“Nice Hotel, Helpful Staff, Central Location” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Sheraton Libertador Hotel

You added Sheraton Libertador Hotel to your Saves list
Sheraton Libertador Hotel
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   Av Cordoba 690, Buenos Aires 1054, Argentina (San Nicolas)   |
Ranked #184 of 441 Hotels in Buenos Aires
Boston, Massachusetts
“Nice Hotel, Helpful Staff, Central Location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2013

We stayed for 3 nights in September while visiting South America and found this hotel to be much nicer than anticipated. The location is in a central, though somewhat congested area and close to the Galleria Pacifica, Florida Street and San Martin Park. We paid for a club level room which was very quiet and had nice views of the city and the river in the distance. The bed was very comfortable and I slept quite well at this hotel.

I had read some poor reviews of the front desk staff and was pleasantly surprised to find the exact opposite. They were very friendly and went above and beyond in helping us with tour arrangements, drivers, taxi’s etc. The club lounge was very nice and the staff very accommodating. Included are a nice breakfast and some light appetizers in the evening. There is also a pool, hot tub and work out room on the top floor which provide a nice place to recharge after a day of touring. We would definitely stay at this hotel again.

Room Tip: If you pay for a club room you will be on a high floor with no noise and decent views.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Fonitos, Guest Relations Manager at Sheraton Libertador Hotel, responded to this review, October 2, 2013
Dear Stone13

First of all we would like to thank you for choosing Sheraton Libertador Hotel and trusting us with your accommodation during your trip to our wonderful city.

We are very pleased to learn that your experience at our property exceeded your expectations. Thank you so much for your comments we work really hard to give our guests the best experience and we try to make them feel like home away from home.

The Management

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (75)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2013 via mobile

The Sheraton liberator is in a nice location in Buenos Aires. There are many places to visit near by. The rooms are just OK (club level) and the breakfast is just not in par with other Sheratons. The service is OK as well, the staff will not go above and beyond their duties like they woul in Sheratons in Peru, and Ecuador...

• Stayed September 2013
The Management S, Guest Relations Manager at Sheraton Libertador Hotel, responded to this review, September 23, 2013
Dear Guisum,

Thank you very much for your feedback, we deeply appreciate you taking the time to offer constructive comments regarding your stay with us.
We are really surprised about your comments regarding the breakfast experience. At our Club Lounge we offer our guests full buffet breakfast the same one, with an ample variety of options, served at La Pergola Restaurant on the 3rd floor. We apologize if you could not find on our offer what you needed.

Again, thank you for the comments, constructive support from our guests is extremely important for us when trying to improve our quality and take measures in those areas which so require.

San Francisco, California, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2013

The great thing about Tripadvisor are the warnings: you reviewers really do set our expectations.

Yes, the rooms are tired and dated. We were even on a Club Lounge floor and they were dated. The tub is so tiny that you can't even sit in it. The water temperature would fluctuate from freezing cold to scalding hot.

I can tell you what I did like: the staff here. Guido in the front desk and Tamara who works in the Guest Lounge are off the charts wonderful. I can name them, that is how good they are: Guido and Tamara. They go the extra mile to do everything that they can do to make your stay comfortable. Here in the United States, people like them would be working at top hotels.

Guido: he went out of his way to help us when our luggage didn't arrive. Really in control of the situation. People like him should be picked up from Starwood and put into management training. That man is going places.

Tamara: she works in the Club Lounge-she is a wonderful sweetheart-great manners and a warm personality. Again, she was helpful and very kind in giving us advice about how to make our time in Buenos Aires better. My husband and I felt very cared during our time here.

Look, the hotel facilities may not be first rate. However, the people who work here are gifted and talented. That makes up for any issues that I had about the tub size.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2013

The location was fine and the room clean.
We stayed 4 nights and there was no hot water our entire stay. I managed to get a drizzle of luke warm water the third night.

We were staying on the "Sheraton Floor" which is supposed to be the nicest however our rooms were beside the airconditioning vent which knocks all night.

I mistakenly forgot to put the "do not disturb" sign on the door and housekeeping came into my room at 9:00pm and started yelling at me in spanish (I was asleep following a 19 hour flight). Following 10 minutes of being yelled at I phoned reception to ask what was wrong and find out why someone had come into my room. I was advised that if I wanted to sleep I should but the sign on the door....... really? I usually have the double bolt on but still don't feel this was an invitation to come into my room. No apology was given by reception.

