“great location and amazing food!” 4 of 5 stars

Sheraton Buenos Aires Hotel & Convention Center
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   San Martin 1225/1275, Buenos Aires 1104, Argentina   |
Ranked #164 of 439 hotels in Buenos Aires
Jordan
“great location and amazing food!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

I organized a work event here and used their rooms, convention halls and F&B. Had an overall great experience, their rooms are a little outdated but offer all the amenities you would need. good location close to some great restaurants and not far from the shopping areas.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled on business
Yanina C, Manager at Sheraton Buenos Aires Hotel & Convention Center, responded to this review, November 9, 2012
Thanks very much for your comments. We are glad you had a good stay. We hope to see you soon.

747 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (98)
  • Polish first
Rio de Janeiro, RJ
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2012

I ve been staying very often at this hotel. And i can say that club rooms are more convenient than suites. The last time i ve been there i bookeda suite at the 22nd floor...corner suite that should be one of their finest...but don t, were a lot like the 80 s. Not modern at all.
The spa is great. Nice indoor pool and gym. Try sheraton burger!!

Great Malvern, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2012

Stayed at this hotel for a week's conference. The first impression is that the decor and furnishings are a bit tired and in need of replacement. My room, on the club floor, was OK - but the toilet didn't flush properly. There was an ironing board but no iron - one was supplied about 24 hours after i asked, but for some reason which escapes me, they removed the ironing board at the same time!

Internet connectivity was very erratic and/or slow.

Although my room was quiet, some of my colleagues reported noise and disruption from other guests which the hotel were unable or unwilling to control.

Breakfast was good, with a wide range of items in the buffet. No tea or coffee in the rooms, and, although there is a coffee bar, it is often shut and it is hidden away by the back entrance to the hotel.

Since leaving, I've had to claim my frequent traveller points, despite presenting my card at check in and checkout.

Room Tip: Higher the better. Rooms on the south side have a view over the river.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Yanina C, Manager at Sheraton Buenos Aires Hotel & Convention Center, responded to this review, October 31, 2012
Thank you very much for your comments made in Trip Advisor.
I am officially sorry for the bad experience you had, we are going to double check with our staff in order not to be repeated again. Constructive support from our guests is extremely important to us, and help us to work on our weaknesses.
West Sussex
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2012

The Sheraton is in a good central location near the central station in Buenos Aires. However, it is an old hotel and in urgent need of a face lift and a good tidy up. The rooms are adequate and most have good views of the city. There are no tea and coffee facilities in the room but all the other usual things like a safe and hair dryer. The hotel has a few restaurants, but they are expensive as is the bar. Free wifi is available in the lobby (but VERY slow) and there is a small internet cafe in the lobby as well. The main city is about a 10 min walk from the hotel and Calle florida is nearby for shopping, eating and bars.

Room Tip: The higher rooms are better from less noise from the road and have better views.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
We would like to take this opportunity to thank you for taking part of your valuable time in letting us know your comments about the issues you met during your last stay at the Sheraton Buenos Aires, constructive support from our guests is extremely important to us, and help us to work on our weaknesses. I would like to inform you that the hotels is in a process of refurbishment. I would like to inform you that the hotel is in a process of refurbishment. We would like to host you soon and have the opportunity to stay in ours new rooms.
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2012

Have stayed in Sheraton BA twice in the last 2 months on business trips. The location of the property is prime. The rooms are good but the staff can be quite snobbish at times. As previously commented on the free wifi service is non-existent and slow. Definitely do not recommend room service food it is of low quality I'd rather suggest you find somewhere else to eat. Over all it is a good well furnished hotel with great location ideal for business trips.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
I reviewed your comments regarding your stay with us at the Sheraton Buenos Aires. We do take all comments seriously and appreciate all the feedback we can get. I do apologize for the issues you had during your stay. Again, thank you for the comments because we are always looking for ways to improve our service. We hope to host you soon.
Toronto, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2012

Shortly after I started the check in process, I was greeted by an extremely friendly hotel manager who thanked me for staying at their hotel as a gold member. What a great welcome!
But I was disappointed shortly thereafter when I went to my room.

