“I would recommend this hotel” 4 of 5 stars

Belcehan Delux
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   BelcekIz mevkii, Oludeniz, Turkey   |
Ranked #25 of 103 Hotels in Oludeniz
Birmingham
“I would recommend this hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2009

The Belcehan Delux is a recently built hotel, which – unlike many on the Med – deserves its 4* rating. It is of a modern design, and finished to a high quality (eg bathroom has contemporary fittings, sliding glass panel to the shower, large wall tiles with mosaic relief etc). The hotel is spotlessly clean, and the much mentioned ‘no food’ policy is probably because the bedrooms (again, unusually for the Med) are carpeted, which also serves to deaden the sound of noisy neighbours.

The staff are very polite, friendly, and extremely helpful.

Guests are given a ‘credit card’ at the start of their stay, and all purchases (drinks, meals etc) are logged using this, bills being settled when checking out.

It’s worth mentioning that baths are half-sized rather than full length (which seems to be the norm), but the powerful showers are fantastic, and no shortage of hot water.

Did not take evening meals, but breakfast is adequate.

All in all, would not hesitate to recommend this hotel.

One word of warning to anyone who has travelled to Turkey in the past and enjoyed its low prices – the local shops and restaurants have hiked their prices up dramatically, and the quality of food in many places left much to be desired…hardly value for money.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled with friends

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (92)
  • Turkish first
essex
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2009

We stayed at the belcehan for one week, middle of may. loved the location, near to all the bars and restaurants, but far away enough for good nights sleep.All the staff were really friendly, and very helpful. The hotel is really clean and i look forward to staying there again in the future. Breakfast is basic but feels a hole, good coffee and orange. definately worth a visit.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled as a couple
Bristol
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2009

This was a great hotel: clean, modern, relaxing with friendly and helpful staff – what more could you want?! The room was really lovely, very clean with what looked like a new bathroom, which had a powerful shower, and it was all modern which gave it a relaxing feel. The staff were friendly and always willing to help. We did go half board in an attempt to save some money, and the food was pleasant, maybe a little uninspiring but for half board it was one of the best I’ve experience and had some local foods in there as well which helped. However, if you can, I would recommend going B&B as there are some fantastic restaurants along the strip which is in close walking distance. It is not the cheapest place to eat but it is worth it – especially the seafood.

There is a lot to do if you want to – we visited Ephesus and Pammukale which is well worth doing, but be warned the coach trip is very long so would probably only recommend if on a 2 week break!!! We also did the paragliding which was a lot of fun and gave you a great view of the fantastic scenery, the only scary part was the jeep ride up there, for something more relaxing and with the ability to take your own photos try the microlight instead – truly fantastic! We also took the boat cruise to a beautiful beach via the mud baths this was a very relaxing day out and I feel really worth doing. The beach was picturesque and the mud baths great fun. On the excursions food was provided in the price, it was very good, and considering the cost of buying lunch in the hotel (basically burger and chips) I could not complain.

The hotel is excellent and we would certainly return and not hesitate to recommend to friends. Olu Deniz is a lovely area with lots to do if you want to, but if you just want to relax by the pool or be a short walk from the beach, this is the hotel to do it at!

• Stayed August 2007, traveled as a couple
Glasgow, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2008

Just back from our fourth visit to the deluxe it just gets better, we were not hassled ever.
the staff were so polite and helpful, we upgraded to the duplex on the roof it was our anniversary after all
what a view 8.25 in the morning the sun came over the mountain.
sunrise on our own balcony then sunset at cloud 9 on the beach.
oludeniz is the chill out capital of the world.

• Liked — its the best in olu deniz for standard and quality bothe rooms and staff
  • Disliked — whats not to like !!!
  • Stayed October 2008, traveled as a couple
North West, England
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2008

I stayed at the Belcehan Delux, 15th - 22nd September 2008.

