“Fantastic afternoon on the field” 4 of 5 stars

Type: Tours, Adventure
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Argentina is Polo, and just 45 minutes away from the city and managed by the owners, you will find Argentina Polo Day. A unique place, with more than 100 horses for all levels to learn and play polo yourself! This is the only attraction in Argentina providing a professional polo match to watch at 4 chukkers all year round! You will understand the rules, you will learn the techniques, you will get to know how polo horses are tamed. Our Polo Day is a complete day to experience polo in a professional, friendly and relaxed atmosphere. You will watch a live polo game any day, taste a genuine argentine BBQ with good argentine wine, and experience the incredible feeling of playing polo yourself! Not riding experience is required, Argentina Polo Day is polo for everyone, everyday of the year! Our Polo Resort offers 2 polo fields, swimming pool and fantastic views to enjoy the day. Company provides transportation from Buenos Aires and back. Join us and experience the best polo in the world!
Useful Information: Stroller parking, Activities for older children, Wheelchair access, Bathroom facilities, Activities for young children
London, United Kingdom
3 attraction reviews
“Fantastic afternoon on the field”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2013

Upon our arrival at the site, we were greeted by two friendly girls who worked at the club. Their native English (one from England, the other from Germany) and easy hospitality put us right at home. After finding us somewhere to leave our bags, they quickly had us sitting down in the sunshine enjoying cold beer and homecooked empanadas - perfect after the hustle and bustle of the Buenos Aires streets! After a quick explanation of the rules, we headed over to the pitch to watch out first polo match. After a few more glasses and some more empanadas, we enjoyed a few basic lessons in 'horseless polo' in between rounds, and then after the match (thrilling in itself) we got up on the horses and had a go at hitting the ball and riding around, all under the careful supervision of the club members. The beautiful weather helped, but all in all this was a stunning afternoon, and a great break from the city. Highly recommended!

Visited March 2013

“Awesome day best thing I have done on holiday so far!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2013 via mobile

I was lucky enough to do a half day on my own. The girls Alex and Steph were really friendly and I got a great horse and personal service and training to give it a go. Empanadas were yum and after the game it was a very nice place to chill out and have a beer definitely recommend polo day!

London, United Kingdom
3 attraction reviews
“Best thing I did in BA”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013 via mobile

Argentina Polo Day was the highlight of my trip to BA! At first I was a bit sceptical because although I have ridden horses all my life and watched polo I had never played it so wasnt sure whether I would a) be able to actually get involved and have a go - expected to watch from the sidelines b) the price would be worth it as it is not cheap. However, I loved every minute I was there. The owner and his staff were so welcoming, the place was beautiful and relaxing, the BBQ and wine was delish (and lots of it!), the horses were phenomenally trained, and within a few hours I had not only learned lots about the sport but also was playing a game and practicing my technique with a lovely gentleman could Philipe - one of the members of the club who was so helpful. I didn't want the day to end and actually the staff were happy for us to stay as long as we wanted, into the early eve actually, just lounging by pool and chilling out. When
I broke down the cost, the standard of the offering they provide is exceptional and worth every penny. Highly recommend giving this a go!

Broadbeach, Australia
14 attraction reviews
“Bueno!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013

5 star day with great people & great horses. Only pity there is not a 6* rating cause I would've have given it. Words cannot do justice how how much of a complete all round great day from pick up to drop off...thank you.

Hobart, Australia
“A great way to spend a day”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013

I rang Celia at the very last moment and amazingly she had everything organised for our party of 5 with a car at our hotel door within 30 minutes.
From the moment we stepped in the car the fun began with a video introducing us to the finer points of polo. On arrival we were greeted by Steph Alex and Ruben and feasted on the best empanadas and local beer. After with beer in hand we settled down to watch our first polo match with Steph and Alex explaining the finer points.
After the game,many photos and more drinks we were driven back to our hotel. We all agreed it had been a superb day.