My husband and I stayed at this resort right after it opened a few years back- I was so pleased w/ the place /experience that time , and never thought I'd be able to get back, that I literally had tears in my eyes listening to the music plying from flautist while sitting on our back porch in Casita at sunset - thankful to be so blessed to be here again:)
I would literally JUST come back to listen to him play-very spiritual to me. Hubby and I spent every evening at fire-pits so we could hear him play while really enjoying the scenery.
Our Casita was just like the first one we stayed in before-beautiful interiors , well taken care of. The whole resort is beautifully casual .
We stayed October 8-12th. The weather was up and down but we were prepared. Layers.
We biked one day down to and through one of the golf-courses there and had a good time. Saw some bulls right next to the beautiful greens/views. Spent a little time visiting one of the model homes on site -very nice.
Hiked one day (very windy) . Saw lots of wildlife while there- Rabbits, coyotes, roadrunners, quail...Havalinas- so cool .
There was an issue w/ noise(loud humming, vibration noise) from what we think was an AC unit either on room next to us or under us- the staff did all they could and were very responsive in trying to get to the bottom of it- Luckily, even though the noise didn't get resolved while we were there(it was from the casita under us which was occupied)the noise couldn't be heard in our bedroom which was good because we were able to sleep soundly :)
We also were not there in casita most of daytime so we didn't have to hear it.
The food we ordered for room service was always good and plenty and delivered very timely.
We saw several havalinas every night on walk to and from resort and scared me to death one night, but it was cool:)
The staff in restaurant as well as the food was OUTSTANDING. The chef even went out of his way to prepare a sauce he thought I might have had on filet when I was there last time.
We saw Rick, the hiking guide we had last time, and enjoyed seeing him again. Did not use spa on this trip but did on last on and enjoyed it.
Overall- I highly recommend this resort to anyone wanting some peace and quiet.
Am hoping I can get back there again.
- Also Known As:
- The Ritz-Carlton Dove Mountain Hotel
- The Ritz-Carlton Dove Mountain Hotel Marana
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Ritz-Carlton, Dove Mountain is Tucson's newest luxury resort, introduced December 18, 2009. Nestled in the high Sonoran Desert against the Tortolita Mountains,featuring a destination spa, adventure programs that can restore your soul, world class hiking, Jack Nicklaus Signature Golf, indoor and outdoor dining including True American Cuisine at CORE Kitchen and Wine Bar, and richly appointed accommodations in a striking canyon setting. This resort is a place where adventure and a gracious spirit come to life. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Otel and Tingo so you can book your The Ritz-Carlton Dove Mountain reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.