“great staff” 5 of 5 stars
Review of CasaSur Art Hotel

You added CasaSur Art Hotel to your Saves list
CasaSur Art Hotel
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   Callao Avenue 1823, Recoleta | Recoleta, Buenos Aires C1024AAE, Argentina (Recoleta)   |
Ranked #35 of 441 Hotels in Buenos Aires
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Miamisburg, Ohio
“great staff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2014

Very nice location. All the staff was super. The front desk people made all kinds of arrangements for us,the house keeper took good care extra pillows ect ,the door men always had a cab handy,the
bar man made scratch ice tea for my wife.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
Guest R, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at CasaSur Art Hotel, responded to this review, August 12, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for such a detailed review and its wonderful to hear that we were able to create a memorable experience for you.

We are delighted that you enjoyed the location, our services and facilities. I'll make sure to pass on your kind note to the entire team especially the fornt desk, the doorman and the barman.

We would like to thank you for staying with us and look forward to welcome you back in the not so distant future.

Kind regards,

Guest Relations

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (62)
East Hampton, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2014 via mobile

This was our honeymoon and we could not have been happier. The hotel is modern, clean and beautiful. The staff were truly amazing and helpful. The location is a very nice neighborhood, walkable to many sites and restaurants. Breakfasts were a highlight with a nice assortment of items. We will definitely go back.

Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest

Thank you for sharing the experience of your stay with us during your recent visit to BA. I was glad to read such a wonderful review on TripAdvisor. Its very nice to hear that you enjoyed the general aspects of our hotel.

Congratulation again on your honeymoon and thank you for choosing CasaSur Art Hotel!

We look forward to have you back with us again.

Warm regards,

Singapore, Singapore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2014

Rooms are comfortable and spacious. Main thing about this hotel is how great all the staff at Casa Sur Art hotel are. All staff were friendly and helpful but the reception staff were all amazing.. Very helpful with any and all questions. More then willing to assit with flight change requests, show bookings and Restuarant reservations. If you are in Buenos Aries for the first time I strongly recommend this hotel as the staff will ensure you only need to worry about enjoying the city.

Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
Guest R, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at CasaSur Art Hotel, responded to this review, July 15, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review on the site for us following your recent stay with us and I am delighted that you thought that it is the best hotel that everybody should stayed in during a first trip to BA. I am pleased that you liked the location and most of all the friendliness and attentiveness of our staff.

I do hope we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back on a future visit and please do not hesitate to contact us if we can be of assistance at any time.

Warm regards,

Washington DC, District of Columbia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2014

CasaSur Art Hotel is located in a great area and employs a great staff. The guys at the front desk, the wait staff in the breakfast area and the bellmen are all exceptional employees. The hotel itself could be better in terms of cleanliness and food selection. My room was on the second floor facing the street and the noise level and the rock hard bed prevented me from sleeping during my 4 night stay. Then there was the constant banging noise that seemed to come from the building next door. Housekeeping is terrible. My room never felt or looked clean. The bathroom floors were visibly dirty with bits of trash and hair on the floor when I checked in and although I cleaned the floor, the daily cleaning of the room was shabby. Outside of the bed being made you might wonder if housekeeping had ever entered your room. On two occasions I had to call down for soap. As mentioned in other reviews, the internet connection is poor. Lastly, to say that they have a concierge is a joke. I kept trying to plan my activities prior to my arrival and Veronica’s response was always "it is better to schedule this when you arrive." When I arrived I saw her on the first day (very briefly) and on the day that I checked out day so our communication was via email. She lacked the knowledge required to use your interests and make good recommendations for things such as restaurants, activities and excursions so, I was pretty much on my own. I have to say this is probably the area that most frustrates me because I wasted time trying to plan my days using hit or miss internet connectivity. Finally, the breakfast review. Ugh, the spread consisted of the same sweet pastries/mini cakes, cheese, ham, yogurt, cereal and bread. Eggs were made on requests. The tiny knat-like bugs flying around and the crumbs on the table made for a very unappealing dining option. This hotel has the potential to be amazing if the General Manager updates the breakfast choices, ensures that the rooms are properly cleaned, upgraded the mattresses and informed guests that they’ll be subjected to substantial noise if the room is on the second floor.

Room Tip: Do not get a room on the second floor facing the street. The noise is unbearable.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
Guest R, Director General at CasaSur Art Hotel, responded to this review, June 18, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback on TripAdvisor following your recent stay with us at CasaSur Art Hotel.

I was glad to read you liked the area very much and that you find our staff great! I will share your comments with them who strive to extend their very best in service to our guests, and they would be thrilled to receive such feedback.

I was indeed concerned to learn that your stay was not so pleasant. Particularly the difficulties you experienced with the housekeeping service. Regarding the noise coming from outside, we claimed with the neighbours who explained us that there was a construction going on during those days and did apologize for that. I will share your comment in reference to the cleaning service with the department heads in order to address the issues and to prevent a recurrence.

