“My fav hotel worldwide!” 5 of 5 stars

Hotel Cypriot
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Ataturk Cad. 112 Sok. No 5, Oludeniz, Turkey   |
Ranked #75 of 103 Hotels in Oludeniz
London
“My fav hotel worldwide!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2012

We've now made in excess of 5 trips to visit Oludeniz and each time we find something new to like about the Hotel Cypriot. We typically favour full service hotels and I guess would best be described as very independent-minded travelers. The Hotel Cypriot is different from our typical hotel, however, it remins unmatched in terms of enjoyability to this day.

The owner/manager, Arkan is the nicest and most helpful man imaginable. He truly cares about the quality of your holiday and your time with him. The balance of the staff are top notch as well. They really make an effort to get to know you and anticipate your needs.

Many other reviews point out that the Hotel Cypriot is a bit bare-bones, and this is true. As stated before, we typically only enjoy full service/luxury properties. The barebones nature of the Hotel Cypriot is a big part of its charm. You aren't distracted by the tele or media from back home. You are forced to slow down your life and actually relax and enjoy your holiday in the company of new friends you quickly feel like you've known your whole life. Of course high-speed internet is still available for the occasional top up of your news from back home.

Sitting at the bar enjoying an Efes is probably my favourite place to be on earth. I spend all year hoping and praying I'll be able to return during the holiday period.

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
  • Turkish first
Lancs
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2012

Good location for walking to all the lovely restaurants, bars etc and comfortable rooms. Run by friendly family and has a smallish but nice relaxing pool area (though pool a little too cold for us when we went). Was terrific value for money as a last minute getaway.

Room Tip: try the Almonds restaurant just around the corner - good food & great entertainment! Olive Tree...
Birmingham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2011

Our first visit was at Whitsun, and before going, I couldn't help but worry if I was doing the right thing. My son is autistic, and this was to be our first family holiday abroad. Immediately, we were put at ease, my son was welcomed warmly into the Hotel Cypriot family, as we all were (see my review from May/June).

By the second day, I insisted we book for next year. By day 4, I knew I couldn't wait that long, so booked for this October half term. Hence this second review..

Another warm welcome from Erkan, Angel, Ahmet and Chef, like a family reunion :) We had the honour of meeting Zehra (hope the spelling is right), Erkan's beautiful Mom. She is the most lovely lady, who took us under her wing at the Monday market, making sure we got great deals! We've met some lovely people, other guests, and have made some firm friends. This is the place to relax, unwind, chill out - whatever, take time to enjoy life. I miss that already.

This time, my eldest daughter, and my partner's youngest daughter (in their 20's) came with us (both were "Yeah, right" at my gushing praise of the hotel and staff). They too, seem to have fallen for the Cypriot friendliness and charm. They had a great time, they both needed to relax. They will write their own reviews, I'm sure.

At this time of year, a lot of the bars and shops are closing down for the season, plenty of bargains to be had. We did a bit of sightseeing - my daughters went horse riding (check your saddles, they can be a bit off centre), a good couple of hours, up into the wooded hills, amazing views. And the boat trip to Dalyan - EXCELLENT, mud bath was very icky, but so much fun, no point being shy, a guy takes photo's - buy the photo dvd, you'll cry with laughter :)

Back to the Cypriot.. the family rooms are large, with 2 single beds in the living room part, and separate bedroom with double bed, bathroom with powerful shower over bath. There's plenty of room for another bed/cot. Twin rooms have balconies and shower rooms. Rooms are clean, air conditioned (with heat for early/late in the year) , and if you need anything at all, you've only got to ask.

I've stayed at many, many hotels. Including the major chains, all sorts of star ratings. Most of them I'd shrug at going back to. We all love the Cypriot, and as for value for money - if a 5 star hotel halved it's prices, I'd still want to stay here. Money's not the reason for us coming back to the Cypriot, the comfortable feeling, as if we've been coming here for years, the family atmosphere, genuine caring, and friendliness that IS the Cypriot, simply can't be bought.

A big THANK YOU to Erkan, Angel, Ahmet and Chef (and Zehra) for another lovely holiday. See you all next year.

