“Olu Deniz Resort” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Oludeniz

Map
Satellite
Map updates are paused. Zoom in to see updated info.
Reset zoom
Updating Map...
Oludeniz
Directions
Oludeniz, Turkey
Berkshire
“Olu Deniz Resort”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2008

We have just returned from two weeks in Olu Deniz 1st-14th October 2008.

The resort is very picturesque with very pleasant mountainous scenery, a very nice blue lagoon, a good beach, and a pleasant tourist-oriented resort centre.

There is plenty of choice of restaurants, shops etc - although very variable in quality. If you want noise, clubs, etc, Olu Deniz may not suit you, but the inland village of Hisonarou may be suited although we found it a bit too commercial.

The weather was in the mid-high 20s every day and we had only a few brief showers on a couple of days - very nice.

The lagoon is part of a national park - you can pay a small fee to enter the park or go around the other side of the lagoon to Sugar Beach etc. The pedallos are not too expensive (20 YTL/hour) and you can look out for turtles (we saw 2 briefly), flying fish and kingfishers. Either way, sunbeds are 5 YTL each per day and umbrellas also 5 YTL.

The whippers-in for the restaurants, tour companies, etc were a bit annoying but rather less of a problem than at Hisonarou where there were nearly as many restaurants as potential ciustomers in October. Restaurants are a little less expensive than UK but not by much - wine seems to be very poor value. The ambience of the restaurants varied from Doner Kebab stalls, through Bar-Cafes to very nice restaurants. Our favourite was the Sultan Ahmet Turkish Restaurant on the main (pedestrian) shopping street not far from the sea-front. Their food and service was excellent and their location and ambience were ideal. The staff were professional, and very friendly without being over-familiar. We gave them 10 out of 10.

The dolmus's (shared taxi/mini-buses) work really well and are very good value for getting to nearby towns like Hisonarou and Fethiye.

The resort is a major paragliding centre, and this was quite fascinating to watch. Beware of paragliders landing on the beach and promenade - sometimes quite dangerously to sunbathers and passers-by. There are plenty of tandem paraglider firms where they will take you up the mountain and an experienced "pilot" with fly you down, taking about 45 minutes. We ddint do it, but I can see why its popular - the views and "buzz" must be amazing. But beware that your holiday insurance wont cover you, and there have been a number of deaths of solo enthusiast paragliders - 10 last year and 2 while we were there. The tandem operators will tell you they have a good safety record (which may be reasonably true) but that wont stop a solo flyer from causing an accident to a tandem flyer.

All-in-all a very nice resort and holiday marred only by our hotel - I'm about to review them next, and they won't be getting 10 out of ten!

Colin & Chris

Scotland
“Fantastic”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2008

Went to Olu Deniz in Sep 2008
This was our first trip to Turkey and we were'nt sure what to expect....We were not disappointed.

Good choce of restaurants with food to suit all tastes
The restaurants on the beach front are dearer but no better than some of the others.
We would def recommend Oba's for your evening meal
great food, good variety at a reasonable price and fantastic service. The waiters are so friendly.

We booked our trips through Guide Tours. Very Profesional and helpful. We booked with Mehmet who was fantastic and gave us lots of info. Trips were very good value for money
we done the Moonlight/Sunset Cruise which was very Romantic.

I was expecting to be hassled a lot my the local traders but they are not overly pushy at all.

Plenty to do in the evenings as well. couple of lively bars
or chill out on a beanbag on the beach with a few drinks and a hubbly bubbly pipe.

although not really my cup of tea there is lots to do for the sports lovers to
paraglideing horse riding camel riding quad biking scuba diving and white water rafting on the dalaman river

and for those who like to relax turkish baths the dalyaan mud baths and plenty of beauticians for manicures pedicures facials etc etc
I got a manicure a facial and my eyebrows threaded at Bahars which was very inexpensive and the girls were fantasric at there jobs

and my final mention has to be to BHS (bridget home stores) at the Ghengis Khan Market at the end of the beach. Got some beautiful cushions and table clothes for a fraction of what u would pay here and fantastic quality. The owner is a lovely guy and very helpful.

Il defo go back in the near future

liverpool
“jeep safari 27 august 2009”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2008

just got back from olu deniz with my 2 daughters,. it was apsolutely gorgeous, plenty to do and the weather was gorgeous. went on a couple of trips with easy rider, the jeep safari was amazing, unfortunately we ended up with another persons photographs on the disc we bought so that was disapointing to find on our return, if you have my disc please contact me. horse riding was enjoyable and the boat trip was relaxing. would definately go back.

Moscow
“favorite place for holiday! and one of the bests!!!! some of 2006 and july 2008”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2008

I've been in Oludeniz twice.
my first trip was in 2006, and it wasn't planned. i was traveling with my friend and we even didn't know about this place at all.
************
a little bit off-topic or how i got to destination.
we came here buy bus from istanbul. i have to say, that buses in Turkey are pretty well for such long distances, i liked my night journey very much! the bus is air-conditioned, they suggest you something to drink and even biscuits. there is a stop.. but we take a night root, so, you may not need to go out. the way.. it's something amazing! i didn't sleep and was shocked by the landscapes wich i view through the window.. the mountains.. my passion. and so many stars!!! They were brighter than usually.. it was fantastic!
************
the first impression from Oludeniz: it's Eden!!! the beautiful place!!! the colors were so different and bright and beautiful coast.. also MOUNTAINS! i was crazy about this view!!! and that time i fell in love with this area... I was looking at mountains and my heart was sinking.. the were so huge.. the feeling of majesty – what I can say!!!

and i always want to return here...

the water is so clean! i loved waves, they made water crystal! and if you want fun, then go to jump in these waves!
but if you want to swim, there is a lagoon there... it is incredibly nice and protected from wind.. you can have a day of relax...

islands tour is for active people! you'll discover a lot of lovely views.. my camera.. it was working almost all the time, i couldnt stopping!!! you also can see the ruins of the ancient town at saint-nicholas island...

My second visit.. i've just come back from Oludeniz!
it was a 4-day trip.. so little!!! but i enjoyed much!
this time i tried paragliding. from the edge opens a spectacular view!!!!!!! i was falling apart.. i was flying over one of the most beautiful places!!!! and i will remember it.

i have to say, that paragliding is something different. once you tried it, you'll start to wish trying it again and again! you think it will be frightful but then you discover, that not!!! it isn't!!!!
but the fabulous landscapes you survey.. it is always with you!
dont forget your camera with you! it is safe..

every night i was listening the song of the sea...
i liked oludeniz because you can go at the coast at night and you may not afraid of bothering by others... people come there to listen waves or just to talk.. if i'd go with someone i love.. i'd take him there... :)

and what about trips and excursions: there are a lot of them and many places "must seen". Want to go to Dalyan and Tlos, Saklikent... want to discover new places there... and lycian road - one day i'll try it too!
it was a pity that my holiday was too short!

i want to have an opportunity to come here oftener. it's a dream!

Barnsley
“Olu Deniz / Karbel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2008

We arrived back from Olu Deniz last week after our first holiday in Turkey, we were very pleased and every thing people said on Tripadvisor was correct.
Two places we would recommend are paragliding with IKARUS as they were very professional and went from the top mountain.
Next was the LALEZAR restaurant.The food was exellent and cooked to perfection,check the picture of the breakfast and that is exactly what it is like on your plate.
It is situated next to Bloody Gorgeous Tours.
We shall be back to Olu Deniz again and hope all other newcomers like it as well.

Been to Oludeniz? Share your experiences!