We had a two day function and on both days reception could not figure out which meeting room we were in. On both occasions we were sent to at least three rooms on different floors before eventually finding out meeting room and then waiting another 15 minutes for someone to come and open it so we could begin.

Room Tip: Ensure you double lock the rooms and ask for a room away from the airconditioning vent for a good ni...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
The Management S, Guest Relations Manager at Sheraton Libertador Hotel, responded to this review, September 12, 2013
Dear Tashkat

Thank you very much for your feedback; we deeply appreciate you taking the time to offer constructive comments regarding your stay with us.

We are very much concerned regarding your comments about the hot water in the room. As I’ve been informed Manteinance solve the inconvenience during your stay, we are truly sorry for the trouble this may cause you.

During the morning until 4PM housekeeping clean occupied rooms. We are sorry to learn the maid woke you up and no one at the front desk apologized about it. We recommend to put the “do not disturb” sign until you leave the room to prevent this situations.

Regarding your comments about the meeting rooms, I can figure that under the meeting room name we had more than one meeting room reserved and maybe this was confused.

Once again thank you very much for your comments. We honestly hope you will give as a chance in the future to make it up to you and make your stay worthy.

Cordially,
Mississauga, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

We stayed a few days at this hotel and found it to be ideally located with the Galeria Pacifica mall right beside it. In fact, the hotel is right in the center of the city. Our room was quite spacious, clean and fresh with a big washroom. It definitely was one of the better hotel rooms we stayed in during this South American tour. It is close to many of the tourist attractions, shops, restaurants and a basilica. For those on the go, this was the best bet.

Room Tip: It appears that there are older rooms in the hotel. It may help to ask for the newer ones.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
The Management S, Guest Relations Manager at Sheraton Libertador Hotel, responded to this review, September 6, 2013
Dear Serendipity8,

Thank you for your comments about your recent stay in our property.

We are glad to hear that you had a wonderful stayed at our hotel and it’s a pleasure to know we feet your expectations and needs.

As a management team, we take all comments seriously and share them with our staff.

Again, thank you for your feedback, constructive support from our guests is extremely important for us when trying to improve our quality and take measures in those areas which so require.

South Jordan, Utah
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2013

I usually really like the Sheraton but not this one. I was there on business. Small dumpy rooms and they will probably stick you in a smoking room. I don't smoke for a reason, I don't like how it smells or breathing it in all day and night so why the hell would they put me in a smoking room. They finally moved me after I couldn't breath any more. They couldn't just avoid they issue and give me a non-smoking room upon request at check in. It's close to a mall an shopping but there are many better hotels in the area.

Room Tip: Don't stay here
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Dear sublime99,

We are deeply concerned to learn the inconvenience you went through with your room preferences. Unfortunately if your reservation was made under a smoking room and at the moment of check in we don’t have the option to change it, we have to give you the room you booked and if a nonsmoking room gets free we move you. We try to feet all our guests needs but sometimes we are captive of the availability at that moment. We recomend our guests to check this important preferences at the moment they request the reservation.

Thank you for taking the time to write a review giving us your feedback. Without any doubt your comments are our most valuable tool to improve our service and I truly hope you will give us the opportunity to host you again in our Hotel.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2013

This is a really nice hotel. It's big so do not expect that familiar service as boutique hotels, but it was a great staying and I don't have anything against the service.
The room is BIG and the bathroom simply great. Beautiful, spacious and with an amazing bath tube.
The breakfast was amazing and a sir called Henrique always brought my hot and delicious chocolate. Expect fruits, breads, yogurts, everything from a Sheraton hotel.
So whats wrong with it? THE LOCATION. It's far from Palermo and Recoleta which are the best places to spend your time in Bs As (so you must choose to stay in one of those places). Its close to Florida Street which I hate (crowded, not cozy at all, very popular).
I would recommend this is it was in another location but unfortunately I cant do it and I would advice you to choose a place in Palermo Soho or Recoleta instead.

Room Tip: With bathtube - they were amazing.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear GuiMilani,

Thank you for your comments about your recent stay in our property.

We are glad to hear that you had a wonderful stayed at our hotel. Your comments about Enrique’s service are very kind and we are proud to count with him as a part of our team.
It’s a shame you did not enjoy the area, but most of the 5 stars hotels are located here around.

The Management

Been to Sheraton Libertador Hotel? Share your experiences!