“Awesome Holiday” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Delta Beach Resort

You added Delta Beach Resort to your Saves list
Delta Beach Resort
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Aratepe Mevkii Sanatci Evleri Caddesi: 29 | Yalikavak, Yalikavak 48400, Turkey   |
Ranked #4 of 36 Hotels in Yalikavak
Swindon
“Awesome Holiday”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2012

I must admit, I wasn't expecting the holiday I got whilst visiting the Delta Beach hotel in September. I was going with my best friend and expected a nice relaxing quiet week away.

I must start with the thing that made our holiday - the Animation team. These guys are on the go 24 / 7... they see a million people a year but still manage to remember your name. Never have i been anywhere where that happens. Special mentions have to go to : Eto, Frodo, Yusef, Bulent, Hakan, and not forgetting Mr Photographer himself... Chiki. They make you feel welcome and nothing is ever too much. Arranging night time activity after night time activity (including a trip or two to Gumbet) they made our holiday memorable.

The hotel itself was lush. I was a little bit dubious of the fact that it was high rise but i needn't have worried... there are lifts to help you get around! We stayed in a deluxe room right at the top of the resort. The views from there were amazing!

I never actually went in the pool itself so i couldn't say if it was cold or not. The beach however, even though it is tiny is lush - i had one or 2 dips in the sea!

The food was fine - i never one had a dodgy stomach. Every night i found something I wanted.

This was my first trip to Turkey... I am definately going to go back! :)

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (69)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Middleton, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2012

Hi all, well I have just returned from the Delta Beach Club resort, Yalikavak after having 1 weeks experience and what can I say well first impressions are WOW nice location although a little out of the way if you want to get to any local bars or restaurants really. On arriving my fiancee asked for a nice room and to our surprise we were given a deluxe room which I had not previously booked at home and I can honestly say these are far better than most of the rooms that the hotel have to offer. Our room over looked the Aegean Sea which we could partially see because of the protruding vines which blocked our view, I did make a request for these to be cut back but I'm still awaiting for this to be done (now back home lol) as the gardener didn't speak a word of English. The only problem I can say I had with the room was the so called security card system the hotel had, well what can i say apart from after several trips down to reception and some rude reception staff, the hotels non english speaking maintenance guys and broken door handles, and one nights loss of sleep due to power going off it FINALLY GOT REPAIRED. This was due to the sensor in the door being faulty and I had to remove the door panel myself to finally get it to acknowledge the card.

Well enough of the down points for now, overall the hotel was kept reasonably clean if you can ignore leaves from the trees etc and nearly breaking my neck once or twice on slippery floors being washed down, see I cant help myself but find fault really. Several people during my stay this week had had bad accidents i.e 1 guy had broken tendons in his ankle after falling through rotten decking boards near the child's water slides that in my eyes should of been repaired ages before it happened.

Food as a whole was OK not the best Ive had on an all-inclusive and I'm not a fussy eater either but everything got repetitive. The Ala Carte's are different and well worth a try we tried the seafood and Italian and was quiet impressed to be honest. Weather was great for end of sept-oct cant complain there in the 30's still. Scenery was exquisite.

There's not many English people there but we did meet some lovely people from Gatwick & Bristol area's etc to keep us entertained in an evening lol although the hotels animation team put on a show every night but preferred to have a drink at the pool bar and have a laugh amongst us selves. There's plenty of ignorant Danish, Russian's etc that tend to want to get served before the Brits. As everybody else on here has quoted this is not a 5* hotel as its clearly marked on the hotel itself its close to a 4* I would say.

If I was asked would I go back to the Delta I probably would say ?????????? Maybe but to be honest I never go back the same place twice as the world's to big.

Room Tip: Basically just ask for one of the deluxe rooms on arrival as soon rooms are above the loud music tha...
Guildford, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2012

Generally speaking we had a very good relaxing holiday at Delta Beach.We had a good room overlooking the swimming pool, terraces and the bay.The room was kept spotlessly clean by our room maid with clean towels and restocked little bottles of shampoo,shower gel and body lotion every day.A nice little touch was a pair of terry towelling slippers by our beds and the fridge was stocked with soft drinks and water on arrival.This was not restocked but bottles of iced water were available at all the outlets in the complex.The gardens were well kept and the pathways were swept regularly.There are 4 bars in the hotel--- a small bar in the reception area the "Sports Bar" overlooking the bay ,A nice open bar but ( for me ) very uncomfortable,-the chairs are so low my knees were almost under my chin.The pool bar with lots of tables and chairs on the decking--- tea and coffee are available here also pastries and cakes in the afternoon. Then finally the beach bar with lots of sunbeds.and a small pool with water shutes.Hot food is available here from 1230 to 1730 as an alternetive to the main restaurant. The food is a bit basic and is very repetitive.the beach is quite small and was a bit scrufffy. Sea swimming was really good and clear ,the resort has a blue flag award.The hotel is built ona very steep gradient --almost clifflike and to get from our room to the beach we had to take 3 lifts down over 8 levels and although there are plenty of lifts I wouldn`t recommend this place for any one with walking difficulties or respiratory problems. All the staff are very friendly cheerful and helpful.Unfortunately we wre a bit disappointed with the food in the main restaurant. As with the beach bar the choices were very much the same and we thought quite bland and the sauces a bit wishy-washy.But there was a good cold section so we didn`t go hungry and the deserts were quite good. There are 3 other restaurants-- Fish, Italian and Turkish all very good I thought the entertainment team were trying -though not very hard- but the evening caberets didn`t do much for us. and we didn`t really much of them during the day.
Two things really annoyed us You will probably think I`m being very petty but we had paid quite lot of money for 2 weeks all inclusive to find we had to pay extra for fresh squeezed orange juice at breakfast . This country grows tons of the things and they were so cheap in the markets I cuoldn`t believe we had to pay extra It just seemed so cheap and the other thing was to pay extra for a little bowl of nuts with our pre-dinner drinks You are probably wondering who is the meanest here.Unfortunatly there were a couple of minor accidents around the beach bar pool. The decking seems to be a bit worn in this area --its constantly wet with the overspill from the pool-- and one young lad actually went through the decking damaging his leg ,but I`m told the hotel is due for a major refit this winter.Sorry to finish on a sour note but I hope this truthful account is some help to you

