“Quality boutique hotel in Palermo Hollywood” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Vitrum

You added Hotel Vitrum to your Saves list
Hotel Vitrum
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   5641 Gorriti | corner of Fitz Roy Street, Buenos Aires C1414BKE, Argentina   |
Ranked #125 of 436 Hotels in Buenos Aires
Boston, Massachusetts
“Quality boutique hotel in Palermo Hollywood”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2013

Stayed here for 5 nights for a work meeting and was very impressed. First I will say that every member of their staff was totally lovely and helpful the entire time, even in the midst of a packed breakfast room with a bunch of (us) hungry Americans clamoring for more coffee. Each person was above and beyond gracious and helpful.

The hotel is done in a fun, funky minimalist way. I stayed in room 16 which was a 2 level room with the kitchenette and sitting room on the main floor and the bedroom and bathroom up the loft-like stairs. Bed was super comfortable and the bathroom is good sized and clean.

I will also say that the vegetarian place 2 doors down was phenomenal for lunch (I'm not a vegetarian but it won my over).

While this neighborhood is away from the main sights of Buenos Aires it is a cute up and coming neighborhood with plenty of places to eat and shop.

Room Tip: There was some construction going on next door (not their fault) and I know some rooms had more hamm...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

Great little funky boutique hotel in Palermo section. Near everything. Very helpful young staff. Rooms funky clean not luxurious but more than adequate. Restaurant on site is very good and a scene at times. Small spa. Where we had very good massages . Have already recommended it to friends who subsequently went and more than confirmed our high praise . Great value!

• Stayed December 2012
Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2013

I stayed at this hotel for the first 3 nights of my South American trip. It was by far the nicest place I stayed. I read all of the reviews of the not great sushi restaurant, so I didn't eat there. However, the drinks were excellent. The mini bar was well stocked with a variety of yummy treats and beverages. The staff was very helpful in providing recommendations on things to do and places to eat. I liked that the hotel wasn't in a very busy part of town, but very close to Palermo Soho with many shops and restaurants. Also, I felt very safe and loved my two story suite. The bed was very comfortable and the shower was nice. I really liked the bathrobes provided as well. I'd definitely stay here again the next time I'm in Buenos Aires.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2013

I had the pleasrure of staying at this hotel in March. I picked it solely based on reviews I read. It was an excellent choice. Augustin at the front desk was extremely courteous and helpful. The location is great, many restaurants, shops and public transportation nearby. My husband and I are New Yorkers and not easily Impressed. We were able to walk to the subway and take it to San Telmo flea market. All restaurant suggestions received from the front desk were on point. Clean and comfortable accomodations. Great breakfast in the mornings. My husband and I will definetely be returning to Buenos Aires and will stay at the Vitrum. Thanks again Augustin, for a wonderful South American experience!!!!! David and Alma Thompson

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

My first time in Buenos Aires, my girlfriend had lived in BA for previously 7 years.
Firstly, what a great hotel with really cool staff who were extremely attentive to all your needs, and very, very helpful where possible.

I had the pleasure of going to a Riverplate match to the delight of one of the staff, but not to the others who would joke I was supporting the wrong team. We all struck up a great friendship throughout my stay. We were so delighted with the hotel, that on leaving to go to Uruguay, we decided to stay at the same hotel on our return back to BA.

Really nice suites, very spacious, tastefully designed (we stayed in 3 separate suites) very clean, with the most comfortable of beds, Sushi on a par with London and one of the best locations with lots of bars, restaurants and shopping at our disposal.

We will definitely be staying there again this coming December if they can accommodate our dates.

Room Tip: If your budget allows, try and stay in a Suite, Superior Suite and a Studio like we did. You won’t b...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Buenos Aires
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2013

I recently stayed at this boutique hotel for two nights and wish my stay had been longer. The bright and open atrium atmosphere with lots of glass was very unique. The gay and gay-friendly staff were extremely helpful and welcoming to me. My studio suite was spacious and very comfortable. The king-size bed was very luxurious for a good night's sleep. I particularly enjoyed the roof top spa and sundeck. It was very relaxing and an escape from the hustle and bustle of the city of Buenos Aires. After a day walking the streets the roof top jacuzzi was the perfect way to unwind and there was a great view of the city. The main floor restaurant specialized in Sushi but had other selections of Asian cuisine. The location was perfect to enjoy the Palermo Hollywood shopping and nightlife. Overall it was an excellent stay in this relatively new boutique hotel.

Room Tip: Reserve early as there are only sixteen suites available.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
Buenos Aires
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2013

I must say, I was just so amazed by this hotel. I travelled with my dog and I was more than happy that I could take him with me. The room was great, one of the most comfortable beds I ever slept in and a NESPRESSO coffee machine!!!! Great service, lovely staff, really nice breakfast and perfect location. I can highly recommend this hotel and I will definitly be back very soon!!!!! Thank you

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo

Been to Hotel Vitrum? Share your experiences!