“Great experience all around” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 242 activities in Buenos Aires
Type: Tours
More attraction details
Attraction Details
Owner description: Just 30 minutes away from Buenos Aires city, you can enjoy yourself horseback riding, learning and having fun. At unique and amazing Forest Reserve, you can be in touch with nature riding throughout thousands of acres of a paradisiacal landscape. All our activities and services are 100% EXCLUSIVE, PERSONALIZED AND TAILOR-MADE. Caballos A La Par is a Horseback Riding Stables and an Equestrian Training Centre whose main objective is to help you develop your riding skills and confidence (regardless of level from absolute beginners to the more proficient/advanced). Only the owners (who are also the instructors) will ride free "side by side" (means in spanish "A La Par") alone with you, your family or your group of friends. We don't ride on trails and the horses don't follow each other !!!. We invite you to share this exciting adventure with Caballos “A La Par”, a Different, Unique and Rewarding Experience. Caballos A La Par provides transportation from Buenos Aires and back and is open everyday of the week. We will be waiting for your visit !!!
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities, Activities for older children
London, United Kingdom
“Great experience all around”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2013

We spent a week in Buenos Aires and were looking for something to do outside the city (and I had been wanting to go horse riding for a long time...) - this was the perfect choice!

It was a well-organised, friendly, professional and very welcoming experience that I can recommend to everybody.

Organising this day was really simple, since Miriam responded to my emails promptly and we discussed various options. Already when Adrian picked us up in the city he made us feel really at ease and very comfortable and excited. Arriving on the estate this was reinforced through the warm welcome, the mate we shared, the relaxed atmosphere and the way Miriam and Adrian really make you feel that they enjoy spending this day with you.

The riding experience itself was amazing - the perfect mix of being professional and relaxed. They explained everything very well (we are both complete beginners), and then we went on this amazing ride with Miriam. The feeling of riding through the beautiful countryside while at the same time improving our riding and the relationship with the horse was incredible. We felt very well looked after and the hours spent on the horse were really exciting.

Back at the farm we enjoyed an amazing hot chocolate and a lovely long chat, really feeling very welcome and w we could have easily spent a few more days with them... We spoke a lot about the horses, which are very well looked after, but also about Buenos Aires and Argentina more generally!

I can whole-heartedly recommend this to anyone looking for a day away from the city and for a great riding experience.

London, United Kingdom
“Amazing experience - exceeded my hopes!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2013

My husband and I planned our honeymoon to Argentina and I really wanted horse riding to be an experience to share and fond memory for both of us. I have grown up with horses but my husband had only been on a pony once as a child. I was concerned that we would not both be able to ride out together and enjoy it due to our huge difference in ability. I did a little online research and came across Caballos A La Par. I was encouraged by the feedback left by others and the description on their website of the experience they hope to provide for you. I contacted Caballos A La Par and Miriam responded promptly, assuring me that they were able to provide an experience that would be enjoyable for us both. This was fantastic to hear although I didn't know quite how they were going to achieve it! Miriam also confirmed that we would be able to go out independently and would not be part of a group, which I was really excited about. Once we arrived I was immediately impressed and reassured by Adrian and Miriam's approach. The initial tuition before we headed out made it all seem so simple! However, this wasn't just due to Adrian's excellent ability as a horseman himself. The horses are wonderful. Such intelligent, gentle animals. They are so wonderfully trained and cared for that they make it possible for you to achieve so much in so little time. My husband took to Adrian's tuition extremely well and I was genuinely stunned when he was trotting and confidently controlling the pace of a canter in a few hours! I am so grateful for the fantastic video footage of us cantering side by side (a la par!) that Adrian got for us.
You really are able to experience riding across open land and have absolute confidence in your instructor and horse. Unlike so many riding schools, you really feel like you're out with friends on horses you've known for years and the horses all respond independently to your instruction. There is no hint of follow the leader amongst them and in my opinion the riding style is the best of both worlds! A combination of UK and western, so very comfortable and manageable. The whole experience was so perfectly tailored to us and beyond my expectations. I haven't stopped telling family, friends and colleagues about it.

From our collection to our departure we both had the most amazing time, words can not even describe the wonderful experience we both had. Adrian and Miriam are very warm, hospitable people and the location is fabulous. We absolutely loved every moment and I can't recommend it highly enough.

