrally located to many restaurants within 10-15 minutes walking. I enjoyed some snacks in the bar area in the lobby where the wifi center is. The wifi works well throughout the hotel, but not in the breakfast restaurant. The staff are very helpful and nice. The room was nice but the floor I was on had very loud doors when you shut them so every time someone shut a door it would sound like a slammed door. I heard that the upper level rooms 17 and up were recently remodeled, i stayed on the 14th floor and had great views from my window of beautiful Puerto Madero. All in all a nice place to stay at a reasonable price.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Yanina C, Manager at Sheraton Buenos Aires Hotel & Convention Center, responded to this review, March 17, 2014
We hope to have you with us again.

Been to Sheraton Buenos Aires Hotel & Convention Center? Share your experiences!