“Warm place with a warm staff...a great hotel” 5 of 5 stars

Tailor Made Hotel
Arce 385 | Palermo, Buenos Aires 1426, Argentina   |
Ranked #157 of 440 Hotels in Buenos Aires
NYC
“Warm place with a warm staff...a great hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2010

I can't say enough great things about our experience at the TMH. We just returned from our trip to Buenos Aires and the Patagonia. We stayed at the Tailor Made Hotel for 5 nights and it felt like staying at home. Why?

1) our hotel room was big and clean. We had a balcony with a jacuzzi and an IMAC in our room. What more could you ask for?

2) There wasnt anything we asked for that they couldnt do or tried to get or do for us. We knew every boutique to hit Palermo Soho.

3) The entire staff was friendly and warm. Very willing to guide us and set up any plans in BA for us.

4) They kept all our luggage while we travelled so we wouldnt have to lug it down to Ushuaia. This made our trip there so much easier and relaxing than having to take everything with us.

5) I cannot stress enough about how nice and friendly the staff was...great people!

6) Inclusive of daily wine, snacks, water, and breakfast!!!

Need I say more....

• Stayed February 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
chicago
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2010

When we booked TMH for our trip it was rated the #1 hotel in BA and had positive reviews. We figured we couldn't go wrong. The location in Las Canitas is good and the hotel itself is clean. But they lure you in by telling you that you get all this extra stuff. Sure, the wine in the room is a huge plus but the breakfast was an embarrassment. I mean where were the pastries? And the free snacks were basically small bowls of nuts and a few cookies that sat out all day long. The desk staff wasn't overly friendly either, with the exception of the night guy, Gustavo, who was awesome!! We were in room 3 and it was tiny, thankfully we were only there for 2 nights. The AC didn't work well at all and it made it hard to sleep. The mini mac in the room is great but it's only great when the internet actually works which wasn't all that often so that was frustrating. Another annoyance we had was when we asked for a taxi, yes a cab NOT a remis car, and a private car showed up. I feel like the hotel took the liberty of just booking it even though we didn't ask for it. I would not rec this hotel, I think there are far better options with more room at the same price.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled as a couple
Rome, Italy
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2010

At this price you can get a lot more in Buenos Aires. Air conditioning works poorly, when it does and I think filters need a good clean - I have been sneezing all the time and this is normally due to dust in the air. The "designer" armchair in my room was heavily stained (can't they afford a dry cleaning treatment?). Water pressure is not enough to fill in the bath in a reasonable time. I got some free wine in the afternoon but just tap water when I asked for it (the fridge in my room was always empty). Breakfast incredibly basic...unacceptable in an area of Buenos Aires where few ARS buy wonderful medialunas and pastries. Not going back for sure!

Stayed January 2010, traveled solo
UK
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2010

We spend 4 nights in Tailor Made Hotel and we loved it. The location is great, just one street away from the Polo fields, restaurant streets, shopping!
The Hotel is spotless clean, loved the all inclusive policy - free drinks , snacks, washing, bikes. Even prior to our arrival Baltazar was extremely helpful with organising entertainment for us. Would definitely come again!!!

• Stayed November 2009, traveled as a couple
new york, ny
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2010

This hotel has some free extras. Free internet, free laundry, free beer, free simple breakfast. I booked the hotel based off of the nigh rating online. I feel that the rating is WRONG.

The free extras do not make up for what the hotel is lacking. After my 12 hour flight I checked into a very HOT hotel room. In the middle of the summer I was steaming in my room and had to wait 4 hours after turning on the AC for it to cool down. Not what you want when you have jet lag and want to catch a nap. Also, after leaving my room the house keeping turned off the AC so on the second day I again returned to a very hot room and a steamy sleep.

The hot tub on my balcony had leaves and twigs in it and the water is a yellow color (I know this is not the hotel's problem, but still not what you expect.)

I understand I am visiting a 3rd world country but I stayed in the Hilton and Mariott in BA for the same price, and they are much much nicer. Ikea -ish furniture reminded me of a college mate's loft. It has a few cool design elements, but does not make up for what it lacks.

The hotel has cool staff and are very friendly and helpful, but still did not make up for what it lacks.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled solo
london
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2010

had a real nightmare in this hotel. they have some free extras but they lack the basics: during my stay there was no bottled water after 12 noon (with 5 rooms only I wonder how many bottles they buy per day to run out sistematically), a ridiculous breakfast (yogurt only on the first day - then they said it was finished; no juices and no drinks, nothing to eat in a city where every other shop is a bakery), no laundry service (my first lot was returned unironed and probably unwashed considering how it was presented - my second lot was returned dirty after 4 days). The worst happened on our last night. With no electricity (and air conditioning - 32 degrees C was the temperature of my room). I was offered to go to a sister hotel free of charge - instead I was double-billed. Please avoid the tailor made hotel - that money can give you a lot more in buenos aires!

• Stayed December 2009, traveled as a couple
New York, NY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2010

Staying at the Tailor Made Hotel this past December was one of the best travel experiences we've ever had. Our room was beautiful, meticulously clean and felt airy and spacious despite the fact that it was one of the smaller less expensive options (Room 1). Every room has a computer with internet, as well as free long-distance calls. All of the included extras like drinks and laundry felt terrific, but what really made this hotel special was the service. Every staff member we met at the hotel knew our name in advance, and devoted him or herself entirely to making sure we had great activities to do, and providing us with the logistical help to do them. We also just loved talking to the hotel staff, and felt like we were leaving friends when we left the hotel. Something especially memorable happened AFTER WE CHECKED OUT OF THE HOTEL- we ran into a major problem with transportation to our next destination to a remote location in Patagonia, and we didn't know anyone else to turn to other than the hotel staff. Loli from the front-desk came to our rescue and we can say that Tailor Made not only enhanced our experience in Buenos Aires, it saved the rest of our stay in Argentina as well. Another highlight was the private tango lesson that Balthazar booked from us, and the personalized tango CD that Josephina made for us when she heard were excited about tango. This really is an amazing hotel, and my only warning is that after staying there it will be hard to stay anywhere else.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled as a couple

Been to Tailor Made Hotel? Share your experiences!