Salt Cay
“Spectacular!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2013

We own a tourist business in the Turks and Caicos Islands. We are a hard customer to impress and would say Adrian and miriam were two of the best hosts we have ever had. First you are picked up and taken to a gorgeous ranch. The horses are in excellent condition as is the equipment. My partner had never riden before and by the time we finished, he was galloping through the endless fields of open space. No walk follow the horse trail. This is serious open riding with an excellent instructor who insures your safety and such a fun tim. This was the best tour of our entire month Argentina trip. I had not ridden in 20 years and learned more in 2 hours than in all the previous years of riding.Not only do you receive excellent instruction but are treated like family learning about traditional Argentina drink and then upon return, Real hot chocolate and pastries to die for. This is clearly an adventure not to miss. I cannot say enough wonderful things about this experience This .

Buenos Aires, Distrito Federal, Argentina
“The best experience!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2013

When you decide to go horseback riding at Ardian's ranch you really have now idea the experience that you are in for!! The first time I went it was at the recomendation of my friend Kirsteen and we arrived and had mate for the first time (which i had not tried yet since living in Argentina). The atmosphere is wonderful! the owner of the ranch Adrian instantly treats you like you are a long lost friend and welcomes you into the ranch and gets to know you before even taking you out to ride so from the begining there is a personal connection established so this makes it fell more like visiting your friend that happends to have a horse ranch. Once the mate was finished we went out to his beautiful horses which were already staged and ready to go. before even letting you on he makes sure you are confortable and asks you your skill level and then your off. while riding its not like those other turisty horseback riding "adventures" that you over paid for just to ride in a line and the horse wont deviate from what it sees the guide do. Adrian takes you to a field well many fields as you ride through the beautiful park that sorrounds his ranch while you are riding if you have little to no riding skills not to worry! Adrian will not leav your side until you are comfortable and confidant and then he lets you go off and do what he just showed you how to do! i have been riding off and on all my life and he gave me a few pointer and i was off. he really lets you do your own thing keeping vigilant of course and if he thinks you will do somthing unsafe then he will say something. but he rides with the group conversating and interacting all the way. the ride is probably the better part of 3-4 hours i loose track of time because riding with Adrian on his horses you forget the rest of the world and you just get lost in the moment. after a wonderful ride we returned to the ranch and had pastries and hot chocolate and then we return to the city. Adrian also offers personal rideing lessons which i am defiantely going to take him up on!

Visited August 2013
New York City, New York
“Good times with New Friends- Highly Recommend!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2013

Anusha??!! said Adrian's booming and friendly voice when we met at the rendezvous point in the city. From that moment on, the energy between all of us was that of old friends meeting after a long time. We became fast friends during the 45 minute drive to the ranch which is located in a beautiful national forest.
At the ranch we were greeted at the gate by Miriam, Adrian's inspiring business partner and Indio,the gorgeous & graceful steed. Over the next hour we got a tour of the ranch, learnt about Miriam's journey and soaked in their hospitality over maté!

As we got into horse-riding gear, Adrian reminded us that we should be ready to put in some hard work over the next couple of hours and that it would make the entire experience all the more memorable. Soon, after some preliminary instructions, we were sitting gingerly on top of Indio and Isabel (Isa), a couple of very well trained, patient horses. For the next 2 hours, we trotted, we galloped and we cantored all while managing to stay on the horse..hallelujah!!! A big victory for us first timers. At the end of it, we felt like gauchos who had been riding horses since they were 5. The whole time, Adrian rode alongside us, sincerely encouraging and completely invested in creating a fun filled memory. The multi-talented Adrian was also our personal photographer.
After the ride, we soon learnt that Isa was an impatient lover of carrots, a snack that we fed the horses as a reward.

The day winded down over sweet treats and Miriam's world famous hot chocolate. Miriam drove our tired bones and happy souls back to the city during which there was more laughter. Everything about the day felt right and we were excited to have lived this day.

At the end of our experience, my wife was convinced that we should name one of our kids Indio and move to Buenos Aires (Help Me). We left with promises of meeting again in Buenos Aires, New York and India!

To everyone out there: if there is one thing you are looking to do, consider spending time at Caballos with the team - it will be the highlight of your trip.