“Exceeded my expectations” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #23 of 343 Activities in Buenos Aires
More attraction details
Owner description: Full day tour to the San Antonio de Areco Town and Estancias:This is an unique way of enjoying and experiencing the cultural legacy of the Gauchos, and Argentina's old traditions in San Antonio de Areco: "Historical Town" and "Cradle of Gaucho's Traditions".Includes round trip from Buenos Aires, bilingual local tour guide, asado barbecue, horseback/carriage riding, folkloric music, gauchos´ skills on horseback. Swimming pool in summer. And a big park to learn about our native trees, wild animals, and agriculture production in the pampas. Also the origins of our Criollo Horse, how we grill our beef and the ceremony of the mate.Performed by Areco's experienced locals, tours are based on visitors being in contact with neighbors, artisans and gauchos.
Sydney, Australia
“Exceeded my expectations”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2012

As a solo traveller, with limited time and on my first trip to Argentina, I wanted to experience an authentic Estancia and the history of the Gaucho. I didn't want the commercially oriented tourist experience and I found the ideal day trip with Guillermo. A small group of three, pickup from the hotels and a pleasant ride to san antonio de areco. Guillermo gave us a very informative walking tour of the town followed by a trip to the Estancia with a welcome drink and best tasting empanadas in Argentina. A horseback ride, great lunch, gaucho demonstration and a walk around the grounds completed a fantastic day before being driven back to BA. The experience exceeded my expectations. This was a tour with a personal touch achieved by Guillermo's passion for what he does, the friendliness of everyone on the estancia and the beautiful countryside. You really got the feeling of what it is to be a proud Argentinian. Highly recommended.

Visited October 2012
caminopampa, Propietario at Camino Pampa: Tour San Antonio de Areco Town & Estancia, responded to this review, December 5, 2012
Dear Vicky W,
Really thanks about your wonderful review of the experience.
We just wanted to show you how is our real life style in the countryside…no more and no less…
We are also grateful of meeting people like you that want to find the real/original Argentina.
And…yes!: Our every day handmade “empanadas” are superb…sometimes more spicy, some other times more juicy, but delicious every day…

Best wishes from San Antonio de Areco…and

• Polish first
Sunshine Coast, Australia
“Amazing Day”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2012

I had already visited an Estancia last year whilst in Buenos Aires for work. it was great ,but I felt it was a bit too touristy!. So this time being my husbands first time to Argentina I was looking for something truely authentic. Camino Pampa!!
We were picked up promptly from our hotel in Buenos Aires by Guillermo, who is delightful and so knowledgeable. We visited the town of San Antonio de Areco - so beautiful and then onto Camino Pampa.
The food was fantastic, the wine superb and the atmosphere priceless!
After lunch Oscar sang and played his guitar under the shade of the tree....what more could one ask for!
As a travel agent I am always looking for unique experiences to pass onto clients.
Camino Pampa and Guillermo is definitely one of those experiences you must not miss whilst in Buenos Aires.!
Thank you Guillermo!

Visited October 2012
caminopampa, Propietario at Camino Pampa: Tour San Antonio de Areco Town & Estancia, responded to this review, December 4, 2012
Dear Kelly,

I remember you and Doug…

Thanks for giving us the chance to show you how we are the people from the province of Buenos Aires.

I modern times is difficult to maintain our original lifestyle and traditions, but you keep helping us by appreciating and sharing it!

Your comment is a nice compliment, and a valuable one for us in the sense of spreading the word…
Maybe I will meet you here again with some of you customers!

(Do you remember the broken sidewalk in your hotel?…we need to go through kind of labyrinth, I was hoping not to lost you there…)

Even being you are a travel agent, I should say…
Sydney, Australia
“Achievement of the Impossible”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012

I was so surprised by our day in Septmber with Guillermo & the estancia.

Guillermo's knowledge of the area & the gaucho culture was more than the translation of text from a history book. His pride in his culture was evident in every single word, it was more like the telling of a love story.

I've owned horses for most of my life, worked in a riding school & ridden in many. The estancia that we visited had the most well behaved & well cared for horses in any that I've every seen. They were fat, healthy & happy.

I'm very passionate about travelling, but most of the time my overall feeling is that I'm lucky to be Australian. The day with Guillermo made me wish that I was Argentine! My only question is......do they need an Australian stable hand???

Visited September 2012
caminopampa, Propietario at Camino Pampa: Tour San Antonio de Areco Town & Estancia, responded to this review, November 16, 2012
Dear Beth,
I am really amazed about your words...such a nice compliment and gift…thanks…
I remember you very well, it was one of the first good spring days here, with Peta and Steven, And I think that Argentina was one of the last countries that you were visiting in that trip…
We spend such a beatiful day with a really nice talk with you.
What makes me so enthusiastic is that you were really friendly and interested in all about Argentina.
Maybe you will have a chance to visit Argentina again!
“An unforgetable day”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2012 via mobile

While in Argentina we wanted to experience the Pampa and an Estancia. We looked at diffrent possibilities. Then we found Camino Pampa. This was exactly what we needed. An organized daytrip to the countryside with a friendly host and driver. Gulliermo started the tour by picking us up at the hotel and explaining a lot on the way to San Antonio de Areco. After a short tour through town we wen to the beautiful estancia. We were treated like kings with welcome drinks and delicious Empanadas. On a horseback over the estancia and then a real Asado. We were all the time acompanied by Gulliermo who explained and showed us everything. We were just 5 persons so it was very intimate. A great day and worth the money!

caminopampa, Propietario at Camino Pampa: Tour San Antonio de Areco Town & Estancia, responded to this review, October 30, 2012
Dear Regula (I guess that you are Regula, I hope so…),
Thank you and David for giving us the opportunity to show you all about our people, history and our lifestyle.
And of course for making the group so open and friendly.
It was an enjoyable journey for us.
Thanks for your nice review!!! It is one of the most rewarding thing for us to have a review like this.

Hope you enjoy your Tango lessons!
Keep walking the world…
Ann Arbor, Michigan
11 attraction reviews
“Horse Whisperer the best”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2012

A great tour. It had it all, gauchos, horses, great meal, tour of the ranch by horseback, music, demonstration by the gaucho of how well trained his horse was. You could feel the spirit between the horse and the gaucho. Don't miss this one................. There were only 3 of us on this tour.

Visited September 2012
Dear Tuttle,
Hope you and Larry had a wonderful stay in Buenos Aires.
Thanks for joining us in this visit to our town...and to be so interested in our "argentinian lifestyle of the pampas"!
I remember you staying in the lobby in the early morning of the hotel wandering what it would be about during the rest of the journey...
It was a entertaining journey for us, and really thank you for the gift of your review...I appreciate it a lot...

Keep walking the world!