“Not seamless but just nice” 4 of 5 stars

4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   San Martin 1225/1275, Buenos Aires 1104, Argentina   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #148 of 436 Hotels in Buenos Aires
Singapore, Singapore
“Not seamless but just nice”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2013

The positives -
- Very nice location - Retiro is at the heart of the city
- View of the River plate if your room faces the back
- Very nice facilities - great gym, nice tennis courts, and I heard nice things about the indoor pool (the outdoor pool is closed during winter)
- Food wasn't great but since I was staying at the hotel for a while, I used to often order in and thanks to having been upgraded to the 22nd floor, had access to a kitchen with microwaves etc.
- Excellent internet connection via lan
- Well intentioned staff....

Issues
- Wifi was pretty bad
- There were funny issues like a tile in the bathroom that kept falling out revealing the piping, etc. They fixed it after a few days
- Very expensive laundry
- Staff weren't always best trained
- Near the train station so you have occasional really loud horns.. I'm not sure how it works on the lower floors facing the road - I'd imagine those would be pretty noisy too
- Breakfast was average

Overall, a very nice hotel to stay in. I don't have too many other benchmarks in Buenos Aires to compare it to..

Room Tip: Higher the better
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Yanina C, Manager at Sheraton Buenos Aires Hotel & Convention Center, responded to this review, June 25, 2013
Thanks very much for shearing your experience with us. We are very glad to know that you have enjoyed our services and you have had a wonderful stay. We hope to see you soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (112)
  • Polish first
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2013

It was the first time I visit the hotel for a business trip, the overall service was unrelenting, from room service and from the breakfast on 22 floor. I want to highlight the attention of aylen, one of the waitresses, always with a smile and well-disposed! . This hotel deserves 6 stars, definitely I will come back

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
We are very proud to know that you have enjoyed an excellent stay with us. You are welcome to come again to Sheraton Buenos Aires.
São Paulo, Brasil
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2013

When coming to Buenos Aires in January, you do have to note the city is hot as hell during the summer months.
If you want to wander around the city, you must now the heat will make your life more difficult.
Sheraton is my top pick for summer months due to their outdoor swimming pool, great for staying until midday and then going to do other things in the city. The room is nice, but dated, but it fits the regular business traveler or normal leisure traveler after all. The hotel is large and after check in, hotel staff will not bother you like some other hotel staff do. I recommend this place, it is very nice to go.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the port are very cool, much better. If you want to face the English Towe Square, it is...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Yanina C, Manager at Sheraton Buenos Aires Hotel & Convention Center, responded to this review, June 19, 2013
We were delighted to hear that you had a wonderful stay with us at Sheraton. It was nice to hear that you have enjoyed all our facilities. Thank you so much for staying with us and we hope to see you in a near future.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2013 via mobile

This was my third time staying here. I used to prefer the Marriott but it is not as convenient to the Puerto Madero restaurants as the Sheraton. Club level rooms are comfortable and clean. I had a great view of the port with tall ships and ferry traffic. The hotel ha a very active lounge in the lobby.

• Stayed June 2013
Yanina C, Manager at Sheraton Buenos Aires Hotel & Convention Center, responded to this review, June 10, 2013
Thank you very much for your feedback! We are glad to hear that your stay with us was a pleasant one. Thanks for the loyalty to our brand.
We hope to have you with us again.
New York City, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2013

I am a frequent traveller and the staff at this hotel is the rudest I have ever encountered on a trip. I just wanted to warn others of our terrible experience that we had - the staff practically made being rude an art form. We have status with Sheraton and were on club level floor. And even so - when we walked to our assigned room we immediately found 2 problems: 1) The lock on the door was broken. 2) There was a foul smell in the room. We called down and asked to be moved to another room, since we had just walked into this one and not unpacked or touched anything in the room. They refused to change our room and said we needed to wait for a repair man to fix the door to boot. After hours of travel, we didn't really feel this was a fair request from the hotel, so we asked again to please just be moved to another room, so we could go out and sightsee vs. wait in the hotel for the repair to be done (plus lets not forget the rooms smells horribly). The hotel RUDLY refused our request again (and I mean they were very rude about it - not even slightly apologetic and actually HUNG UP on me while I was talking to them with a curt "bye" and click). So unfortunately, we ended up having to involve the manger and it was a whole big unnecessary to-do. I really don't think a simple request to be placed in a room that we are paying for that we feel comfortable in should have EVER created this much of a headache ( especially given the fact that we are frequent users of this brand ). Multiple encounters with the staff the rest of our trip, just proved to be one rude unfortunate experience after another. Really wouldn't recommend this hotel to anyone ever. Seriously - please don't stay here.

If you want to stay at a Sheraton at Buenos Aires - we stayed at the Sheraton Hotel Libertador in Buenos Aires before and it was a significantly better experience.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Yanina C, Manager at Sheraton Buenos Aires Hotel & Convention Center, responded to this review, June 6, 2013
Dear Guest,

First off all, I would like to apologize for the bad experienced you had at Sheraton Buenos Aires. We failed to provide you with a proper solution to the matters and we are very sorry about this.
Rest assured you that we are going to take measures in order not to be repeated again.
It has been a real pleasure to have you as a guest of our hotel and really hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back in the near future where you will receive the first class service you deserve.
Boulder, Colorado
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2013

The location isn't great. It is 20-25 pesos cab ride away from the nearest tourist spot- the recoleta cemetery. Nothing else seemed walkable except the San Martin Plaza (which really has nothing!). Also the traffic around the hotel was unbelievable.
The concierge in this hotel is terrible. One guy broke my suitcase handle (which impacted the rest of my flights terribly as I couldn't roll my suitcase anymore) and he didn't even apologize or help tape it up for me. The other times I needed info I got a short rude answer but didn't get a smile from these people. And people say my smile is infectious. Not with these guys!
The folks at the reception were good; helpful and clear and courteous.
The rooms are alright, more like the rooms in a 3 star hotel in the US. The bathroom fixtures are old and the shower water flow rate is very low! The view from the hotel isn't great as it is next to the train station. Beds are comfortable. No coffee machine or iron. THe hairdryer I thought was very old, but functioned fine.
The restaurants in the hotel were okay. The cafe was good for a quick snack, but the Italian restaurant was terrible. I haven't had worse pizza in my life! The service was good. The same restaurant served breakfast (which was covered for my stay). Yet again, the food was only average. They do have a nice working area if you are here for business.

Overall, I would not recommend this place if you are in Buenos Aires for tourism.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Yanina C, Manager at Sheraton Buenos Aires Hotel & Convention Center, responded to this review, June 3, 2013
First of all I would like to thank you for choosing our hotel for your last stay in Buenos Aires, also we would like to take this opportunity to thank you for taking part of your valuable time in letting us know your comments about the service issues you met during your last stay at the Sheraton Buenos Aires Hotel & Convention Center, constructive support from our guests is extremely important for us when trying to improve our quality and take measures in those areas which so require.
We would like to apologize for the inconveniences that you have experienced with the Concierge´s staff; we are going to review all the comments in order not to be repeated again.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2013

This is a standard Sheraton: very good service, comfortable bed, nice breakfast (especially if you can get it for free). The location is very central with the Buquebus ferry terminal within 15 mins walk. The only down side was the surprisingly poor sound insulation. On the 23rd floor all the traffic noise from below was very audible.

Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Sheraton Buenos Aires Hotel & Convention Center? Share your experiences!