“Lovely Boutique Hotel” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #48 of 436 Hotels in Buenos Aires
Dublin
“Lovely Boutique Hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2013

The welcome drink (mint,ginger and lemonade) was well appreciated as we were parched after the flight. The young reception staff were very helpful and friendly. They booked a tango show for us. The breakfast was good, a bit crowded at times though.
Hotel is in a quiet location, close to the underground.
The room was a nice size and the bed was very comfortable.
Only complaint is that the chambermaid dropped and broke my husbands Armani aftershave bottle. Those things happen, but during checkout the manager was arguing down the phone with reception staff that he'd been told that there wasn't much fragrance left in the bottle, so he wasn't agreeing to pay the full price for replacement. This was extremely scabby. It was purchased just weeks previously so was more than half full. He paid half the price in the end. Pity about this, it left a sour taste in our mouth when leaving. Not how you should treat guests in your hotel.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
JeremyMeinardi, Gerente at Be Hollywood!, responded to this review, February 12, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your kind feedback!

I am delighted that you enjoyed our features and the service at the Be Hollywood.

However, I apologize for the inconvenience with your aftershave. I'm at the Hotel since December 2012, so I would like to have a second chance to have you here as a guest.

Hope to hear from you soon.

Jeremías Meinardi.
Management.
Be Hollywood Hotel.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
San Francisco, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2013

I liked Be Hollywood a lot, but it had some issues. My room was good, clean, and very comfortable, but faced the street and was seriously loud on Saturday night. The bar across the street had hundreds of people partying in the street until I left for the airport at 4am. It was insane, but normal for BA. Sleeping pills and ear plugs won't even help...that loud!! Unfortunately, this is very common in BA and the hotel cannot really be blamed for it. Just know that it happens.

It was 90* and I tried to use the pool, only to find it was completely drained and empty. When I reported it to the manager, he seemed totally surprised. One of the reasons I chose this hotel was for the pool, so that was a serious disappointment.

The converter that I brought with me did not work in BA, and although all hotels usually have enough at the front desk, they were out. However, the women that worked at the front desk were so kind that they let me plug in my devices at the front desk and pick them up in the morning.

The front receptionists really went out of their way to be friendly and kind and provided many suggestions in the local area and were able to answer all of my questions. They gave awesome directions and maps and were delightful to work with. If they didn't know the answer immediately, they researched and got back to me. They called to make me reservations, called taxis, etc. I was impressed by their kindness, willing to help, and professionalism. They were quite good.

The Be Hollywood cafe, although a great idea and adorable, is a total disconnect. Every morning, I entered the cafe and was a bit jet-lagged, and/or hungover, or just tired. All I wanted was to be greeted and maybe offered some eggs...The women working in the cafe barely acknowledged me, never offered me eggs (although it comes with the room), and spent the entire time I was there each morning banging the clean silverware away in the dining room or loudly stacking the dishes. The rest of the breakfast spread was ok.

The location was perfect for me as it felt safe and was just about a 10 minute walk across the train tracks to the most well known part of Palermo. I loved the restaurants close to the hotel. If you don't want to have to walk to the main square from the hotel, you should stay closer to that area instead.

All in all, there are great aspects to this hotel, and I enjoyed my stay there, but there are a few things they need to work on to get a 4 or 5 stars.

Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
JeremyMeinardi, Gerente at Be Hollywood!, responded to this review, February 4, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write about the Be Hollywood in such a detailed way.

We really appreciate your honest opinion since it is a great help to improve the entire service.

Hope to have a second chance to have you here as a guest.

Greetings from the whole team.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2013 via mobile

The location was ideally located in the Palermo district with about a 15 to 20 minute walk to the subway, the restaurants and bars within the area were very appealing and were appropriately ranked very well. The hotel staff were very welcoming and accommodating with the Rooms very clean and the style and
Decor had a nice retro vibe to it. The sites from the rooftop pool were absolutely gorgeous. Only deficiencies were that the pool area was not huge and by afternoon filled up quickly and the breakfast options quickly decreased as the rush for the majority of guests to eat was around 9 am

• Stayed January 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your sharing your comments with the TripAdvisor community.

We really appreciate your opinion since it is of great help to improve our daily work. We always take the time to read every single review about us. Thanks!

We look forward to your next stay.

Best Regards.

Jeremías Meinardi.
Management.
Be Hollywood Hotel.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2013

The Be Hollywood Hotel was our last stop after a month travelling around South America. We were very happy with our room, it was light and spacious and well appointed. I slept on the sofa bed and that was very comfortable.

The staff were very helpful. They booked us in for an excellent tango show which was very authentic and when I had to book a flight at short notice, they were happy to book it over the phone for me - at 11.30pm! The breakfast was very nice, lots to choose from and they made me a very tasty omelette upon request.

I would happily recommend this hotel!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Guest,

First I'd like to thank you for your positive review of your experience in our hotel.

I particularly appreciate your feedback on the service since it seems to be a point of contention for many guests.

Thanks once again for your kind words, you're always welcome at the Be Hollywood.

All the best.

