“Just do it!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Caballos A La Par

Caballos A La Par
Lima 549 - 20 "E", Buenos Aires C1073AAK, Argentina (Montserrat)
+54 9 11 5248-3592
Website
Improve this listing
Certificate of Excellence 2014
More attraction details
Owner description: Just 30 minutes away from Buenos Aires city, you can enjoy yourself horseback riding, learning and having fun. At unique and amazing Forest Reserve, you can be in touch with nature riding throughout thousands of acres of a paradisiacal landscape. All our activities and services are 100% EXCLUSIVE, PERSONALIZED AND TAILOR-MADE. Caballos A La Par is a Horseback Riding Stables and an Equestrian Training Centre whose main objective is to help you develop your riding skills and confidence (regardless of level from absolute beginners to the more proficient/advanced). Only the owners (who are also the instructors) will ride free "side by side" (means in spanish "A La Par") alone with you, your family or your group of friends. We don't ride on trails and the horses don't follow each other !!!. Our place also have a nice swimming pool and jacuzzi. We invite you to share this exciting adventure with Caballos "A La Par", a Different, Unique and Rewarding Experience. Caballos A La Par provides transportation from Buenos Aires and back and is open everyday of the week.
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities, Activities for older children
Cairns Region, Australia
“Just do it!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2013

Just do it!
If you like anything to do with horses you will love this. ( or just after something different.!
It is totally unique.
It was fully personalised to my needs.
I had the most incredibly amazing experience!
I couldn't have asked for better. What my dreams are made of. Like WOW :-)

After being picked up ( and then returned at the end of the day) by Tito,
I was greeted by very warm welcome by Adrian on arrival with a morning tea. No rush right into. Adrian takes the time to find out what you want out of your day, what your expectations are and to just get to know something of you.
I just wanted to learn how to ride and have a fun day. That it was and so much more.
There are several horses, Sooo well cared for and loved. You can see the passion Adrian has for his horses with the care taken with them and the surrounds. I had the pleasure to ride both Isabel and Indio. Such beautiful well tempered gentle horses. I couldn't have asked for better horses to learn with.... and Adrian an extremely knowledgeable teacher. Perfecto!
I learnt to saddle, to then walk, trott and what seemed like no time I was cantering! Like OMG. ( I'm sure with a bit more practice I will be galloping in no time! Lol)
The forest was SOOO beautiful to ride through.... Very special.
It was exhilarating.... Freeing.... filled me with loads of feel good stuff.
It is an experience I will carry with me always. Like I say, just do it. If you have half the experience I did, you will have a super fantastic enjoyable day.... And then some :-)
Thank you to Adrian, Indio and Isabel and Tito ;-)

Buenos Aires, Argentina
“do you want a unique experience?”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2013

At only half an hour of Buenos Aires you have the impression of arriving in a piece of paradise; Hosted by Miriam and Adrien the ranch makes you feel like coming home. While the beautiful horses give you a sense of confidence, you go for a ride in the woods around the ranch like you have been riding your whole live through....so if you are an experienced rider or not this is the place where you can touch "el campo Argentino". Oh and by the way: if you come back and feel tired and sweaty, you jump in the pool, while you enjoy a "mate" or fresh drinks. Like I said before: it feels like a piece of paradise.

Visited September 2013
“A truly memorable experience - An absolute must!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2013

This was an amazing experience and biggest highlight of our trip to Buenos Aires.

Upon arriving to the ranch, we were warmly greeted by Adrian and Miriam, who welcomed us, by inviting us to join in the Argentinian tradition of Mate drinking which we had been really keen to try whilst in Argentina. We also enjoyed delicious traditional cakes and finger food.

We were provided with half a day of private tutoring and went from never having ridden a horse to being able to confidently control, trot, and canter without hands!

Adrian and Miriam are very warm and welcoming. Adrian is a wonderful tutor, very supportive and focused on helping you progress. His passion for the horses is evident from when you first meet him, and this comes through in every interaction.

The horses have amazing temperament and are a pleasure to spend time with and the landscape - simply spectacular.

My wife and I would highly recommend this; a truly memorable experience.

Adrian and Miriam, we wish you all the best for the future. If we were living in Buenos Aires, we would definitely be a regular for ongoing lessons/rides.