Room Tip: maybe do NOT accept a room under the pool bar decking the room ceilings are directly under the decki...
Belgrade, Serbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2012

We stayed last year, it was a great holiday experience. Ideal for 7 days holiday - to rest you brain. Food choice was excellent. Sea is fantastic. We had room with fantastic sea view. And Yalikavak is just fantastic...... .. Enjoy :)

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
Halstead, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2012

had a lovely relaxing holiday at delta beach the room they gave us when we got there wasnt very good was very dark inside and no view from our balcony just a wall in front of us we asked to be moved as did quite a few other people we spoke to we got moved to a much better room with a lovely sea view the next day . no problems with the food always a good choice had the same waiter look after us all week excellant service .we ate at the snack bar at lunchtime . had ice cream in the afternoon then afternoon tea lots of lovely cakes so definately didnt go hungry . we always went up to the quiet pool no need to rush for sunbeds . my only critism of delta beach would be the cleanliness round this pool we only seen the tiles round the pool being cleaned once while we were there and the dirty glasses and cups were still there the next day not much clearing up was done round this pool .dont walk into yalikavak at nighttime to dark and no pavement get a taxi. yalikavak is a nice little village with nice little shops and a few eating places .dont have to worry about water as the hotel gives you bottles .you get a complimentary mini bar with soft drinks in your room which is a nice touch . would recommend the turkish bath and massge .we had a lovely week here ....

Room Tip: we had room 1520 lovely room with a see view .
Lancashire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2012

The Delta Beach is a very good hotel, not excellent, not brilliant but for the price involved very good value.
We had 11 nights until the 21st of September. All the staff were excellent, even at the reception, they were all very helpful.
The food was very good, plenty of choices every meal.
We met lots of people from many parts of Europe, they all seemed to be enjoying the whole experience.
The A team were quite funny through the day - waking us up at 10am with a loud cockerel crow and a ‘Butlins’ type song. Every night they put on a show, the best being the ‘White’ beach party.
Yalikavak is a short walk from the hotel, depending how fast you walk!
What a bonny little fishing town with quite a large marina. We explored most of the shops and found an excellent café for lunches called The Ali Baba. On Thursdays the town was packed for the weekly market. This was a huge one with massif stalls, everything you could think of for sale.
I noticed all the locals stocking up for the week with fresh veg, cheese, herbs and spices. Another bonus for us was the public seats, they were everywhere. In town all buses going in end up at the central bus station (a big car park). Close by there are plenty of taxi ranks if you need a lift.
Back.
At the Delta Beach the air con. greeting you at reception was a welcome relief from the afternoon heat.
Our room had very good air con. In the shower room there were plenty of soaps for hair and body etc. The safe was included in the price and worked very well, as did the hair dryer in the shower room. Towels and sheets were changed often, I’m not sure how often but they always seemed clean.
If you are looking for a good quality holiday at a reasonable price near a very beautiful bay close to a very nice town with an excellent Turkish market you will enjoy the Delta Beach Resort, Yalikavak.

Meath, Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2012

We have just returned from a lovely relaxng week in the Delta Beach. We have been to turkey several times and wanted something away from the busier resorts, Yalikavak is just that, lovely little fishing village and the Thursday market has all you need for all the "genuine fakes" , we did go to bodrum one night for shopping and ran out of the place plus were done for dinner 70e for a really poor meal, The food was above our expectations as others said catered to all nationalities but didn't feel overwhelmed or out of place. We hired one of the bird cages for one day at 5euro and we were sold and had the whole week in it, that along with two sunbeds all prepped with towels ready for you to relax for the day. My husband didn't come out ofit for the week! Lol. We ate in the a la carte restaurants and the service and food faultless. Wine is very expensive in turkey for some reason but the all inclusive wine was grand better then I thought. Room had everything we needed and again to echo other reviews Fatima is lovely, she is what we call in Ireland a mother hen, looking out for everyone and seemed genuine, the best rep we ever came across its very nice that a local person who knows what she is talking about points you in the right direction. The staff work so so hard, it can't be easy being enthuastic every day and the animation team pulled it off, the night time entertainment wasn't great but it ticked the box. I have seen bad comments about the reception staff but I can't say we came across that they were very nice. The staff n the main restaurant were lovely which can't be easy as I don't suppose they get many tips with it being all inclusive. The place is absolutely spotless but not intrusive you didn't see people cleaning all day its like it happened by osmosis. Ahhh wish I was there right now and have to say we have travelled a lot, it's what we spend our disposable income on, we never go back to the same place twice but if we are looking for a relaxing chill out week we will be back to the delta, on the transfer thing we were 30 mins so it depends on how operators work, we travelled with Thomas cook through direct holidays in Ireland this is the second time we have and will do again they were very good. Oh yea and go for a Turkish bath and massage we paid 60euro each which is not mad cheap but it's what you would pay for just a massage here and we got a whole package deal and well worth it, we were two hours there. Have To agree with others it's not our 5 star it's 3.5 to 4 but look at what you are paying and what you get. You would per night in five star at home what we paid for week, well almost, you know what I mean! Only issue beds a little hard.....

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Delta Beach Resort? Share your experiences!