“I had a very good stay” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Package Deal
Ranked #23 of 436 Hotels in Buenos Aires
Boston, Massachusetts
“I had a very good stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2012

It is a very good hotel, excellent location, very nice neighborhood, very quiet and safe. The room and the bathroom seemed to me very small but made up as professional staff they have. The Sofitel is recognized everywhere and I think this hotel is the same line as the others do. I am very satisfied!

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (62)
  • Turkish first
Moscow, Russia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2012

Stayed here for 1 night after 2 weeks travelling all over Argentina and Uruguay. Very relaxing atmoshpere, amazing concierge (recomended us a wonderfull Indian restaurant, which was something we were all hoping for after 2 weeks of meat, meat, meat) and a very good bar downstaris.
Rooms very quite and comfy.
Overall - if you can afford it, go for it!

Room Tip: Rooms in the end of corridor sometimes have bad Wi-Fi reception
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
Melbourne, Australia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2012

Since I can't post another review for 3 months about this hotel I have to use another account. Just an update of very foolish games Sofitel plays with their customers. This is by far the poorest customer service I have received in my life anywhere in the world. I don't like being lied to and that is the impression I got after few emails from Sofitel. I am glad I am not actually staying there. Please learn on your mistakes, this is not how you treat customers, it felt like I was begging you for something free. After not hearing back from Sofitel regarding my booking I sent them another email asking what is happening and mentioning that it's unprofessional not to reply to my emails. This is a response from Sofitel after that email:

Dear Mr...

I am sorry for the delay in my response.
We have some problems with our email service

In a moment I will send you your new confirmation letter.

SOFITEL Buenos Aires RE h3253-re@sofitel.com
7:00 AM (5 hours ago)

to me
Dear Mr...

Unfortunately I am not able to make the reservation for you because this promotion is only available in the website.

I am really sorry for the misunderstading

Best regards,

Fax +54 (11) 4131.0124

• Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
Chatham, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2012

After two weeks traveling through Chilean and Argentinian Patagonia we arrived in Buenos Aires exhausted craving a bit of luxury. We weren't disappointed when we checked into the Sofitel. Our room was elegant and extremely comfortable. There was plenty of closet and drawer space. There are only a few rooms per floor and generally the environment is a bit more formal and quiet. The breakfast is excellent and the bar a relaxing oasis at the end of a day of sightseeing. The concierge could not have been more helpful making suggestions and reservations for us. The best part was the location. The hotel was well situated for walking to sights and getting public transportation yet was on a delightful quiet street in a beautiful neighborhood. We would certainly go back on our next trip to BA.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
Northampton, UK
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2012

My wife and I stayed at the hotel for a week when I was on business in BA, and then returned unexpectedly for another night later the next week when our flight was delayed. the staff at the hotel are marvellous and made us feel very welcome and helped with all our various requests for directions, recommendations and of course when we turned up mid morning and asked if they had a room until late evening when we returned to the airport. Nothing is too much trouble and we really enjoyed our stay here. The breakfast is very good with plenty of choice and excellent quality. We only had dinner once in the hotel and were not overly impressed, particularly at the cost. However there is a small supermarket a few metres away for water, snacks etc and a couple of hundred metres to the main avenue and to the right is a good selection of restaurants including the Mirasol where we ate twice whilst there. The hotel is well located for the city centre and sight seeing, and a short stroll down to Ricoletta where the cemetery and weekend markets are worth a visit. We would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2012

I recently stayed at the Sofitel for one night before heading up to Iguazu Falls with my two sons.

Our room was very large as we had an extra bed in there to accommodate all of us. No particular view but a pleasant and quiet room.

The bar and restaurant areas were adequate for quick one night stop but nothing special to write home about.

The breakfast buffet was very nice and the service was very good. You can have a glass of sparkling wine at breakfast which was a lovely way to start the day!

The hotel is located in a beautiful, quiet side street.

I only had one problem with my room but I didn't let it spoil my evening as the hotel staff came straight away when I called housekeeping - the sheets were stained slightly and so upon further inspection, I noticed that the actual duvet filler itself, was incredibly stained! Yuk! I'm not sure how that happened in a hotel of that level. It looked like an old duvet filler at your home may do after a few years wear and tear - yellowed and a few stains. Needless to say, I was given a perfect set of sheets after that incident.

If you are looking for a decent hotel and the price is right, I'd recommend this hotel. If you are staying a few days and looking for luxury, there are better options such as the Park Hyatt (beautiful!!!!) or the Alvear Palace (old world charm).

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family

Been to Sofitel Buenos Aires Arroyo? Share your experiences!