“Amazing place to stay....very special” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Fierro Hotel Buenos Aires

Save Saved
You added Fierro Hotel Buenos Aires to your Saves list
Fierro Hotel Buenos Aires
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Soler 5862 - Palermo | Palermo Hollywood, Buenos Aires C1425BYJ, Argentina   |
Special Price
15% off room rate
Ranked #5 of 439 hotels in Buenos Aires
Sydney
“Amazing place to stay....very special”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2013

So, I was tossing up between this and Casa Calma but chose this hotel because of the location..and it was well worth it. It is located in Palermo Hollywood - alot of cool cafes in the area and you can walk to Palermo Soho within 20 mins where you will find even more cool cafes and boutiques. Walk 20 mins in the other direction and you will find yourself at Plaza Italia and the Zoo. Subway is a 10 min walk if that and some bus stops are relatively close but the bus system is kinda crazy so unless you have a porteno from BA explaining what to catch and from where, I wouldn't try to work it out! Keep in mind, that Palermo Hollywood is not near the main tourist attractions like the Casa Rosa, Majo Square etc...but for me, I loved the cool neighbourhood - kind of like Surry Hills in Sydney or a mini Soho in NY/London. Perfectly safe at night - alot of bars around so people on the streets.

Pros:
1. Huge rooms - mine had a lounge and a king bed, small balcony with city view and massive bathroom - loved the rainshower.
2. Food - the restaurant downstairs is amazing. I had room service for dinner 2 nights out of 3 because it was so good! The breakfast is huge also - and delicious. The yoghurt and muesli and the apple, fennel & cucumber juice shot were favourites though.
3. Impeccable service and personal touches - it was my birthday during my stay and the 1st person to say happy birthday to me was my breakfast server!! They also sent up a choc mud cake with dulce leche and cream to my room during the day with a happy birthday note. So thoughtful! The people at reception were always helpful and able to help me find places. Seriously impressed.
4. The pool - I didn't try it out per se but I did go up and have a look and touch the water. It seemed lovely - if the weather was warmer, I would have had a dip. It is small though and really just for sitting by, not big enough to do laps.

Cons
1. Laundry - was expensive. I paid about $100 for 5-6 items such as underwear, jeans, tshirts and a sweater.

Still, would definitely go back and stay and would recommend to others.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo

763 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (128)
  • Korean first
Racine, Wisconsin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2013

I chose this hotel because of the Trip Advisor reviews. I would say for the most part it does not disappoint. I am not sure why other reviews did not like the breakfast...we found it to be quite filling. The yogurt and granola was my favorite. The meal comes with juice or coffee, breads, cheese, fruit cup, yogurt, granola, and eggs prepared to order. Our first night we wanted to eat at the restaurant but we didn't have reservations. The did allow us to order but asked us to be served in the lobby. It worked out okay but I would have preferred a table in the restaurant. The rooms are spacious and very modern...just beautiful. We upgraded for a patio. I wouldn't say the patio is needed. There is really not a great view and there is only a small patio table and 2 chairs. The highlight is the front desk. They were so helpful to inquire about our plans and make recommendations to make the experience even better. We got some excellent recommendations and they even helped with reservations and transportation. The location of the hotel is out of the way to the attractions you'll want to visit so be be prepared for a lot of cab rides. It was a great stay and the out of the way location was worth it for the service we received.

Room Tip: Don't bother with the upgrade for a balcony.
Kansas City, Missouri, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013

Although I am back home the truth is you can never really leave Buenos Aires. A rich and storied city full of new vibrancy and old character. A little rundown, yes, but its elegance shines through. My husband, sister and I just returned from a week in BA and stayed at the Fierro Hotel in Palermo Hollywood. I can honestly say, it was a perfect choice. The rooms are large, clean, beautifully appointed and even quiet! The staff is beyond helpful and friendly and made several calls and reservations for us. The area was perfect. It is outside the fray and noise but still centrally located to great restaurants, bars and the subway line. And it's an inexpensive cab ride to anywhere! The highlight of our stay was the Hernan Gipponi restaurant in the hotel. Not only did we have the most amazing breakfast every morning (included with our room) but received personal service from the chef. I cannot rave enough about the food. I am sure they have the best empanadas in the city. Our last night in BA we had the 5 course tasting menu with the wine pairing. It was our best meal in BA. Mille Grazie Hernan! Thank you Hotel Fierro and the staff for the lovely accommodations and even lovelier memories.

Santaigo, Chile
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2013

What a great little hotel! The rooms have great (and well maintained) interiors and everything works perfectly. The front desk staff was extremely helpful during our stay, doubling as a concierge making us reservations via email while we were out on the town. Quiet location as well that is easily walkable to Palermo Soho as well.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Sao Paulo, SP
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2013

Room: large and comfortable, it had a balcony facing the backyard, a sofa, a mini bar with a wide variety of wines and a Nespresso machine.
Bathroom: good, shower floor not so clean, with anti-dim mirrors.
Staff in the reception: very polite and friendly, made reservations for us in different restaurants and helped booking a private car to take us to the airport.
Staff at the breakfast (restaurant): blasé, didn't know what the juice was made of and ignored us when we said we didn't want yoghurt.
Breakfast: traditional intercontinental breakfast, with croissants, jam, orange juice and coffee. My only complaint is that both juice and coffee were brought to our table already served in the glass, when I think it is much more polite and charming if you bring it in a little jar or a coffeepot.
Location: great, a few blocks from parks and nice restaurants and shops.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
JulianGrano, Gerente at Fierro Hotel Buenos Aires, responded to this review, June 12, 2013
Dear Guest:

Thank you very much for sharing your comments.

We're sorry you found our breakfast server blasé, that's definitely not an attitude we appreciate!

As to serving coffee in a coffeepot, Nespresso machines aren't really well suited to that form of service.

We look forward to serving you soon again, this time without the yoghurt.

With best wishes,

Fierro Management
Santiago, Chile
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2013

A fabulous hotel with fantastic sized room, especially as we had our 9 year old son with us. Yes the hotel is taxi drive from 'The city centre', but I wouldn't want to stay in the centre of BA. The local restaurant and activity knowledge of the staff was wonderful, and so so happy to help and book activities and make reservations.. The breakfast was fabulous for the first 2 days, but became very repetitive after 3 days- and we stayed 6! The breakfast menu needs to have more choices than 'eggs'.A great choice for our family, and always felt safe in the area as a bonus.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Perth, australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2013

From the first impression to the last, this was a good hotel. The staff were great in English and Spanish. The room was huge and well appointed. The breakfast was great, but the same after a few days (which hotel isn't) so we went without and found other places instead.

The reception help us with tours, even at short notice, the waitstaff were very good, the degustation on Saturday was heavenly as were the wines.

Shops and restaurants were all close by but the city is a hike away and the underground is horrible. Not the hotels problem but the location forces you to use it. Think overcrowded cattle train an that is the way to the city

Room Tip: We were on the second floor facing the street, so a little noisy. BUT nothing compared to other SA c...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Fierro Hotel Buenos Aires? Share your experiences!