“Awesome tour! Highly recommend it!” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #8 of 343 Activities in Buenos Aires
More attraction details
Owner description: A "Pay What You Want" tour, Buenos Aires Local Tours, is a great introduction to the past and present of Buenos Aires. You'll travel by public bus, subway and foot to see the Buenos Aires most tourists miss. Visiting Abasto, Congreso and Plaza de Mayo and it's the perfect way to get to know the city as a local does. Run by English & American expats, there are regular group "Pay What You Want" tours, and a private custom tour service is also available if you would like to visit other areas such as Recoleta (& the cemetery), La Boca or San Telmo.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Chicago, IL
24 attraction reviews
“Awesome tour! Highly recommend it!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2012

The tour with Jonathan was absolutely great! He is very knowledgable about the city, its history, current affairs as well as the Argentine culture. I highly recommend the tour to anyone. When I went on the tour I was the only one (lucky me!) so I got an awesome private tour through the city. Not only was Jonathan very informative, he was also very nice and even emailed me city recommendations as well as other tours I should check out. Jonathan's tours are free but he does accept tips, so tip your awesome tour guide well! If you would like to read a little more about my tour with Jonathan, please feel free to check out our travel blog with lots of pictures from the tour: http://ddfitzgerald.weebly.com/3/post/2012/10/buenos-aires-local-tours-with-jonathan.html

Visited October 2012

Bloemfontein, South Africa
“Worth your while”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2012

Certainly worth your while if you have just arrived in the city. Jonathan will help you understand the bus system and take you to a few places which you may not usually see. As I had seen some of the attractions already, and was the only one on the day's tour, he quickly adapted the schedule to make it more interesting for me.

Visited October 2012
“Thank you Johnathan!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2012

My wife and I combined the "free daily tour" with a short "private" tour in one day (we were the only two on the daily tour - lucky us).
We had been in BA for four days prior to his tour and we both remarked that we should have contacted Johnathan sooner. Recommendation : Land, take one day to settle in, contact Johnathan. It was that informative; in addition to learning amazing facts about BA and Argentina we learned how to traverse the city by bus, subway and foot.
In summary, Johnathan is knowledgable, whitty, and personable and you simply must allow him to share his newly adopted city with you.
P.S. you will cover quite a bit of ground so dress accordingly.

Visited September 2012
“Great introduction to the city”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2012 via mobile

We took this tour the morning we arrived in Buenos Aires and are delighted that we did - it provides an excellent introduction to the city by showing you how the somewhat confusing transport systems work and giving you a good overview of some of the key areas. Also having someone as knowledgeable as Jonathan to ask questions of is great if you are planning to spend some time on the city, and he kindly offers to send round a list of his recommendations to those who want them. Overall highly recommended, and I'd say that the sooner you do it after arriving the more you will appreciate it.

“Make this tour the first thing you do in Buenos Aires.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2012 via mobile

I'm not going to echo the statements of many other reviewers as to how great and informative this tour was (which it was) but I do want to repeat the advice that you should really do this on Day One of your stay in Buenos Aires. It will give you a good feel for the city, teach you about busses and the Subte, and give you some ideas as to where to explore in greater detail.

Thanks Jonathan!