From my initial email exchanges with Martin, one of the "personal butlers," to having the car door opened for me as I left, I felt as though the staff at this hotel would go to any lengths to make my stay perfect.
I've rarely had such thoughtful and personalized service, certainly not in a larger chain hotel. While the facilities and location are excellent, it's the kindness and concern of the staff that I will remember.
With only ten suites, it's easy to remember someone's name. But it's harder to remember to ask specifically about your experience with the activities booked through the hotel. I think I was asked my opinion of everything they booked, planned, or suggested to me.
Security is excellent. It wouldn't be possible to stroll into the hotel without being noticed. I particularly liked that the elevator required a key card to open, and that the rooms are not numbered.
The room was quiet, beautiful, and spacious. I had no problems with exterior noise, despite being on the street side of the hotel. There is a cd player and an ipod dock, controlled through a master controller. Good WiFi. Power blackout blinds. Fantastic Frette linens, Hansgrohe showerhead, and fresh flowers everywhere. Daily english language paper hanging on the door knob in the morning. Lovely turn-down service. I can't think of anything that I looked for and did not find. (Okay, I did ask for electrical plug converters. But I had two delivered to my door in less than five minutes.)
We had breakfast, lunch, and dinner in the restaurant, Chez Nous. Recently voted 5 stars by a local newspaper. Apparently the only 5 star award in BA. All the meals were excellent, and the experience given that extra kick by the warm and fast response to any small request.
Generally, the experience is like staying in the home of a generous and very discreet friend. This hotel doesn't have the grand public spaces of the Park Hyatt or the Alvear Palace, but I prefer the small salon/bar/cafe atmosphere. It is on a beautiful street, with a nice mix of high-end & neighborhood dining and shopping nearby. Transportation was easy, and I felt completely safe.
A couple of things to note: the spa and roof terrace are not yet active. I think that once warm weather arrives they will be in use. They space certainly looked inviting. Also, there is no fitness facility. The lack of even a treadmill might be a deal breaker for some.
Two very small requests would be:
1. Please put a real reading lamp by the sofa in the suite.
2. Let me show you how to make a real hamburger. If you are going to use the word, and make it seem very American by including cheddar and bacon, you need to go all the way.
Would I return? In a heartbeat. And I'd be grateful for the opportunity.
- Also Known As:
- Algodon Mansion Hotel Buenos Aires
- Algodon Mansion Hotel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Algodon Mansion is an all-suite, luxury boutique hotel located in the Recoleta neighborhood of Buenos Aires, Argentina. This landmark 1912 building is fashioned in French Classical design and has been impeccably restored, yet re-imagined with inspired contemporary elegance and sophistication. Our suites are exceptionally spacious and offer superior comforts in amenities, including impeccable service, design and luxurious finishings. Suites overlook a shaded residential street, as well as an exquisite interior lightwell that features a cascading waterfall descending to the lobby. Our celebrated restaurant and wine bar offer delectable ambiance and cuisine, and on our rooftop, teak decks and loungers surround a swimmer's pool for summertime tanning with a petite bar for afternoon soirées. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Hotels.com and Tingo so you can book your Algodon Mansion reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.