The hotel is in a great position, just at the top of the main street.
The hotel is built in a modern style, I am not too sure about the design of the roof over the reception, a bit bizarre, it would have been nice to keep it the same style as the design of the blocks which housed the bedrooms, but that is neither here not there. I requested a high floor, pool view but was given one of the "underground" bedrooms. Initially I thought oh no, but when I opened the door to my room I was pleasantly surprised. The room was large and had twin beds and a sofa, I dont know if it has been re-furbished but the furniture smelled brand new and looked it. The bathroom was great, especially the shower, there was a power shower over the bath, and the bath had a little seat at one end, a glass door slid the whole length of the bath. The balcony to my room was large with a table and two chairs, glass patio doors, the balcony was much larger than the ones overlooking the pool also the pool rooms had much smaller doors. My balcony overlooked a little private garden. Best of all was the air con, (free) which was remote control, you could just lie in bed and control the air con with the remote! I found the room was nice and cool anyway being underground so didnt need to use the air con during the night, having said that this particular air con wasn't that noisy. The bedroom and bathroom was kept immaculately clean by the maids, in fact I found the whole of the hotel and the lovely pool to be spotless. People did put their towels on the sunbeds first thing, but I prefer to sit in the shade and the beds in the shade were always available.

The breakfast was ok, I never eat a cooked breakfast but enjoyed the yogurt and fresh melon. The turkish bread is to die for, so I probably ate more bread with jam, butter, honey on than I would normally do. Diversing a little there is a bookcase at the reception area where you can borrow paper backs.

The staff were all very friendly but I didnt need to contact reception for anything so cant comment.

Two things I disliked was the rule about not taking your own food and drink into the hotel which they inform you of when you book in. I did buy two bottles of wine - a tip, dont buy any from the first shop on the left hand side of the main street, I bought one from there and he ripped me off. After much argy bargy and a queue behind me I gave in and paid what he asked, even though it was a different price on the shelf. He said it was a "good wine" and someone had moved it off the shelf and put in on a lower one. I would say dont really bother buying your own wine (I can only speak for the white wine) it isnt very good and quite expensive to buy by the bottle. Anyway I became paranoid about anyone finding the wine, so after breakfast I took it out of the fridge before the maids came in, hid it in the wardrobe and then put it back in the fridge mid afternoon when I returned to my room! I even resorted to taking the empty bottles out in my handbag and finding a rubbish bin at night!!!

The other thing I didnt like was the incessant music played loudly around the pool. It wasn't my taste at all, and the later on in the afternoon it became worse, loud club music. I can only think the two young lads behind the bar were bored and put it on. I heard people muttering about it, but typical as we Brits are, never the ones to complain, everyone just put up with in and lay round the pool with resigned expressions on their faces.!

If I ever go back to Olu Deniz, (you can read what I thought about Olu on the forum) I would definately stay at this hotel, apart from the two little moans I thought it was lovely.

• Liked — The comfort of my room, the bathroom and the cleanliness
  • Disliked — The no drink rule and the loud music around the pool
  • Stayed September 2008, traveled solo
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
north wales
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2008

This hotel was very nice, clean and modern. The staff where also very friendly and helpfull. The only big let down was the food, it was awful. We found Oludeniz resort beautiful with some great places to eat cloud 9 was especially nice on the beach front. Trips where very good value for money but worth shopping around for. Would recommend the Quad biking to anyone it was such fun. Found the food and drinks in bars very expensive during our visit too.

• Liked — very clean and modern
  • Disliked — the food very little choice and not nice
  • Stayed September 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Stamford
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2008

Holiday and hotel exceeded all out expectations, especially considering some mixed reviews regarding Turkey. The hotel was fresh, clean and modern. The rooms were cleaned daily and fresh towels left. We stayed on a b&b basis and enjoyed the breakfasts. A good continental selection, which is what we wanted no 'full english' in 35 degrees thanks!!). The staff were very friendly and very helpful. We needed some assistance with an excursion which did not go to plan (not booked through the hotel) and the staff sorted very efficiently and got our money back. The hotel had a very relaxed vibe and the bar by the pool side was always good fun. It was a hotel which was great for kids and adults alike. As the hotel is relatively new the pool area was very clean (as well as being cleaned daily). The resort was great for a more relaxed 'bar and restaurant' evening. The Buzz bar did great food and cocktails and for a special evening the 'White dolphin' (I think!) on the beach front was fantastic.

• Liked — Clean and modern
  • Disliked — Nothing
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Been to Belcehan Delux? Share your experiences!