So, I was tossing up between this and Casa Calma but chose this hotel because of the location..and it was well worth it. It is located in Palermo Hollywood - alot of cool cafes in the area and you can walk to Palermo Soho within 20 mins where you will find even more cool cafes and boutiques. Walk 20 mins in the other direction and you will find yourself at Plaza Italia and the Zoo. Subway is a 10 min walk if that and some bus stops are relatively close but the bus system is kinda crazy so unless you have a porteno from BA explaining what to catch and from where, I wouldn't try to work it out! Keep in mind, that Palermo Hollywood is not near the main tourist attractions like the Casa Rosa, Majo Square etc...but for me, I loved the cool neighbourhood - kind of like Surry Hills in Sydney or a mini Soho in NY/London. Perfectly safe at night - alot of bars around so people on the streets.
1. Huge rooms - mine had a lounge and a king bed, small balcony with city view and massive bathroom - loved the rainshower.
2. Food - the restaurant downstairs is amazing. I had room service for dinner 2 nights out of 3 because it was so good! The breakfast is huge also - and delicious. The yoghurt and muesli and the apple, fennel & cucumber juice shot were favourites though.
3. Impeccable service and personal touches - it was my birthday during my stay and the 1st person to say happy birthday to me was my breakfast server!! They also sent up a choc mud cake with dulce leche and cream to my room during the day with a happy birthday note. So thoughtful! The people at reception were always helpful and able to help me find places. Seriously impressed.
4. The pool - I didn't try it out per se but I did go up and have a look and touch the water. It seemed lovely - if the weather was warmer, I would have had a dip. It is small though and really just for sitting by, not big enough to do laps.
1. Laundry - was expensive. I paid about $100 for 5-6 items such as underwear, jeans, tshirts and a sweater.
Still, would definitely go back and stay and would recommend to others.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, T4B, Booking.com, Tingo, Travelocity, Priceline, BookingOdigeoWL, Agoda, Venere and Jetsetter so you can book your Fierro Hotel Buenos Aires reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.