Miami, Florida
6 attraction reviews
“BEST DAY SPENT IN BUENOS AIRES!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2013

From the moment Adrian called out our name at our scheduled meeting place, we knew this was going to be a great day! His enthusiasm is contagious and his love of horses is evident even before we arrived at his ranch where it is all about the horses. During the 30 minute ride to the ranch, Adrian is already "feeling you out" as far as your knowledge and abilities involving horses and is setting you at ease regarding the horse you will be riding. I had grown up with my own horses but my husband is your typical "trail rider" where every horse follows the other no matter what you do. None of THAT at Caballos A La Par! I knew he was a bit nervous and had reminded me that we were in Buenos Aires celebrating our 30th anniversary and would like to celebrate a few more. Adrian was amazing at making him comfortable even before we arrived.

Upon our arrival, we were met by Miriam, Adrian's partner in this amazing venture, a soft spoken, beautiful lady from Holland. The property is impeccable, the horses out in their own individual pastures. We were given a tour of the stables that anyone would want to live in and of course, the two friendly black labradors followed. We then were invited to share in the mate and biscuits and once again, Adrian was doing his "work" sizing us up to know which horses to pair us with. He had decided on Isabel for my husband which is a spirited but very gentle pinto mare and I got my choice of Bandido, a Quarter Horse and Lindo, a Criollo gelding. Adrian started off with a quick demonstration on appropriate techniques and then got my husband on Isabel and quickly set him at ease. I started my day on Lindo and midway, Adrian and I switched horses and I finished the day on Bandido who was a dream of a horse!

We rode through vast areas of trees and parks, getting to ride at our pace with instruction from Adrian whenever needed. Very soon into our ride, my husband was trotting and cantering with the greatest of ease all because Adrian KNOWS how to teach and build confidence and reduce your fears. He has several drills that really work and once you perfect them, you truly feel comfortable in your abilities. Let's not forget that these horses are so well cared for and so well trained (not in the method of head to butt trail riding) that they actually listen to your commands as a rider. That is almost unheard of with horses that are used with so many different riders and their abilities. Throughout the whole trip, Adrian is taking photos and videos so don't forget your camera or smart phone! After almost three hours of riding, sadly we had to return to the ranch.

After unsaddling the horses and watching them roll around, we got to go inside and enjoy our choice of hot chocolate, coffee and drinks and I must say, THE BEST PASTRIES I've ever had. We enjoyed about an hour of wonderful conversation and really felt like we were visiting with family. Adrian is so warm and outgoing and such a pleasure to have spent the day with. It is so obvious that this is not just their job but their passion. Unfortunately, Miriam had a prior commitment so we were not able to spend as much time with her but those who are lucky enough to do so will surely appreciate her.

Sadly, our day had to end and we were driven back to Buenos Aires but with such great memories of Adrian and the horses that will last a lifetime. I got the best benefit of all and now have a husband who actually enjoys riding for the first time in thirty years!

London, United Kingdom
“Great experience all around”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2013

We spent a week in Buenos Aires and were looking for something to do outside the city (and I had been wanting to go horse riding for a long time...) - this was the perfect choice!

It was a well-organised, friendly, professional and very welcoming experience that I can recommend to everybody.

Organising this day was really simple, since Miriam responded to my emails promptly and we discussed various options. Already when Adrian picked us up in the city he made us feel really at ease and very comfortable and excited. Arriving on the estate this was reinforced through the warm welcome, the mate we shared, the relaxed atmosphere and the way Miriam and Adrian really make you feel that they enjoy spending this day with you.

The riding experience itself was amazing - the perfect mix of being professional and relaxed. They explained everything very well (we are both complete beginners), and then we went on this amazing ride with Miriam. The feeling of riding through the beautiful countryside while at the same time improving our riding and the relationship with the horse was incredible. We felt very well looked after and the hours spent on the horse were really exciting.

Back at the farm we enjoyed an amazing hot chocolate and a lovely long chat, really feeling very welcome and w we could have easily spent a few more days with them... We spoke a lot about the horses, which are very well looked after, but also about Buenos Aires and Argentina more generally!

I can whole-heartedly recommend this to anyone looking for a day away from the city and for a great riding experience.

Visited September 2013