“Great experience” 5 of 5 stars
Review of VOS Spanish School - Day Courses

VOS Spanish School - Day Courses
Marcelo T. de Alvear 1459, Buenos Aires C1060AAA, Argentina (Recoleta)
+54114812 1140
Website
Improve this listing
More attraction details
Owner description: The VOS Club Cultural del Español is a spanish school located in the centre of Buenos Aires (district: Recoleta).We offer several different spanish courses, for example, intensive, regular and private. In addition, we also provide DELE and CELU preparation.Besides the spanish classes, the students are also able to attend diverse cultural activities, as watching a movie on Spanish, learning salsa and/or tango and some walking tours through the city.
Reading, United Kingdom
“Great experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2015

What? Language school in central Buenos Aires.

The Good: We did a lot of research beforehand and spoke to friends at different schools & got the impression we had a really good experience, relatively. Very good with emails before we arrived and on numerous other occasions subsequently went above & beyond (eg helping to change money, letting us print documents &c.). Lessons were friendly & informal. Good teachers. Small groups (4-5). Excellent BBQs every Friday where we made loads of friends & met other travellers.

The Bad: Probably not the cheapest.

The Bottom Line: Vos really helped our confidence with the language and generally enhanced our time in Buenos Aires.

Visited March 2015

Paris, France
“Think twice before going there”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2015

We have attended Vos Schol for one week during the festival ( Carnaval) and we knew that Moday was off and we would recover the time during the week.
In fact Tuesady was a cooking class 8 which actuallt counted on the time, a joke although in itself it was fun) But this ia not a course of Spanish. So one day was paid and we had nothing as a course: FRoday the teacher arrived late He did not know that class was earlier to make up the time:
ASking for 40 Dollars for each person for documents , we were two) is a bit outrageous since
we got just bad photocopies during the last three days where we had really sschool of spanish.
I think we were treated poorly treated during that week.

People looking for a week of spanish In Buenos aires should about this to make therir decision.

I do not myself recommend the school.

Ray

Visited February 2015
“Great Classes, Great People and Great Experience!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2015

I spent a week in group and private classes in July 2014 and I can not say enough good things about Gastón, Maggie, Pancho and the rest of the team at VOS. They really care about the improvement of each student and I was blown away by their treatment of each person as a member of their family. I am extremely grateful to them because I had a bit of an unusual situation there. I'm a Spanish teacher in NC and was working with Pancho one on one in helping me develop as a teacher in addition to improving my Spanish. He was incredibly easy to work with and helped design our time together to best help me. This year I've tweaked my curriculum after spending time at VOS and the results have been incredible.
I made several friends during my time there and feel I really got to know my teachers and the staff. The extra courses like tango and the slang courses are great, but just the fact that they care about each student that comes in is remarkable and extremely rare. Thank you guys so much!!!

Visited July 2014
“Great personalized learning experience”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2015

I had a great experience taking private classes with VOS Spanish School. I was travelling around in Argentina and had little time to stay in Buenos Aires and they were very helpful with the timing of my private classes that were designed to what I needed to improve in my spanish. The teachers were great and very friendly. I also participated in afterclass activity of a Tango Class which was very entertaining and useful. special thanks to Daniela who made this experience unforgettable.

Visited December 2014
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Outstanding Spanish school in BA”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2015

My daughter (who has studied French in high school) attended VOS Spanish school for four weeks in the summer of 2014 and came out of the course with an EXCELLENT comprehension and speaking ability in Spanish. The staff is excellent and my daughter is still in contact with her instructors to ask about subjects she studies in HS in the US and they are always willing to help. The classes revolve around current events as well as Latin American and world history. The other students were very interesting and her interaction with them contributed to her continuing to learn the language. I (as the parent) was encouraged to attend the movie nights where Argentine movies were screened and this was a very interesting reflection on Argentine culture. They also offer course on Argentine slang, which is helpful if you will spend any amount of time in Argentina. I visited other schools in BA and none was as attentive as VOS in explaining their curriculum (ask for Daniela). I highly recommend the school. Very central location and easy to access by public transportation. The prices were very good as well--a GREAT investment in your language learning experience.

Visited July 2014