“Michelin Left One Out!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hernan Gipponi Restaurante

Hernan Gipponi Restaurante
Soler, 5862 | Hotel Fierro, Buenos Aires C1425BYK, Argentina (Palermo)
+5411 3220 6820
Neighborhood: Palermo
Miami, FL
“Michelin Left One Out!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013

I stayed in the Fierro Hotel for a week and had breakfast at the Hernan Gipponi Restaurant each morning. I had heard reviews of the dinner menu and the brunch – but simply thought it was hotel food. One evening I had plans to walk into Palermo Soho for dinner and to my dismay it was raining – so we changed plans and had dinner in at Hernan Gipponi…what a blessing in disguise!!! The evening ambiance was awesome – and with the window cut into the kitchen – you feel like you’re right there with the chef’s as they are whizzing away preparing your meal. I had the 7 course tasting meal and would return daily for it! The food was well prepared, unpretentious, and extremely tasty. The service was immaculate – and since I was a guest in the hotel the whole staff seemed to cater to my every need. The wine pairings were great (secret tip: the sommelier actually is one of the best in the whole country!). There is a brunch that is held on the weekends – that I wasn’t able to attend that locals portenos say is one of the BEST in town! This restaurant definitely has my vote for a Michelin Star!

Visited February 2013

89% Recommend
New York City, New York
“THE BEST MEAL EVER”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2013

I was staying at the Fierro Hotel for 8 nights so I got to experience this restaurant quite a lot. The breakfast was phenomenal. I also decided to do the 9 course tasting menu one night and I'm certainly glad I did. This was by far the best food I tasted in Buenos Aires.The 9 course tasting menu was exquisite and very cheap by New York City (USD) standards. The service was impeccable- I wish I could remember all the lovely waiters and waitresses by name. You are wonderful! Thank you! I specifically loved the yogurt with granola (I'm sure both items were homemade)

• Visited January 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Salvador, BA
“Nine course diner”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

In a quiet setting and a friendly service, Hernan Gipponi offers a set course diner. An overall pleasant experience, with a few good surprises along the nine course diner. The desserts are creative and refreshing. Good wine selection, sadly presented on an I Pad, which I thought a little bit tacky. Fair pricing.

• Visited January 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Denver, Colorado
“What a find!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2013

I was delightfully surprised when I grabbed a bite while staying at the hotel. Excellent freshly prepared food in a pleasant environment. Attentive waitstaff.

Visited January 2013
Brookline, Massachusetts, United States
“Best meal in S. America”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2013

Innovative food and excellent service. I had the 7 course tasting menu and my wife had the 5 course. Delicious!

Visited January 2013