“Excellent experience!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Teatro Ciego

Teatro Ciego
Zelaya 3006, Buenos Aires, Argentina (Balvanera)
+5411 63798596
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #16 of 301 attractions in Buenos Aires
Type: Dinner Theaters
More attraction details
Attraction Details
Owner description: The “Blind Theater” or “Theater in the darkness” is a new way of feeling what is real. By being immersed in a space without light, people are forced to perceive what is real by relying on their other, less exercised senses. This style of immersing people into complete pitch black darkness offers a more specific development of the sensual capabilities of each individual and encourages an open minded and empathetic response. The darkness excites the senses and works to destroy the preconceived notions of how we see things and replace it with them with how we imagine them. . This is not a theater of blind actors nor is it for the blind, but rather it is for everyone that is open to the development of human potential and social inclusion. In the Blind Theater we hope to erase the differences between people, apparent differences that are only perceived with sight. Our shows are presented in total darkness which permit people with visual handicaps to work in an environment where the use of sight doesn’t exist, nor does their disabilities.
Missouri, USA
28 attraction reviews
“Excellent experience!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2012

This was a very very interesting experience. I do speak spanish fairly well, but didn't understand everything, and went with my mother, who speaks none. I would imagine that you have to have enough spanish to make it through a meal to survive this, however its not necessary to be fluent to find the experience excellent. The show is in complete darkness and truly demonstrates what it would be like to be blind or visually impaired. I don't want to spoil the experience, as others have said because that is part of the journey, however, with sight gone, all of the other senses are used and the theatre work, music, sound effects, and other sensory aspects are certainly something that is to be experienced to understand. Worth every penny, and definately worth your time!! Note we saw "A ciegas con luz" which is a dinner theatre experience. I would go back and see other works, but think this would be a great introduction and likely good for non spanish speakers.

Visited November 2012

Mexico City, Mexico
10 attraction reviews
“You have to do it at least once!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2012

I am an actress, and it's a complete new experience. You will hear, smell and feel in a different way. It wasn't an awesome text, but the experience totally worths it. Some of the cast are blind, and it was inspiring to meet everybody. Great job and exiting! I really couldn't see anything at all! I saw "El silencio infinito"' I'm sure it will be fun for families with young kids to enjoy. The staff is very kind.

Visited October 2012
Lima, Peru
21 attraction reviews
“You can´t miss this!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

I can´t spoil the experience so I won´t describe it. But I just want to say that my husband and I LOVED it. This was something quite unique. Never heard of something similar before, what a great idea. We went to see La Isla Desierta and it was great! Everything is in Spanish so if you are not fluent it can be difficult to follow but anyway it would be cool. Would do it again for sure.

Visited August 2012
Tampa, Florida
“Fun”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2012

I don't speak Spanish but I "escucho con mi corazon" - listen with my heart. It was totally dark, I listened and made up my own story in my head about what I was hearing. The effects were neat - smells of cooking and laundry, a dog panting and clicking its nails, how did they make it sound like someone swimming across the room?! This was a very entertaining evening. One note, Buenos Aires is so big there is a Theater of the Blind and a Blind Theater so don't get confused and go to the wrong place like we did.

Visited July 2012
Buenos Aires
4 attraction reviews
“An experience everybody should go through”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2012

I went to see "La Isla Desierta". The experience is amazing, hard to describe.Your senses boost and the blind actors "take" you to places you could have never imagined. I totally recommend it.

Visited August 2011