“Great Place” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #5 of 436 Hotels in Buenos Aires
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Great Place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2011

The Glu Hotel is great. Cool location and the people who work there are SUPER nice and helpful. I highly recommend staying here.

I haven't ever rated any place before -- but had such a good experience I decided to write a review.

The neighborhood is very cool. Right in the heart of Palermo Soho. Lots of bars and restaurants in the area. Good starting point as well for long walks around the city. I would say it was pretty safe and I never felt uncomfortable walking around even late at night.

The hot tub on the roof wasn't working while I was there. I suppose that was my only complaint. Oh yeah, the showers are awesome.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (78)
Calgary, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2010

My wife and I spent over a week at the Glu. It truly is a fantastic boutique hotel that is immaculately kept, has large contemporary rooms and a very personalized atmosphere. We really enjoyed the convenience of breakfast downstairs and absolutely loved the fresh brewed coffee. But it was the front staff that really made the difference for us! They were friendly and extremely helpful. They cheerfully provided (many) recommendations, booked tours, arranged transfers and fielded our questions so many thanks to Maria, Johanna, Sol, Luciano and, of course, Diego! It was, by far, our best hotel experience. Hope you enjoyed the chocolates.

We also think that Palermo Soho is THE place to stay in B.A. with all the boutiques, restaurants, cafés and The Glu Hotel. For those of you looking for another “must do” list, here is ours: Recoleta Cemetery (obviously), a liter (or two) of Quilmes at Plaza Serrano, Dinner at Crizia and at La Cabrera, take in a Football game, have a snack at Cafe Tortoni, take the train to Tigre Delta and a tour of the canals, Iguazu Falls (if you can spare 2-3 days), and Rojo Tango/dinner at The Faena+Universe Hotel (pricey but worth it).

Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple
Vancouver, B.C.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2010

The hotel is great, location is awesome and the staff is great! When we arrived in a cab no less than 3 staff ran out to grab our bags and check us in. The service kept at that level for the whole stay.

New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2010

Awesome hotel!! Great location, the staff spoke excellent english (I don't speak a word of español LOL!), and the rooms were very clean. It is a bit pricey, but definitely worth it!

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple
San Jose, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2010

I stayed two nights at the GLU and found it very nice. I didnt give it 5 stars because I think that should be reserved for the top luxury hotels and GLU doesnt make any pretense to be a high end luxury hotel. Its a clean, nice, fun, small comfortable trendy boutique hotel - in a safe laid back neighborhood.

I really appreciated the shower facility on the first floor that I could use before leaving to catch my flight late in the early evening/late afternoon and after I had already checked out of my room. The shower is something in and of itself to experience, its like taking a shower in Iguazu falls.

The reviewer who thought the neighborhood around the hotel was questionable I think, while entitled to his opinion, is not quite right. In reality Palermo is no less safe than the Retiro or the Recoleta. The reviewer might be shocked if he or she did a Google search of Villa 31, and found out just how close one of the most notorious slums in Argentina is to the Recoleta.

In any event, not sure what a bobo crowd is but I find all the energy of lots of young creative people in the Palermo with their small businesses with their entrepreneurial spirit, inspiring.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled solo
Hoboken, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2010

I stayed here for three nights on my honeymoon and it was one of our favorite hotels on our trip. We were able to check in a few hours early and our room was of ample size. Our room faced the street, which was quite noisy during rush hour, but the balcony door was pretty soundproof. The roofdeck was beautiful and empty most of the time; we often felt like we were the only guests in the hotel. The hotel is within walking distance of great restaurants and bars in Palermo Soho, but is a bit far from metro lines. If you're going to other places in the city, I would recommend taking a cab.

Atlanta
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2010

After reading all of the reviews we had high expectations of the Glu. I am happy to say it met all of our expectations. What really makes the experience is the staff. Every person that works at the hotel is pleasant and does everything they can to make your experience better. The location was is a nice area outside of downtown and a short walk from Crizia (which was great) and La Cabrera (where we had a good time but the steak was a letdown).

We really followed the Tripadvisor recommendations and enjoyed Soul Trips (very much worth what you pay) and Bike It as well. Overall B.A. was a great experience.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple

Been to The Glu Hotel? Share your experiences!