“Excellent Quirky Hotel” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Tanguero Boutique Hotel

You added Tanguero Boutique Hotel to your Saves list
Tanguero Boutique Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Suipacha 780, Buenos Aires C1008AAK, Argentina (San Nicolas)   |
Ranked #70 of 441 Hotels in Buenos Aires
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Bath, United Kingdom
“Excellent Quirky Hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2011

We stayed in the Tanuero Boutique Hotel for 3 nights.
Whilst the hotel reception staff did not speak much English (that was our problem not their's) we got by ok.
The quality of the room we had at the back was excellent. It was large, quiet, comfortable and clean.
We had requested a Double and when we arrived it was two singles. We explained and when we came back from a walk the room was sorted - an excellent double (made up from two singles but you could not tell the join from lying in the bed)
Breakfast was basic but good enough.
Excellent Italian restaurant (Brocolinni) around the corner (speaks English), an excellent Steak restaurant along the road and a cafe at the end selling good beer)
All in all I would definitely recommend this hotel
All in all

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
München, Germany
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2011

I found this hotel by chance, walking around in Bs As looking for ideas for my next visit with relatives (which are rather picky). I walked in to find out information and was dealt with in a profesional still personal manner.
We came back 5 months later and stayed 3 nights. What a pleasant place to be! The building itself is perfectly located, with many attractions and possibilities (like the wonderful Galerías Pacífico) just a couple of blocks away. Everything in this place has been made with care and love for detail, and it doesn't stop on the lift, like in other places with flashy receptions and pale rooms. Quite the opposite, the rooms are cosy, nicely decorated and the tango-atmosphere can be enjoyed.
Breakfast is typical Argentinean affair: coffee, medialunas, marmelade. But then some other things on top that could at least satisfy people that do not want to leave their usual breakfast: tosts, yogurt, cereal, fruits, jam, cheese, some other pastry, etc. Although somewhat limited, the quality is still even better than in most hotels in Argentina, a place where breakfast is usually not THE meal of the day.
Internet worked all over the hotel with the wireless connection.
The only gripe was at the time of checking out, when they experience some inconvenient with their newly installed creditcard validating system and it took a few minutes, but it was just another opportunity to chat with the truly nice people at the reception. From the girl from reservations department, to the receptionist, the bellboys and the cleaning ladies, everybody seems to care that you have a nice time.
Wondeful!

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
Carlos Barbosa, RS
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2011

I have to be honest: I only had to go to Tanguero Hotel by accident: due to the Puyehue volcano activity, I had a cancelled flight and couldn't leave Buenos Aires until the next day, and there weren't rooms available at the previous hotel I stayed. So my travel agency booked me this hotel, and I'm sure it would be better if I have stayed there for the whole trip.

It's very well located, very close to the other hotel I was before. However, it's definitely a boutique hotel, absolutely pittoresque with lots of Tango related details. My room was called "Cuartito Azul", after the famous tango from Mario Battistella. Very nice decoration in my room and also by the restaurant and the whole furniture is antique looking, but definitely new.

My whole room experience was excellent and wifi was working perfectly and free of charge. Breakfast isn't great, but I can't complaint. Staff was very attentive and nice. Tanguero Hotel is definitely a great place to stay and I sure recommend it.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
Rio de Janeiro, RJ
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2011

Crew were very helpfull and attentious!! I recommend it to all people who wants to have a great experience at Buenos Aires. The hotel have Tango as it theme and is clean, confortable and have an excelente location!!! I recommend!!!!!

• Stayed April 2011, traveled on business
Denver, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2010

We stayed her for 4 nights at the end of 3 weeks of travel through Argentina. Unbelievable luxury for the price! The lobby, rooms and entire hotel were very charming, beautiful finishes with the Tango theme. Room and bath were spacious and the WIFI was excellent.
Staff was very professional and helpful. I would highly recommend this to anyone. Location was great for seeing the sights, and it was well located for taking taxis or the subway to other areas in the city.
If you decide to use the lovely spa area, make sure you give them plenty of lead time. when I used it the hot tub was a "warm tub."
We would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple

Been to Tanguero Boutique Hotel? Share your experiences!