Susan and I had two spells in the Sofitel, one in October, at the begining of our trip to Argentina, and the other, at the end, in November. Both stays were first class with nothing to fault. We would give the hotel more points if the scoring allowed us.
The hotel is a quiet and centrally located oasis in a very pleasant and safe part of town, in easy walking distance of the bustling areas of BA. There are fantastic antique shops and private art galleries beside the hotel which give a very pleasant ambience to the location.
Accommodation and facilities were first rate. The level of attention was second to none, e.g. we were given the same accomodation for both visits, which pleased us greatly. Staff, without exception, were not just courteous, but took the time to ensure that we were comfortable with their service, and to converse with us. This was not confined to the front desk but cascaded throughout the hotel, from the doormen to the bar, restaurant, and fitness area: it makes a pleasant change from other 5 star hotels where service is usually always polite, but can be quite impersonal.
During the first part of our trip I lost a cuff link and on our second stay I mentioned this to the concierge who then had the staff check the hotel in case it had been left there. It hadn't, but A couple of days later I had a very courteous letter delivered to our room with an explanation of what had been done to check for it.
My wife asked one of the staff about the way that the chef had prepared a meal and the recipe, together with a note from the chef, was e-mailed to her a couple of days ago.
That is the level of service that we enjoy and having received it in abundance here we have no compunction in recommending this hotel.
- Also Known As:
- Sofitel Buenos Aires Arroyo Hotel
- Sofitel Buenos Aires Arroyo Hotel Buenos Aires
- Sofitel Buenos Aires
- Buenos Aires Sofitel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sofitel Buenos Aires is located in the tranquil and charming Arroyo Street, surrounded by enchanting and quiet sidewalks flanked by trees, the area is a heaven made up of antique shops and art galleries, a true epicenter of culture. The hotel features a perfect blend of the French savoir faire and the Argentine tradition, with an ambiance complementing exquisite decor and the delicate scents of soft flowers, awakening the senses of the guest and giving them the feeling of being where true luxury sits. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Amex, Cheap Tickets, ACCOR, Tablet Hotels, Priceline, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Travelocity, Otel and Jetsetter so you can book your Sofitel Buenos Aires Arroyo reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.