Room Tip: Family rooms, or suites, are large, with 2 single beds in living area, separate bedroom with double...
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
London, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2011

I arrive here with my child under 2 in October 11 for 1 week, but this hotel was a disgraced and was very dirty and should be check for Health and safety aspect. They did not clean your room once for the whole week even when you leave your keys and ask for toilet roll and clean towels. The places was full of ants and when report to this to manager they had all the excuses possible. I paid for half board for me and my child and they said they never had enough food for my child to eat..what a disgrace!!!if you dont have food dont run a hotel..pool was very dirty and the customers services services and very unhelpful this was below standards only interested in taking your money and to hell with you after..I would recommends people not to go here I know you get what you pay for but this was the pits and to top it my son got a stomach bug..

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
Erkan-cypriot, General Manager at Hotel Cypriot, responded to this review, November 1, 2011
Thank you for your review, however I wish to respond to, and equally clarify several inaccuracies in your account.
When you arrived, your room as all others in the hotel was clean and tidy, but very soon afterwards it was noted by staff it was in a very untidy state. At Hotel Cypriot we enjoy welcoming families and appreciate caring for an infant is an extremely rewarding, but very demanding job - even when you’re on holiday. Nevertheless, the disarray of your abode was significantly more unsightly than a typical, relaxed guest’s room in the hotel.
It was also noted that you had chosen to ignore the ‘hotel policy’ which clearly states no food or beverage not purchased in the hotel should be consumed on the premises. One of the very good reasons why we kindly request this, is to prevent high sugar drinks and high fat snacks being consumed (spilt and dropped) in the bedrooms attracting unpleasant pests e.g. ants. I recall listening to your complaint and appreciating the error of your untidy ways purchased insecticide to irradiate the unfortunate outcome.
Most guests visiting in October grasp the weather is less predictable than during the summer months and it was disappointing we experienced four days of rain during your short stay. I appreciate this did result in a small amount of natural detritus accumulating in the pool, however, the staff and I could not imagine that this would have caused anyone upset as it was impossible to use the facility at that time because of this common act of nature. Additionally, sadly, you do not choose to share that immediately the weather improved the staff thoroughly cleaned the pool and very soon the familiar sound of laughter, squeals of delight and fun filled the air.
Furthermore, there is NEVER any shortage of food in the hotel. Guests often enjoy meal where many admit to indulging in possibly more than they should and this is never a concern to us - actually it is a great compliment confirming people are happy on holiday, relaxing and enjoying the food and refreshments provided.

The staff at Hotel Cypriot wish you well and very much hope you will make your next holiday a happy experience.

Kind Regards
Erkan
Hotel Manager
Worcester
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2011

Having just returned from the Cypriot after 10 days just wanted to write our thoughts on the Hotel. It was as many people write friendly and well run, other residents were friendly which makes for a nice atmosphere, yes the rooms are basic and the shower room could have a bit more space but always had hot running water and powered out not dribbled like many hotels, bed were comfortable enough, they change the towels often and sweep the room daily. Can't comment on the food as didn't eat there. Strange that all prices are in sterling when you are in Turkey but this seems the common theme throughout the town and not a big fan of the bar keeping a tab to be paid the next day, would rather pay at the time then prices couldn't vary everyday or you feel you got ripped off!! Hisaronu is a lively place with every taste catered for, the buses run every 5 mins which also take you down to the gorgeous beach for a pound.
All in all very satisfied with the whole trip and will definately return to the area.

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2011

Me and my hubby have just returned home from a relaxing week at The Cypriot Hotel. There was no TV in the room like most others we have stayed in but to be honest, we had such a brilliant time we didn't miss TV at all. The beds were very comfortable and clean. If you wanted your room cleaned you simply left the key at the bar. We booked B&B and the breakfast consisted of a wide variety from which you could help yourself or you could ask for a full English, etc. My husband clumsily broke the toilet seat and within half an hour of reporting it, it was replaced! All of the staff give an excellent service and nothing was too much for them. They are extremely helpful and friendly. I would like to say thank you so much to everyone at The Cypriot Hotel for making our holiday such a relaxing, comfortable experience. We can't wait to go back next year.

Eastbourne
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2011

Just back from a week at the Cypriot Hotel and just wanted to say thank you for helping to make our holiday relaxing, funny and a place where you could just be yourself and chill!!.
Friendly staff, basic rooms however the rooms were not too small and were comfortable. I must add, due to concerns from a previous entry, I can honestly say....there are NO cockroaches or anything horrible like that. Mosquito are around but these are a hot weather insect and cant be helped..cockroaches conjure up scenes of dirtiness which gives the wrong impression from the start. The Cypriot hotel is what it says on the tin; a good value hotel,not a 5 star, but then not 5 star prices. It is one that i would return to, once again thank you xx

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with friends

Been to Hotel Cypriot? Share your experiences!