“Great menu for New year's eve” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Montana Ranch

Montana Ranch
Presidente Roberto Ortiz 1813, Buenos Aires, Argentina (Recoleta)
+54(11)48049464
Improve this listing
Ranked #2,318 of 2,560 Restaurants in Buenos Aires
Cuisines: Argentinean
Dining options: Reservations
Neighborhood: Recoleta
México DF
“Great menu for New year's eve”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2013

I went there looking for some wine and maybe some food on new year's eve. It was very late, about 2 am, and they offered us a big steak with salad and unlimited wine menu.

Food was good, we had great attention from the waiter. We ordered like 4 bottles of wine, it was very cheap considering the average price at other places.

Worth visiting when there are menus.

• Visited December 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Buenos Aires, Argentina
“Terrible waitress, cold food with no pepper or salt”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2012

The waitress got upset when I asked a second time for salt and pepper.
She did not answer me and had a bad attitude.

When my food was almost finished and cold, she brought the pepper and told me very clearly that the tip was not included in the bill.

What a horrible experience!

All the chef's hard work and that of the owner, ruined by one horrible person.
I'm referring to the skinny blonde girl - whatever her name is.

Don't go to this place - there are many other options!

• Visited November 2012
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Kansas City, Kansas
“Dinner”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2012

Had steak with black pepper sauce, not like ones I have had before, this one was in a sauce with whole black peppercorns, flavor was ok, but be careful if you don't want to crunch a peppercorn. Had 'Montana Green' salad, was actually good but just greens and cheese. Fried potatoes came with the steak, were ok. House 375ml 'Cupa' wine was quite good, very mellow. When you get the bill they add on the tip they expect, although my waitress did explain that's what it was. If you want to pay by credit card apparently they can not put the tip amount in the charge so they want it in cash. Total was 280 pesos with a roasted red pepper appetizer, which was ok. Not good value, will not return.

• Visited October 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Miami, Florida
“Avoid this terrible Tourist Trap!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2012

Bad service. Bad experience, Bad food, Bad pricing, Good Location... Traditional Tourist Trap!
I think eating at this place is one of the worst gastronomic experience in all my trips. The food is NOT good at all (to the point I did not eat the meat on the brucheta that i ordered, i believe the brucheta was precooked and left on a fridge and then they reheated it on the grill wen I ordered it, the result was a very dry meat with no taste).
In addition, the service is very slow and not very friendly (in Argentina, a 10% tip is for a very good service and is completely voluntary. At this place the waitress will manualy add the tip (10%) to the the check before handling it to you).

• Visited July 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Washington, District of Columbia, United States
“Worst restaurant I've ever been to.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2012

I rarely write reviews, but my experience was so bad today that I had to wright one. I went to this restaurant because it had a pleasant modern look about it, and they were playing the Euro cup. Because they were playing the Euro cup I stayed there a few hours while watching the horrific site in front of me. Throughout the time I was there the chef kept on walking from the grill to the back full apron on with gloves and dirty meat on his apron, and rubber goes on smoking a cigarette going back to the bathroom, touching everything and then went back to grilling. Also the cleaning staff kept walking through the restaurant making everything more of a mess. Most of the restaurants I've been to in BA have had excellent waiting staff, but this staff was lazy and inattentive. Everyone had to argue with the staff at the end of their meals, because the bill was full of hidden fees. I know this is a tourist trap restaurant so you'll probably be reading this after the fact. If anyone who works for the BA government reads this please shut down this restaurant. It's an embarrassment to the city to have such lowlifes running a restaurant at Recoleta's beautiful cementario.

Visited June 2012