“an oasis in Buenos Aires” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Casa Calma Hotel

You added Casa Calma Hotel to your Saves list
Casa Calma Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Suipacha 1015, Buenos Aires 1008, Argentina (El Centro)   |
Special Rate
20% OFF USD CASH
Ranked #3 of 436 Hotels in Buenos Aires
Buenos Aires, Argentina
“an oasis in Buenos Aires”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2010

My husband and I live in Buenos Aires. For our last anniversary, we decided that we would spend a weekend as tourists in our own city, and we chose CasaCalma.
I can only say that we couldn't have chosen a better place to spend a wonderful weekend!!! To begin with, the hotel is strategically located near major tourist attractions (such as theaters, the best restaurants, Puerto Madero, Florida street, etc)
The hotel itself is a hidden gem, you practically forget you're in the city center as soon as you cross the front door; the "vertical garden" and the quiet music transport you to a totally different place.
The room was huge, it had an amazing hot tub and even a sauna!! The bed was so comfortable and we slept sooo nicely that the first thing I did when I got back home was change ours!.
CasaCalma is definitely the place I would recommend to anyone visiting Buenos Aires!

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (80)
Buenos Aires
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2010

I stayed with my Wife for 3 days at this Friendly, Charmy, Nice hotel.- It has a Perfect Location, Lovely Service, everyone in the Staff is after you, trying to serve you, and to make you feel like you are at your Home.-
You have to see how rooms are, plenty of Spàce and very , very neat decorated.-
I really suggested this place to have a wonderfull stay as I did!!!!

• Stayed February 2010, traveled on business
Edinburgh, Scotland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2010

My wife and I stayed here for our first 2 nights in Buenos Aires after reading TA reviews and finding a great price online.

The rooms are massive (Wellness Premium), fresh, clean and nicely set out. The addition of the Jacuzzi and sauna were a nice touch, as was the fresh jug of juice each day.

Location wise Casa Calma is "Downtown Buenos Aires" and we found it perfect for walking up to San Telmo (superb Sunday market), down to the harbour area, Puerto Madero and over to Recoleta to stroll in the parks and cemetery.

That said, the street where Casa Calma is located, Suipacha, is narrow and exceptionally busy.... which does unfortunately make it very loud when trying to sleep, likewise when you step out the front door..... it's far from "relaxing". (Maybe the rooms at the back of the hotel are quieter).

We enjoyed our stay here but decided to stay elsewhere after returning to BA at the end of our trip.

Staff were nice and the breakfast was good. If you need to be in the Suipacha area then it's a good hotel but pack your earplugs, there are over 13m people in BA.... and a fair few of them commute down Suipacha!!

• Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple
San Francisco
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2010

When our taxi stopped in front of CasaCalma my wife and I said to the taxi driver...'you are at the wrong address'. The street this hotel is on is so crowded and polluted that a hotel reputed to be health oriented could not be on this street.
The staff were young and poorly trained.
The breakfast shrank each day, the room though spacious, as my wife said, was decorated for the pleasure of the owner and not the guests. The chair next to the bed was so uncomfortable it was torture to sit in it for any length of time.
Most of the services and accommodations were not genuine, comfortable or fit the original description.
On the return to Buenos Aires we stayed in another hotel that was half the price and perfect for everything.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple
CasaCalmaWellness, Manager at Casa Calma Hotel, responded to this review, April 27, 2010
I am manger for CasaCalma Wellness Hotel, I would like to let you know that it would have been great if you would let us know your comments the date that happened and no 6 moths later. That way I am sure, we would have solved them in time. And hopefully, your experience would have been better.
CasaCalma is located in downtown, usually in big citys as Buenos Aires, downtown its a crowded place. That’s why we have in all windows double glaze that does the most hermetic environments. Also our building is wrapped with plants that act like filters and contribute to the thermal balance, collaborating with the saving of energy and the sonorous pollution.
Regarding breakfast, all products are homemade and organic, we try to change small details and some products every day, so guests that stay for many nights are not obligated to eat the same food every day. I am sorry you did not like it, if you would as let us know what were your breakfast preferences, we would have been happy to prepare them specially for you.
Regarding the room and its decoration, people have different tastes, so you can like it or not. The owners of the hotel, are people who travel a lot and stayed at very good hotels around the globe. They took everything they liked and tried to give a nice experience to their guests at CasaCalma. I am truly sorry you did not like it.
As you can see in most of the other comments, the thing people like most of the hotel is the STAFF, the decoration of the rooms and the fact that we are an eco-friendly hotel
London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2010 via mobile

I have been to Buenos Aires many times and always make a point of staying somewhere different. There is a good choice of quality boutique hotels in the city these days. Without a doubt, Casa Calma is top of my list. Everything about it was fantastic. The staff are brilliant, so friendly, which you don't always get in BsAs. They even helped arrange for me to take mý pregnant wife to hospital when she had a bit of a scare on a Saturday night. The beds re so comfy I didn't want to ever get up. The rooms are really lovely and the little touches and attention to detail are befitting of a far more expensive hotel. Location is great if you want to be central and although I prefer Palermo as an area, I will in future stay at Casa Calma and get a taxi.

Wonderful place and I can't thank the staff enough for everything they did for us.

• Stayed October 2009
Atlanta
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2010

My husband and I stayed there for a few nights and LOVED it. At first we were a little skeptical because it is right in the heart of the bustling downtown area. He is a light sleeper and was afraid he would be up all night with the traffic. I don't know what kind of fantastic windows they have but you couldn't even hear someone honking a horn outside from the lobby. Our room on the 9th floor was completely silent, immaculate, and large. The bed was SO comfortable too. They have free internet downstairs and the front desk goes out of the way to help you have the best stay imaginable. It was raining on the day we left and the front desk person was outside in the pouring rain holding an umbrella over my husband's head! Plus, It is so centrally located, that you can walk to the train station, subway, the port, the best shopping, and ALL of the major sights like Recoleta, Plaza de Mayo, etc. We only took two taxi rides the whole time we were there. It was literally the perfect stay.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled as a couple
lucborgess
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2010

It was awesome!!
The hotel is perfect, very clean, organized and very beautiful.
The staff are helpful and friendly.

Before coming to the hotel I asked the staff to make some changes to my room (add some candles, flowers, rose petals..) and a lot of other things to make a perfect moment to propose my girlfriend.. they did it all and in a very beautiful way!!

For sure I will come back and I highly recommend it

• Stayed March 2010, traveled as a couple

Been to Casa Calma Hotel? Share your experiences!