“Spectacular” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Miravida Soho Hotel and Wine Bar

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Buenos Aires
Miravida Soho Hotel and Wine Bar
Ranked #1 of 436 Hotels in Buenos Aires
Los Angeles, California
“Spectacular”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2013

Have you ever met someone you immediately felt like you have known all along? Welcome to Miravida Soho. We traveled a long way, slept well in the charming and comfortable rooms, and when we woke up to meet Buenos Aires we had wonderful people that worked at this perfect hotel to greet us, share wine with us at the wine bar downstairs, and introduce us to all the fabulous things that awaited us in Buenos Aires! We stayed for 6 days and rented an apartment for the duration of our trip but came back over and over again for advice, the amazing homemade empanadas, wine, and conversation. We met a new family we didn't know we had! You become part of the Miravida's extended family, and how they treat each of their guests. My husband, myself, and two teenage daughters could not recommend it higher.

Room Tip: Rooms at the back of the hotel are quieter.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (109)
Westlake Village, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013

I've visited B.A. four times in less than four years and I have stayed at this hotel each time. It's on a quieter street in a great location. Easy access to transportation and the best concentration of restaurants and shops in the city, in my opinion. The staff is the best hotel team I've encountered, I felt that I was visiting friends. Professional, friendly, attentive and extremely helpful in providing advice, suggestions on activities and directions. Great wine bar, a terrific place to visit other guests in the evening with the hotel owners and staff with a glass of high quality wine and a wine education along with the good company. The wine tasting was like a small party. The rooms and accoutrements are very high quality and comfortable. Highly recommended.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
Chattanooga, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

What makes the Mira Vida Soho so special is the personal service and attention they provide, which is much appreciated when you don't speak Spanish well! The staff all speak perfect English and are very eager to help you find that perfect restaurant and make reservations, describe a self-guided tour of a neighborhood, give you insider tips, suggestions on the best sights, arrange tango lessons, or help make phone calls for you if you lost your camera. They provide plenty of information beforehand, in English if necessary, and are eager to help you plan ahead of time. There is a wine bar on the first floor complete with empanadas and meat/cheese plates...can it get any better? The staff is entirely self-sufficient...they are the ones that make the restaurant reservations and will also bring a meat and cheese plate to your room at night. We knew all of them by name and have fond memories of talking with them. They are truly a special group of people. It is in a cool neighborhood with plenty of good restaurants and shops. Our room was lovely-roomy and quaint, although if you are sensitive to noise, the terrace loft is probably not the room for you as it is right on the street. Highly recommended!

Fayetteville, Arkansas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2013

This hotel, or just or more importantly, the people associated with this hotel were such a wonderful surprise on our first trip to South America. Everyone was so helpful that despite our lack of spanish speaking skills we felt like we were able to really maximize our exposure to the culture and personality of Buenos Aires. When my wife couldn't get into the cooking class she was interested in a member of the staff offered to come in off hours to teach her the basics of Argentinian food which led to a wonderful dinner with the staff, owner, and us; truly a memorable experience that we will cherish. The location of the hotel is a short walk to upper end shopping and is in a calm, quiet, neighborhood of an otherwise busy, metropolitan city. Nothing but great memories; thanks Miravida!!

Room Tip: There are only 6 rooms so they're all pretty good but I'd go with one with a private balcony...
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2013

My wife and I recently had a 14 night stay at the Miravida Soho, while we visited family in Buenos Aires. A stay of this length is somewhat unusual however I had business to attend to that was close to the hotel so the location was convenient.

The staff were friendly and more than helpful from the first interaction of the booking of the accommodation, to our changing arrival time until we checked out 14 days later. The staff were more than happy to make recommendations and reservations at local restaurants. Paola even rang to ensure our table was still available after spending longer than expected in the Wine Bar talking with Frauke.

The breakfast while reasonably simple, a choice of 5 options (we were able to sample each item at least twice) was enough to start each day.

I believe one of the best things about this boutique hotel (six rooms) was that you spoke with the other guests at breakfast or if you past them coming or going. The benefit of these conversations is that you find out what tours, tango shows etc are like. We actually booked a tour and the Tango Show after speaking with other guests.

We stayed in the Loft Terrace, the room was as good as any other hotel we had stayed in. It was a little noisy on Saturday and Sunday morning, from some of the local young people hanging out in the plaza across the street, after they left the local restaurants etc. Their behaviour was loud but no swearing or threatening type language.

I was asked by Frauke why we chose the Miravida Soho to stay. My answer was that I use trip advisor to choose accommodation, then contact the hotel directly to book. We started looking for accommodation in March for a June stay. I had actually emailed two other hotels about a booking, which I still haven't had a reply. After no reply from the other hotels for two weeks, we found this hotel. Miravida Soho replied to my enquiry within 24 hours, and therefore got our booking.

I would like to thank Frauke, Nadia, Felipe and all the staff for making our stay a wonderful experience.

Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

I enjoyed my stay and the attentions I received by all the personal at this beautiful hotel . Great choice either for tourism or business travel. Little shops (very exclusive) and nice restaurants in the area are a real plus

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Quebec City, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2013

Really nice place. Breakfasts... lovely! The wine, a sure bet! Owners are great! Our room was small (court 2). Shower not comfortable for a six feet person. Besides that, great! Neighbourhood very nice. Full of great restos and shops. Make sure Felipe and Nadia are there. And ask Nadia about Dain. It's a secret she'll share with you. I adopted the place. Would I go back? Anytime! Just might do that soon.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Miravida Soho Hotel and Wine Bar? Share your experiences!