“Top notch drinks and service” 5 of 5 stars
Review of INDIE San Telmo Bar

INDIE San Telmo Bar
Av. Paseo Colon 843, Buenos Aires 1063, Argentina (San Telmo)
54 11 43070997
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #344 of 467 things to do in Buenos Aires
More attraction details
Owner description: Indie Bar is one of the few bars in town serving great cocktails and quality food to the sound of good music. While its specialty is undoubtedly cocktails, a variety of beers and a good selection of wines is also available. Situated in the old quarter, with a huge attractive bar attended by cool barmen who will make you feel special, Indie is an ideal place for an enjoyable night out. Basement with live music.
Buenos Aires, Argentina
3 attraction reviews
“Top notch drinks and service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2011

I had been looking for a place with high-quality drinks and a great atmosphere, but I would usually find one or the other. Good customer service is also a big deal for me, and I couldn´t find a bar that would meet all of these requests until I found Indie San Telmo bar and it´s definitely my favorite place in Buenos Aires. Really nice and hip bar, with delicious quality cocktails and an amazing staff-Always great to hang out with these guys.

Visited February 2011

New York City, New York
“This is the greatest bar”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2011

I love this bar. Great crowd, great drinks, great tunes, everyone that works there is super nice and awesome. Don't miss it! Mostly I just drink beer or regular drinks, but I highly recommend trying the special cocktails, they are tasty. And potent.

Buenos Aires, Argentina
“If you travel to Buenos Aires, a bar that you must know!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2011

Ambiant excellent with a good variety of drinks to enjoy the best cocktails. Very good quality of service, from the music playing in place (music that is rarely heard in other bars) until the focus on every detail. And always accompanied throughout with great kindness and good vibes:)

Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Best Bar in Bs.As.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2011

When I first came to live in San Telmo in October 2010 I didn't know a single person or have any idea which bars or restaurants were the best. After several weeks of bouncing from one establishment to another in search of the utopian watering hole I finally found it at Indie Bar. Not only are the drink specials great, cocktails wonderful and prices low but it's the laid back atmosphere that sets Indie apart from all competitors.

The zero people I knew in Bs.As. five months ago quickly mushroomed to 30+ people and I attribute that meteoric rise to the many events (or eventful nights) at Indie. Many of the patrons of Indie; occasional, regular, Argentino or expat alike I now count among my many friends in Bs.As. If you're in San Telmo you have nothing to lose by stopping by and chances are that you'll be back several times over.

Milton Keynes, United Kingdom
“Not just a bar.......These guys really want you to have fun!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2011

We are a couple from England who moved to San Telmo for six months in November 2010- we feel compelled to tell you all about Indie and just how awesome it is!

If there was one word to sum up this bar it's FUN!

We happened across Indie Bar as we were on the way to a festival in our first week of being in Buenos Aires and immediately fell in love with the place and the staff. We're not usually regular 'bar goers' back home but something about the place makes you want to come back again and again (and as we're here for 6 months that's exactly what we're doing!). Perhaps it's the fun that makes you want to come back but there are plenty of fun bars in Buenos Aires right? Yes, but the BEST thing about this place is that the staff make you feel as if you're the only people in the bar- they take full responsibility for ensuring you enjoy yourself!...And if you just want a quiet night they've got that covered as well...Spanglish on a Wednesday is well worth checking out if you want to improve your Spanish and meet new friends.

Thursdays, Fridays and Saturdays are by far the biggest evenings at Indie and are probably the busiest with the downstairs 'night club' usually opening up- In true porteno style the bar gets going late but we always got there a little earlier for the incredible pizza (you have to try it!) and drinks promotions.

Our favourite thing about Indie is the staff though- somehow they make it seem like they absolutely love what they do and nothing is ever too much trouble for them! The bar attracts a great crowd of people from all around the world and it's not hard to see why!

Ben and Liza (England)