“Amazing meal” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Delivery, Late Night
Amman, Jordan
“Amazing meal”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2012

Sait is located in Yalikavak, which is about 30 minute drive from Bodrum. The place is not easy to find, but ask around and everybody knows it, and that for a good reason.

The place is set above the waters of the Marmara sea. It is packed with high end locals. It has a very simple and basic serving method where you look into a display fridge, and pick your starters and fish.

The fish and seafood is the freshest you can find anywhere in Turkey. The service was great, and they know how to cook fish better than anyone. It is definitely worth the drive.

• Visited July 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

• Turkish first
Oslo, Norway
“Nice high-end restaurant”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2012

We went to the restaurant as a big group, and has an array of very good starters: melon and feta cheese, mezes, cheese platter and much more.

Our main course was grilled lobster. The lobster was good, though not spectacular.

For dessert we had some traditional Turkish dishes (baklava etc) as well as fruit platters. The Turkish desserts were delightful and the fruit fresh and sweet. Probably the best I had my entire stay in Turkey.

Waiters were attentive, though kind of pushy, during our meal. I don't see the point of leaning in really close to get one half-empty cup of tea when we've just about finished off our meal.

The outdoor area has a wonderful view over the bay. If you get good tables, this would be a perfect site for a romantic dinner.

The price were reasonable, although I'm sure you can find even better value elsewhere.

An ending note: We had a very negative experience at the restaurant. A female member of our party was followed into the bathroom by a male waiter and given a very inappropriate suggestion. This gave our visit a bad ending, but I have not taken this into account in this review, as I assume the waiter in question was a rotten egg in the basket. We reported the incident to the restaurant, and they took our complaints very seriously,

• Visited July 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Norderstedt
“Not welcomed!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2012

At the beginning of June 2012I went to the Sait REstaurant and tried to make a reservation for 3 persons one week in advance! I asked for a table at the waterfront, but I was told that all tables - except some "dark corner" tables far away from the water front - were already reserved, although only one reservation was recorded in the reservation book at the reception of the Sait Restaurant. I had been a lot of times in Turkey and even in the Sait Restaurant, but I never met such an unfriendly man as this day at the reception of the Sait Restaurant. It remiomds me of the former German Democratic Republic, where people from West Germany were often not welcomed in bars and restaurants. Is there no more need to welcome guests from foreign countries?

I am very disappointed about the Sait Restaurant.

Visited June 2012
Colorado
“Out of this world”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2011

The only better seafood was made by my mother from the catch my father and I made that day. Great food and location.

• Visited September 2011
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Nice place with really tasty fish”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2011 via mobile

Go there and you will find good seafood served by a friendly but very kind staff. There are lots of delicious mezes but be careful, fishes there are especially really really good. If you eat too much meze, you will not have enough space for very well cooked Lagos. Say hi to the owner, Sait - a real gentleman.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere