My family absolutely loves this place! We live in Tucson so it is only a 30 minute drive up to the resort and we go whenever we can. I have never had a bad experience there and never expect to. Everyone is always kind, helpful and friendly.
We booked just one night this past weekend in an executive suite. It was quite lovely, but then again, to me, even the most basic room there is beautiful and very comfortable. Check in is 4pm, but we arrived at the hotel at 11am since we rented a cabana for the day. The room wasn't immediately available, which I didn't expect due to the hotel being at full capacity all weekend, but the room was made available to us around noon. They were nice enough to bring a jar of fresh-baked cookies and the little children's robes to the room while we were lounging by the pool.
The cabana rental, at $150 for the whole day, is always a smart choice during the summer as it gets extremely hot and it can get pretty crowded at the pool. The rental comes with two drinks/coctails, a basket of snacks, a fruit platter, bottled water, lemonade, a tv, ceiling fan and service all day. Unfortunately, the power was out in our cabana so it was kind of stifling, but Nick was very apologetic and accomodating. We didn't miss the tv anyway as my girls must've ridden the slide a thousand times. They also had various games set up around the pool and it was a really fun and relaxing atmosphere. The food at Turquesa was fantastic. The Angus burger with jalapeno aioli, whoa mama!
My girls and I always eat at Ignite for dinner and listen to the flautist around sunset. The music is peaceful and the atmosphere is serene. It was a little too hot to sit around the firepits, but we did roast S'mores after dinner on the lawn.
Our room rate came with a $100 resort credit and we treated ourselves to a nice breakfast before checkout. The service was quick and the food was delicious. We had a room on the side of the resort facing the Tortolitas and spa so we were able to relax on the balcony and eat without being baked in the sun.
I am happy that we stayed while the hotel was completely full as it is usually relatively empty when we go and I wondered if the service would be consistent. I can honestly say that I never would've guessed it were at full capacity if I didn't see there were no more rooms available online. The service was even better than I remember and they have a special way of making you feel like you're the only guest there. There is no pretentiousness and they are really kind to my girls.This is really a nice place for the entire family and there is something for everyone. The Accenture Match Play is held here for all of you golf fanatics. In the past, we've utilized the spa, additional restaurants and the Ritz Kids program, but didn't have time this stay do to being there just one night, however, I recommend all of them. Hiking up the mountain and looking down at the resort feels like a little slice of heaven on earth. This place is beautiful and it fits in perfectly with its natural surroundings.
Just a tip for all you military members out there, the military rate is fantastic all year. You simply can't beat it. I use it for longer stays as it can obviously get really costly to stay with a family. I didn't use it this last time as we wanted to stay in the suite, and the general summer rates are fantastic for EVERYONE.
- Also Known As:
- The Ritz-Carlton Dove Mountain Hotel
- The Ritz-Carlton Dove Mountain Hotel Marana
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Ritz-Carlton, Dove Mountain is Tucson's newest luxury resort, introduced December 18, 2009. Nestled in the high Sonoran Desert against the Tortolita Mountains,featuring a destination spa, adventure programs that can restore your soul, world class hiking, Jack Nicklaus Signature Golf, indoor and outdoor dining including True American Cuisine at CORE Kitchen and Wine Bar, and richly appointed accommodations in a striking canyon setting. This resort is a place where adventure and a gracious spirit come to life. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Tingo, Hotels.com, Venere, Fareportal , Otel and Agoda so you can book your The Ritz-Carlton Dove Mountain reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.