“Super” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #21 of 243 Buenos Aires B&B and Inns
Cork, Ireland
“Super”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2012

We stayed here for 4 nights and were so impressed. The rooms are lovely and very true to the pictures - really liked the high ceilings and grand balconies looking out at the tree lined street. The location was perfect - so central. Palmero is the hub of all eateries and nightlife. And as mentioned by other reviewers La Cabrera steakhouse is on the below level - this was very convenient in popping down to make a reservation before we got ready for our night out. Also the wifi from our rooms continued to work in the steakhouse below - nice perk!! We had no issues with noise levels at all and we slept with the balcony door slightly open some nights.

The breakfast at the suites is simple but plentiful - juice/breads/pastries/tea/coffee and the best blackberry jam!Yum!

The best thing about staying here is Priscilas hospitality - she really did make our stay in BA. We relied on her recommendations for restaurants and tango halls etc and we loved every single thing suggested. The Malbec wine she recommended in La Dorita restaurant was the best wine of our entire trip! We wanted to go to Colonia on a daytrip by Ferry but we had difficulty trying to navigate the site in Spanish to book- Priscila was so kind and organised it all for us. Being big rugby fans we were keen to see the All Blacks vs Puma game but tickets were sold out, and we werent keen on having to source them online and collect from areas we didnt know. Priscila arranged tickets/payment/transfers etc. All airport transfers etc were also taken care of - Basically she could not have been more kind or helpful which really added to our trip - Priscilla thank you so much, we just had the best time! If we ever venture back to BA we know where to go!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

95 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2012

The rooms here were good, but minimalist and loft design makes it feel a bit colder. The location was perfect – upstairs from the most popular steak house, La Cabrera, and on Thames, quite a nice street. We enjoyed going to a taco place (La Fabrica del Tacos) one block away, which is usually open when other restaurants are closed. The breakfast consists of some basic baked goods and coffee.

Pros:
• Really nice host
• Location!
• Beds were comfortable
• Good shower pressure
Cons:
• Wifi was a bit spotty although worked for the most part
• Rooms are a bit small compared to other places we’ve stayed
• Could get a bit noisy outside at night

Overall, it was a good place for your money and we would recommend staying here.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Denver, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2012

I can't say enough about Javier and Priscila's hospitality and Ester's services. I stayed there 2 times during my recent trip around Argentina. Norberto picked me up at the airport and gave me lots of very useful info before dropping me off. From the moment I went up the stairs, I felt like I was at home. Not only was the location great - 2 bocks from Plaza Serrano and 10 blocks from Plaza Italia (can take #55 bus if you don't want to walk that far) - but Ester was always on top of things with breakfast and impecable housekeeping. Javier and Priscila went way beyond the call of duty not to offer information and help with bookings, but as busy as they were, they kept a lookout for an important overnight delivery I was expecting. I will definitely stay there again when i return to Buenos Aires..

• Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
Maui
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2012

I stayed at 06 Soho Stes on an off throughout the month of February 2012. By the end of the month I wanted to move in and never go home!
In addition to being in a grand old building in a lovely, safe part of town, the owners and staff were extraordinary. Always pleasant and helpful. Could help me translate, plan my day and store luggage. Fabulous restaurants and markets in walking distance. Shady tree-lined streets.
Rooms were so nice. High ceilings, balconies and crisp white sheets in all of them. They were even making improvements (TV upgrades, etc.) as I was leaving.
My friends who live in Arg. came to visit and said I found a gem. They said the price was amazing, too. You will be very happy here.

Room Tip: I stayed in all of them throughout the month and was happy with each one.
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled solo
Belfast, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2012

We loved our stay here for a week in January 2012. It's a great location, Palermo Soho was my favourite area of Buenos Aires, lots ot lovely cafes/restaurants and great for shopping.Priscilla is a great host, she was so welcoming and made sure we had everything we needed. She even got on the phone to book us flights to Iguaza Falls. Breakfast is good and the rooms are spotlessly clean. Airport transfers can be arranged and this is great, takes the stress out of travelling. I would definitely recommend staying here.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
santiago
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2012

Stayed here for 6 nights in January of 2012. Transportation from the airport was great - and Javier and Priscilla were very welcoming and helpful throughout my stay. Rooms are a decent size with tall ceilings, balconies, cable tv, and air conditioning. Good amenities, but the white walls and minimalist design = very little character. Location is Perfect. Overall, a great experience and I would definitely recommend it, and stay here myself again.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled solo
Rotterdam, The Netherlands
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2012 via mobile

We stayed at 06 soho suites for 5 nights at the start of our Argentina round trip and 2 nights at the end. Really felt like coming home. Palermo is definitely the best neighbourhood to stay and 06 soho suites is perfectly located and very close to La Cabrera, the restaurant with the best lomo we had in Argentina. Priscilla is a perfect host.
We look back at a great stay.
Monica y Sasja, Ollanda

• Stayed November 2011

Been to 06 Soho Suites? Share your experiences!