“Felt at home - wonderful B&B” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Abode Buenos Aires

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Buenos Aires
Abode Buenos Aires
You added Abode Buenos Aires to your Saves list
Costa Rica 5193 | Palermo Soho, Buenos Aires 1414, Argentina (Palermo)   |
Ranked #10 of 249 Buenos Aires B&B and Inns
London, United Kingdom
“Felt at home - wonderful B&B”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Lovely airy room, and great location down a quiet street for the restaurants and bars of Palermo.
The highlight was the beautiful roof terrace and the hospitality and great company of the host, Orlando. We only had a short stay but spent a fair amount of it sitting in the sun on the roof, with a well-priced beer from the stocked refrigerator. Orlando was great for advice on where to go and what to do - nothing was too much trouble. We were able to keep our room past check-out time as no-one was coming and when I left some earrings, Orlando was really helpful in reuniting me with them.

Great option if you want a relaxed stay and to feel at home in Buenos Aires. Would definitely go back.

Stayed November 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Halden, Norway
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I stayed at Abode at some friends´ recommendation, for a congress in early october. The location is great, it is quiet, close to the convention centre (La Rural) and in the middle of Palermo, a town within the city of BA - wonderful restaurants, a warm welcome everywhere and I experienced no trouble whatsoever. The new owner, Orlando, is helpful, friendly, relaxed and if you have a problem or a question he will go all the way to help you: Taxi, money, anything. He stayed up half the night to wait for my lost luggage, when I was in desperate need of sleep. The roof terrace is great for meeting other guests in the evening, and having breakfast.

• Stayed October 2014, traveled on business
Auckland Region, New Zealand
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Features clean, nice, well-appointed rooms, a gorgeous rooftop patio with a fully stocked refrigerator of very reasonably-priced beer and wine, and is conveniently situated within a ten minute walk of an amazing assortment of restaurants and other attractions. We felt secure and slept well.

I have to say, though, that the most outstanding feature here is the host, a French expat who speaks French, English, Spanish, and possibly additional languages with equal facility. He was helpful in selecting everything from places to eat, places to avoid, places to exchange money, places to eat in other cities on our itinerary, and with arranging taxis to pick us up at the airport. He even loaned us a small quantity of local currency for a few hours when the local bureau de change was unexpectly closed and we needed cab fare to get downtown. We felt incredibly well-looked after, and we will never stay anywhere else in Buenos Aires while he owns Abode.

• Stayed November 2014, traveled with family
San Francisco, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2014

I traveled to Argentina in October 2014 and I stayed at Abode for the first 5 days of my trip as well as the final last days of my trip. This B&B is located in an excellent part of Palermo. Wonderful shops, restaurants, and cafes are only a very short stroll away and it's quite easy to get a taxi or use public transportation to get to other parts of the city. Orlando, the owner, was very helpful throughout my stay and so kind and generous. From booking, to answering any questions I had about Buenos Aires, to helping me arrange taxis, Orlando was very responsive to all of my questions and super helpful! The breakfast was delicious and included croissants, dulce de leche, coffee, fruit, bacon, eggs, delicious! My trip to Argentina was so unbelievably fantastic and I'm so glad I chose Abode which was a very special part of my stay.

Thanks for everything Orlando!

-Laura

Room Tip: I loved the green room! You get your own bathroom!
  • Stayed October 2014, traveled solo
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2014

We stayed in this nice little hotel in Palermo region of buenos aires at the start, middle and end of our argentina trip. Good location for restaurants, bars etc. Nearby parks and short taxi/subway to rest of city.
Orlando, the young French owner, was particularly helpful in arranging taxis in advance, advice on the city and letting us in after a late internal flight. Very friendly- enjoyed talking about travels, life in argentina/ France and even 90s British indie music. Nice croissants/bacon/ egg breakfasts.
Recommended.

Stayed October 2014, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2014

Really nice location, stayed in the Red Suite for two stays in Buenos Aires, very comfortable, Orlando an excellent host, breakfast on the roof terrace a great way to start the day. Would certainly stay again.

• Stayed October 2014, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2014

We stayed with Orlando at the beginning of our trip in Argentina and had a fabulous time. Orlando is very friendly and always keeping in touch to make sure you're doing well and pleased with the accommodation. The location is perfect and close to many great restaurants and pubs. We stayed with him again at the end of our trip! Highly recommended!

• Stayed September 2014

Been to Abode Buenos Aires? Share your experiences!