“it gets better every year” 5 of 5 stars

3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   Belcegiz Mah. | 236 Sk. Oludeniz, Oludeniz, Turkey   |
Ranked #16 of 105 Hotels in Oludeniz
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Leigh, United Kingdom
“it gets better every year”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

this year we will be returning to the morina for the 8th time.

if you want to relax in a setting to die for look no further.

over the past couple of years the hotel has undergone extensive refurbishments

so it gets better every year. the staff are so helpful and friendly, and nothing is to much

trouble, to top all that the resort great, with enough to do, but not to lively pey g

Room Tip: go for the sea view rooms

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (71)
  • Indonesian first
  • Turkish first
Croydon, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

The most friendly hotel we have been to. Staff treated us like family.
The only downside is the rooms, they are in need of updating. Some rooms are already improved, I hope to see more next time.
We will return to to this friendly place.

Room Tip: Check on room quality first.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Southern Wales, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2012

We stayed at the Morina at the beginning of October. The grounds were well kept, the food was excellent, and drinks reasonable - giving you no reason to venture outside!
We decided to upgrade to one of the newer rooms which was worth it, although any guests staying in 2013 will benefit from the planned refurbishment of the older rooms over the winter.
For any 'fitness fanatics' - there is a well equipped Gym near the telephones in Hisaronou, and you can catch the Dolmus from just down the road from the Morina - it costs roughly £1 each way and the charge this year for 1 weeks membership was 70YTL. It's well worth paying the extra to stay in Olu Deniz. We stayed in Ovacik in June, and totalling the taxi fares etc that we paid throughout the holiday at Artemesia, the costs came out on par.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Farnborough, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2012

We stayed in an older room which I understand will be up dated for next year and although the room was basic it was kept clean and new towels were put in our room daily. The staff were all friendly and made us very welcome on some reviews i have read it says about the hill up to the hotel it is more like an incline would reccommend

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
UK
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2012

We chose this hotel due to the great reviews and what can I say??? Wow, wow, wow!! Literally from start to finish we had a fantastic time. The staff are great, the grounds are beautiful! Our room (6) was in the older block but no complaints whatsoever. The view from the hotel is out of this world, the food in this restaurant we have to say was some of the best we ate all holiday. Everybody is so friendly and the place is spotless and so so pretty. The mosque only woke us on the first morning then you really dont notice it after this and its a lovely sound to hear anyway. You really feel at home here, the gardens, the chickens, the gardener pottering around picking vegetables etc, the family, "Coffee" their beautiful dog running around, it really did make it very hard to leave. Cant wait to go back!

Room Tip: I would recommend requesting anything ABOVE ground floor level with a sea / garden / pool view
kent
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2012

We have stayed in this hotel 3 times now, the last being 14th-21st Sept 2012. The hotel has undergone a major refurbishment last year and the remaining rooms are to be done for 2013, the standard of these rooms is very high, and I cant wait to see the results next year. This hotel caters mainly for people without children, as there is no child pool at the present, and many of the guests, like ourselves are return guests year after year. The staff are exceptionally friendly and helpful, and make your stay an enjoyable one. It is at the top of a hill which may be difficult for people with mobility problems. If you enjoy lazy days around the pool, followed by an evening out in the nearby bars and restaurants, and a quiet room at night away from the noise, then this hotel hits the spot.

Room Tip: Go for the newly refurbishe drooms for the extra luxury.
Shrewsbury
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2012

Stayed at this hotel 14-21st September 2012. Stayed in Room 16 in block 14-19. On first view of my hotel room which was on the lower floor, my heart sank. I did think I had been put here because I was a solo traveller, but no, there were couples in the other rooms in this block. The bathroom was fine, but the twin bedded room was minute! I had heard the rooms in Turkey were small, but had I been sharing, you wouldn't have been able to move past each other. The decor was abismal! In dire need of a lick of paint and refurbishment. I've seen better furniture thrown out down the tip! If I sat on my bed I could put my head through the french doors, which went out on to the tiniest of patio areas facing a brick wall. Most certainly not the sort of room you could chill in for an hour or two. I arrived after a 2 hour shuttle drive at 11pm. Unpacked and in bed by midnight. At 1am the resident dog started barking for half hour, my first thoughts were OMG, please don't let this happen every night! Luckily it didn't. I know I should have asked to move and if I had been with another traveller then I would have but as it was only me I decided to put up with it as I didn't intend to be in the room much, and neither would I have wanted to be! The room was cleaned/tidied every day and fresh towels every day which was appreciated. All staff were helpful and friendly most of the time. In particular the hotel receptionist and a younger man in reception. The pool area was delightful and welcoming. Breakfast was typically turkish but was fine. I liked the fact that the hotel was away from the main drag and the mosque during the early hours was never a problem. I only stayed at the hotel for one evening having met another solo traveller who I spent all the other nights with. The evening I stayed at the hotel was a Turkish night. The food was excellent, but the entertainment was very amateurish and people had started to drift off by 10.30pm, which I did too. As I wasn't leaving OD until 4.30pm and check out was 12, I especially appreciated being able to keep my room for an extra £15.00 and, therefore, could chill by the pool until after lunchtime. I enjoyed OD very much and will definitely go back, but I will choose another Hotel.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo

Been to Hotel Morina? Share your experiences!