I have been checking all the e-mails sent previous to your arrival by the front desk staff, including the concierge and the guest relations with suggestions of things to do in Buenos Aires and different alternatives for your birthday and I am very surprised you could not find anything suitable to your likings despite having scheduled all together with them. I feel very sorry that your experience fell short of the high standards we are renowned for achieving. Please accept my sincere apologize and take for granted that your comments have been shared with the department head concerned and necessary steps are being taken to make improvements and prevent any shortfalls from occurring in the future.

I am extremely disappointed that your impression of our breakfast was not as imagined. Bengal is a traditional restaurant in Buenos Aires with 18 years of success. I would like however to thank you for bringing this matter to our attention and I am glad to inform you that renovations and changes in the variety are being held in order to satisfy a more diverse group of customers.

I do hope that you will give us an opportunity to serve you better should you choose to stay with us on your next visit and I look forward to that. Please contact me directly so I can assure you that your request will be dealt with swiftly.

Yours Sincerely,

Emilia Saldubehere
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2014

Though our stay was short, we enjoyed our time at CasaSur. We found the staff to be welcoming and professional (and they put up with my poor Spanish without switching to English too quickly). The hotel appears small, but goes up several floors. The room was well-kept and modern, but not so much so that it forgot to be cozy. The bed was comfortable as well, with plenty of space for two.

They gave us a free glass of wine upon check-in (and a ticket for a free bottle of wine with dinner, but we already had reservations elsewhere), which we took before hitting a tango show that evening. We also ate breakfast the next morning in the small but comfortable dining area. The breakfast had a good array of light breakfast foods. The Argentines aren't big breakfast eaters so Americans aren't going to find big stacks of pancakes or buckets of eggs, but we found the offering to be tasty and filling.

The hotel is located in the Recoleta neighborhood, with plenty of shopping and places to eat nearby. My wife and I enjoyed walking through the streets with our limited time in the city.

The only downside to the experience was that our shower door - a heavy glass one - wasn't on its hinges the right way and fell off as I stepped in. I managed to catch it and prevent a big problem, but it was surprising. The staff were quick and professional in apologizing for the issue and resolving it. No troubles there - this kind of thing happens. I'd recommend the CasaSur anyway.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Guest R, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at CasaSur Art Hotel, responded to this review, June 11, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for posting your review on your recent stay in CasaSur Hotel.

The team and I were very pleased with your feedback and that everything was to your liking

Hopefully you will be able to back to stay with us again sometime in the future

Best wishes,

4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2014

Very nice art hotel located in the elegant Recoleta neighborood. Everything very good with the exception of a room a little too small. Very good breakfast even if espresso should be offered without any additional cost. Staff friendly and efficient.

Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Guest R, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at CasaSur Art Hotel, responded to this review, June 3, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thanks for your kind review! I am glad you enjoyed your recent stay with us and found our location very convenient.

I would be pleased to welcome you back and show you the different categories of room we offer to suit all needs. I am sure you will love our Suite Deluxe with its 60 m2 and the 2 bathrooms.

Looking forward to your future visit.

Best regards,

Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

Must write a review on our last night here in Buenos Aires. My boyfriend and I have been in the city for 7 days and have experienced the best of the best. A lot of the recommendations, tips and suggestions were given by the amazing staff.

Matías and Marco were like friends sharing their knowledge on the city and how to enjoy it to full capacity! Always with a kind smile, Matías recommended the best tango show ( within our budget, I may add), good restaurants that Porteños would suggest and both gentlemen always treated us so well! Buckets of ice to cool our cava purchased at one of the numerous wine stores near our hotel. Booking, changing or canceling reservations with no complaints, and just overall making our entire stay extremely memorable.

This hotel is situated in the heart of the Recoleta. LOVE this area. Beautiful cafés, great restaurants, classy and upscale neighborhood. Close to so much. Catch a cab anywhere in the city and pay no more than $5 USD. ......amazing for any American.

Breakfast was delicious. Would be great if there were more protein options, however what they did have was delicious. Medialunas and cafe con leche were beyond phenomenal.

Wonderful (first,but not last) trip to BA!

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a balcony!
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Guest R, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at CasaSur Art Hotel, responded to this review, May 29, 2014
Dear Guest,

I am very pleased that you enjoyed your overall stay and particularly that you liked the service of our staff, in special Matías and Marcos. I will share your nice words with my colleagues who strive to extend their very best in service to our guests, and they would be thrilled to receive such feedback.

We care much about guest´s needs and try hard that they always return with pleasant memories of CasaSur hotel.

We look forward to welcoming you again in the near future.

Kindest regards,

Guest Relations

Been to CasaSur Art Hotel? Share your experiences!