Grand Cayman
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2013

My boyfriend and I stayed at Be Hollywood December 23-25 during our two week stay in Argentina/Chile. Jeremy and Jorge (front desk staff) were thoughtful and helpful. They suggested dinner at a restaurant called Don Julio's (which is an amazing restaurant with great food and wonderful value) and arranged a reservation on December 23. On December 24 most restaurants are closed and Jeremy called around to inquire if we could get a reservation and when that could not be achieved due to restaurants being closed, he made suggestions in the local area where we could "walk-in".
The hotel is quaint and trendy. It could use some general maintenance but the location and these front desk staff can not be beat. We even had an issue getting a cab on December 25 due to most of the city being shut down and Jeremy called every cab company and in the end flagged a cab down for us.
Our room was a bit noisy due to a local bar and an all night party on December 24 due to locals being off work on Christmas day. We were located on the front side of the building and did not encounter the noise on December 23 - which was a Saturday night.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

A big THANK YOU for your kinds comments about the Be Hollywood and its team.

We're so pleased to hear that you had such a great stay. Your words cheered us all up!

Hope being your choice next time here.

Greetings from Buenos Aires!

New York City, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2013

The Be Hollywood's location honestly can't be beat. The staff is friendly, the rooms clean and the ammenities suffice. However, little details need some work. Our sliding glasss door's lock was broken, allowing a cunning thief the ability to access our room. We asked that it be fixed, but it never was. The toilet seat in our room was broken as well, and the water while warm, wasn't hot. The furniture in the pool area was also broken, and the pool mitself needed a cleaning.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the upper floors.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing the Be Hollywood. Sorry to hear that your stay wasn't completly up to standard.

We appreciate your feedback and we will take all your comments on board.

Thanks a lot for sharing your experience with TripAdvisor.

Best Regards.

Dublin, Ireland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013

We´ve just spent a great four days at Be Hollywood.

On arriving into Buenos Aires, we were told our bags were lost and the staff here at the hotel have been really helpful since, fielding calls from the airline and taking the delivery of the luggage as the bits and pieces arrived (we have it all now, phew!) As we´re travelling on now to Mendoza, the hotel even offered to keep the bags until we returned to BA. THey´ve been really super.

The hotel itself is set in Palermo Hollywood, uber trendy and cool. We arrived on the 30th Dec and as expected most of BA was shut down for New Year´s Eve and Day. Now the businesses are open again and the bars are packed most evenings.

Our room was spacious and spotlessly clean, bar a few scuff marks on the wall where suitcases have been wheeled passed it. Air con is a neccessity in this heat and ours worked perfectly. The decor throughout the hotel is very chic. Shower was fab, great water pressure and modern fittings, no bath.

There was a great selection at Breakfast. However, on our first morning we arrived down to the breakfast area at 10.30am (they serve until 11am which was super) and what greeted us was organised chaos. The room was full, we sat at the end of another couple´s table which we didn´t mind at all, but there was no cutlery or plates. When we asked the waiter (who was understandably up to his eyes with the full room where we could get them) he beckoned over to the empty space on the table top where they should have been. I ended up just eating a yoghurt and eating a croissant off a saucer.

ON SAYING THAT, we had absolutely no issues on subsequent mornings. We got our cooked breakfast, eggs cooked to your liking, which were delicious. It seemed like we walked in on a very, very busy morning and they were swamped.

The rooftop pool area is lovely, but go early if you want a sun bed! We went up around noon but all seven beds were occupied so we just sat on the sofas and read our books. It suited us as we´re not huge sun worshippers but it was clear the people up there were there for the day!

The weather is fantasic here at the moment so anywhere with an outdoor area, especially a pool, is a plus and worth paying for.

The bars and restaurants surrounding the hotel are great, brilliant atmosphere, delicious food - theres something for everyone.

Overall the staff were what made the stay at this hotel, they answered a hundred questions and were really helpful when it came to our bags. It was an added bonus that we were situated in such gorgeous surroundings.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

First of all, I would like to thank you so much for choosing to stay at the Be Hollywood during your time in Buenos Aires.

We really appreciate your delightful comments. Thanks!

We especially liked that you write about many details regarding the hotel itself.

You're very welcome to come back and stay here next time.

Thanks again from me and all the staff.

Be Hollywood Hotel

Been to Be Hollywood!? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Be Hollywood!

Address: Humboldt 1726, Buenos Aires 1414, Argentina
Location: Argentina > Capital Federal District > Buenos Aires
Bar / Lounge Business Center with Internet Access Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Kitchenette Restaurant Room Service Suites Swimming Pool Wheelchair access
#33 Luxury Hotel in Buenos Aires
#35 Business Hotel in Buenos Aires
#37 Romantic Hotel in Buenos Aires
#69 Family Hotel in Buenos Aires
Hotel Class:4 star — Be Hollywood! 4*
Be Hollywood is a different and refined boutique hotel which adds to the avant-garde style that suggests Palermo, where design and technology join a warm style of personalized attention, in an atmosphere of harmony and cordiality. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Booking.com, TravelClick, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, Despegar.com, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Be Hollywood! reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Be Hollywood! Hotel Buenos Aires

If you own or manage Be Hollywood!, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.