1. I reserved a room with a king sized bed and they put me in a lower floor room with two twins.

2. When I went back to the check-in desk to ask for the type of room I reserved, they indicated that a room wasn't ready and that I would have to wait about an hour for it to be cleaned. I offered to stay in the club lounge while my room was being cleaned but was disappointed that it wasn't immediately available. In fact, a bell boy came up to the lounge with my room key within 10 minutes so it could have been worse.

3. Wi-fi internet service is non-existant. It is so slow and inconsistent that I ended up tethering my phone to my laptop to get data service. Roaming charges are expected to exceed CAD$50 but I had no choice.

4. I asked for an adaptor for my north american plugs. The woman at the front desk asked me to go to my room to wait for it as a bell boy would be up shortly. I waited for an hour before I called down. They indicated there were none left in the hotel so I asked why I wasn't informed of this as I had wasted an hour in my room to wait for it. Dead silence.

That said, the room I was eventually provided was wonderful and the location and facilities are very good so I would stay here again but I certainly wouldn't recommend it to others.

Room Tip: Ask for an upgrade to a Club Floor.
Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
First of all I would like to thank you for choosing our hotel for your last stay in Buenos Aires, also we would like to take this opportunity to thank you for taking part of your valuable time in letting us know your comments about the service issues you met during your last stay at the Sheraton Buenos Aires Hotel & Convention Center, constructive support from our guests is extremely important for us when trying to improve our quality and take measures in those areas which so require.
Singapore, Singapore
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2012

Booked this hotel ahead of time, so that I did not need to worry about my hotel during my short stay in Buenos Aires. When I arrived, I was upsold a package that included in-room Internet access and buffet breakfast for what the receptionist told me was US$20 + tax. As it turned out later, I was charged AR 174.24, which is a whole lot more than US$20 (more like US$30 + tax or 50% more tha what they said). Talk about pulling a fast one! As for the breakfast, it is the standard hotel breakfast. Nothing special at all. Internet access was available on the ground floor, next to the lobby, which I only found out after I had paid for "the package". As for the in-room Internet, I still had to log-in, as if I was not on a package and was kicked-out after every 24-hours.

Was allocated a twin-bedded room, even though I had asked for a King-bed in my reservation (that had been confirmed). Room 702 did not have much of a view, which was okay, but the air-conditioning just did not work. In spite of turning down the thermostat to the minimum, the room was warmer than the corridor outside!

I complained to the reception in person, and the receptionist said that she will get someone to look into it. This was at 8 am in the morning. Nothing had been done when I returned to my room in the evening. I checked again with the reception, and they not only did not apologize for the over-sight, the matter-of-factly informed me that they would send someone over to check. I told them that I had already endured two nights in the warm room, but the supervisor at the reception insisted that they had to check the fault (as if I did not know how to adjust the AC).

I told them that I would rather change my room, and so they told me to go back to my room. They then called me to tell me that a new room was allocated, and that someone would come by my room to give me the new key-card. The staff came by to give me the card and promptly left. At no point did anyone offer to help me with shifting my baggage, not even a luggage trolley was provided. While I was frantically packing and getting ready to shift, the air-conditioning technician appeared to check the air-condition and ascertained that it was not functioning. This young man was the only one who seemed apologetic about the situation, even though it did not help at all.

Being unhappy about it, I tried to escalate the poor service to the GM, but was told that he was uncontactable till the next morning. I asked to speak to the GM, but was repeatedly told that he may not be available, and that someone else "may" be allocated to speak to me instead. I arranged to meet someone at 9 am the next morning, but no one turned up or bothered to contact me.

Terrible, terrible experience! Only the bed was up to the usual Sheraton standard.

Room Tip: Try to get a room that faces Retiro Station and the Tower of the English (Torre de los Ingleses), wh...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled solo

Been to Sheraton Buenos Aires Hotel & Convention Center? Share your experiences!