“Not all that ...” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Bys Palermo

You added Hotel Bys Palermo to your Saves list
Hotel Bys Palermo
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   Acuna de Figueroa 1263, Buenos Aires C1180AAW, Argentina (Palermo)   |
Ranked #65 of 441 Hotels in Buenos Aires
Certificate of Excellence 2014
London, United Kingdom
“Not all that ...”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

I was disappointed with my five night stay here ... whilst the bedroom was a good size, and the bed was really comfortable, there were two problems with marred my stay.

The first was the air-con in the bedroom - it started pouring out water on the second night. The cleaning staff knew about it (I had towels on the floor), but it wasn't fixed. And the reception staff weren't the most approachable (their english was a bit hit and miss), so I didn't try asking them to fix it.

The other problem was the wifi - it was really poor in the bedroom, and when you're trying to arrange to meet friend with lousy wifi - it is incredibly frustrating (almost worse than not having wifi at all).

Maybe I was unlucky - but I won't be trying this hotel again.

• Stayed February 2015, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Centreville, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2015

Some attendants were not so fluent in English, but either way, I had no problems getting answers. Breakfast was great and room was better than expected. Room is very quiet and very clean. Wifi connection was not that bad as well. I would definitely come back here when I go to Argentina!

• Stayed March 2015, traveled solo
Leuven, Belgium
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2015

We stayed in this hotel for one night. We mainly booked this place because it wasn't too expensive and because we needed a place to get some rest after a series of long intercontinental flights.

Upon arrival we were promptly upgraded, free of charge, to an executive suite. This turned out to be an excellent, big room. Bed was great: big and very comfortable. Wifi was a bit spotty but worked fine in the end.

Breakfast was excellent, pretty much all of it was fresh and very tasty.They also have a small pool on the roof where we were able to relax for a couple of hours after breakfast until we had to catch our connecting flight.

The staff was also very helpful and they spoke English quite well which is rare in Argentina. They helped us with our suitcases and were able to help us with many other things (booking taxis, finding a bank, ...). Everything was done promptly and courteously.

The only very minor point of criticism is that the bathroom could have been cleaner and that there aren't many restaurants in the direct neighbourhood of the hotel. But these are such minor issues they didn't impact our stay at all. I would highly recommend this place to anyone who is looking for a great, no-nonsense hotel with great service and a good bed.

• Stayed February 2015, traveled as a couple
Schweinfurt, Germany
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2015 via mobile

Had a doubt about this place before booking, but glad I did end up booking this hotel. It was just in a perfect location where you can walk to Palermo Soho and Plaza Serrano for a great evening at restaurants and bars. A Taxi's from this location to Recoleta, Puerto Madero, and San Telmo were so affordable.

The hotel always had a police officer close by the property, which made it safe. The staff were excellent and by far most everyone spoke English. Lucinano from front desk was very kind and helpful.

Overall, I would recommend this place and I wouldn't mind staying at this hotel again. (Coffee shop across the hotel is excellent)

• Stayed March 2015
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2015

We stayed for 2 nights in March and were really happy with our choice. The rooms are very spacious and the bed is huuuuuge! The staff was very friendly and gave us great recommendations on good restaurants. Also important, the breakfast buffet was good and the coffee as well (we had some lousy coffee in Argentina..).
I have no negative points,except the fact that we heard the pool was only open in the summer (Jan and Feb), while it was still 30degrees celcius outside on March 4th.
But overall, a great hotel and I will certainly recommend it to everyone.

Stayed March 2015, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2015

We stayed with my daughter for five days.Clean,spacious rooms and bathroom.The air cond.was OK for the hot weather of the city.Walking distance from Plaza Serrano.Nice swimming pool.We enjoyed the breakfast service.We suggest to change towels.They are too old.

Stayed February 2015, traveled with family
jinja
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2015

I spent 8 nights; just want I needed, stayed for business and I much preferred it to the soulless business hotels. I was at a conference in Hilton Puerto Madero and was happy of my choice to stay at Bys. All the staff expect for one miserable man were nice, Simon the big lad was really cool and was very helpful. Some of the others I don’t know their names but stood out, even lending me their metro card for the day and looking all over for a cork opener (bring one in Argentina, amazing wine)! I have never had that before. Breakfast was spot on, fresh juice would be nice, the pool all you need, I think it was a shipping container at one point, but perfect just extend the hours, they did not mind if you bring a beer or wine to have riparian.
The room was nice, city view nothing special but could have more colour and luggage rack. Only gripe was no iron so had to send away for shirt pressing, at least have one at reception people can use.
Price was very reasonable, perfect location. A tip the best restaurant was La Cabrera, only 10 min walk, from 19:00-20:00 40% off the whole bill, including wine the best steak and much better I found than Don Julio which I was disappointed with.
Overall I am very happy with my stay and will use again!

• Stayed February 2015, traveled on business

Been to Hotel Bys Palermo? Share your experiences!