“Probably the Best in Palermo” 5 of 5 stars

The Glu Hotel
Godoy Cruz 1733, Buenos Aires 1414, Argentina (Palermo)   |
Ranked #5 of 436 Hotels in Buenos Aires
Rio de Janeiro, RJ
“Probably the Best in Palermo”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2010

I have been to Bs As many times, stayed at many different Palermo hotels, and this was my second time at The Glu. I think I can safely say they are probably the best in the area.

Location-wise it's in a perfect spot, steps away from good bars (Congo, and Kika), good restaurants (Social Paraiso, La Cabrera, Cluny) and shopping. Service is truly excellent, and as previously mentioned, the very early check-ins never fail to impress me.

The rooms are huge, tastefully decorated, with wooden floors, underfloor heating, balcony and bar area. Bed is comfortable, area is quiet (although on one night we had noise from the bar next door - which seemed to be dealt with after complaining with reception). TV channel selection is good, and wi-fi was always very fast (and free). Staff are polite, helpful, but never intrusive. Breakfast is simple but delicious and fuss-free. Minibar prices are very reasonable. Never got to try the jacuzzi or sauna, but the pictures look good!

All in all, this hotel has everything you need and more. They are slightly more expensive than others in the area, but definitely worth it. If this is your first trip to Buenos Aires, I wouldn't recommend you to stay anywhere else.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (78)
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2010

I cannot possibly say wnough good things about the staff at The Glu. Of course the location is great and the rooms are modern, clean and comfortable. The amentities are great (especially love their breakfast) and the boutique qualities of the hotel were fabulous. Maria and the staff at the front desk were beyond perfection. They made dinner reservations for us, gave us great directions and even called our airline everyday to hunt down our lost luggage. When they found out we were on our honeymoon, we came home from dinner to champagne and candles in our room. To top it all off, I left my favorite necklace in the safe and a week after we got back home Maria orchestrated to have it shipped to me (in NYC) and was in constant communication about getting it back to me. Never have I stayed at a hotel where I wanted to be friends with the entire staff!

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
Orlando
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2010

From the great staff to the rooms and general atmosphere of the hotel, I was in love. If you rate this hotel anything less than excellent then you are absolutely crazy. The location was fantastic and every night the staff would recommend amazing restaurants to eat in near Palermo Soho. I am a traveler who usually spends hardly any time in my hotel but every night I looked forward to coming back to this hotel. It is modern and chic and kept in immaculate condition. I would not stay anywhere else while in BA.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2010

My wife and I recently went to Buenos Aires for vacation and stayed in two hotels, the Sheraton Park Tower and the Glu. While the Park Tower was a great hotel and we stayed in a suite, our stay at the Glu was much more memorable.

One, as mentioned in all the reviews, the staff was great. Because it is a small, boutique hotel, you are noticed every time you enter or leave and you are greeted by name and offered a coffee. They do a fabulous job of booking meals, taxis, trips, whatever. One of the great things is that they give you custom maps of the local area. One has all the restaurants and bars, one has all the stores. Why all hotels don't do this is beyond me. Breakfast is very european, with pastries, flat meats, coffee, and juice, but it was all you will need when you see the serving portions in the restaurants.

We had a standard room and it was great. Sleek, modern, and comfortable. The shower design is almost too modern as you always get water on the floor, but the rain showerhead can't be beat. Good robes, towels, glasses, and L'Occitane toiletries. They even had a very drinkable Malbec for around 10 dollars in the minibar. Such a deal.

Hotel is within walking distance of dozens of good restaurants. I can highly advise going to La Cabera for steaks........huge portions, great food, and compared to US prices, very cheap. Best to go early as they don't take reservations late and there is always a line out the door. Best of all, it's only a block and half from the Glu. Do not go to Estilo Criollo near the plaza..........worst meal of our whole trip.

Overall, if you like modern boutique hotels, the Glu is for you. If you are a business traveler that needs 24 hour business services, room service and bellmen at your beck and call, you probably won't like it. The area around it is kind of like Soho in NY in that there are dozens of cool shops, bars, and lots to do. All in all, the staff is so nice it's like visiting relatives that just happen to own a cool hotel in a cool neighborhood.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
Los Angeles
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2010

My husband and i recently spent five fabulous nights at The Glu Hotel and the accommodations and the service at this hotel were incredible! My husband and I arrived at the hotel at 7:15 AM after an all night flight to Buenos Aires and we were greeted warmly with a delicious cafe latte and breakfast buffet. After breakfast we were told that our room was ready and we were welcome to move into our room at 7:45 AM and enjoy the room! My husband and i have traveled quite extensively and we have never been invited to check into our room at 7 AM! Our room was immaculate, warm, and inviting with modern brown and turquoise decor, an extremely comfortable bed, dark wood floors a nice seating area with a flat screen TV and a lovely balcony overlooking a small interior patio. The bathroom had a wonderful rain shower and lovely towels and soft bathrobes. My husband found the Wi-Fi simple and very dependable both in the room and in the lobby area. Every morning the breakfast included fresh pastries, cheese and meats and fruit. The staff was incredibly helpful with plans for the day and evening, including dinner reservations and arranging for a local tour guide. We never used the Scottish shower or sauna but we heard other guests comment on how nice they were after a day of touring! There is also a large jacuzzi spa and lounge chairs on the roof of the building. The highlight of our stay was that we decided to return to the hotel for one night after a trip to Mendoza and they had the same lovely room ready for us upon our return and they allowed us to stay in the room until our departure flight at 6:00 PM the next evening. The staff at this hotel and the size and comfort of rooms cannot be beat in Palermo Soho!

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2010

My wife and i really enjoyed our stay at this hotel. Its well located relative to eating and shopping in the Palermo district. The whole hotel including the rooms is very clean and stylish. The breakfast contents and eating area were quiet and pleasant. Front desk staff were highly competant and most helpful with recommendations on places to eat (high end and local's favourites) and the reservations that are required for some of the more popular local restaurants. As an example, for the La Cabrera restaurant the hotel staff rang them three times in the week before our reservation just to make sure that there were no mistakes. A rare level of attention to detail.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled as a couple
Miami, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2010

This was my first trip to Buenos Aires, and I have to say that I will not hesitate to come back and stay at the Glu Hotel. The attention from its staff is remarkable, they pay attention to every detail so you don't have to worry about anything. The rooms are perfectly clean and spacious, and the breakfast its perfect way to start your day. Moreover, the Hotel location is trendy and surrounded by amazing stores and restaurants. Thanks to Maria, Johanna, Jessica, Diego, and Luciano for all your attentions to me and my family. I'm looking forward to come back.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with family

Been to The Glu Hotel? Share your experiences!