“Had a great time” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Bozbey

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Oludeniz
Bozbey
You added Bozbey to your Saves list
Ovacik Mah. 202. Sok. No:3, Oludeniz 48300, Turkey   |
Ranked #84 of 103 Hotels in Oludeniz
Burnley, United Kingdom
“Had a great time”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2010

Just returned from a 2 week stay at the Bozbey and would agree with Rowlandsmillie regarding the rooms. We left our key every two days and the room was cleaned, beds changed, clean towels left - no complaints.

We decided last minute to go on holiday and was there on a budget, 2 adults, 2 children. Yes the room is basic, but at the end of the day, it is only a base to sleep, get showered etc. There is a fridge in the room, hairdryer, sat tv, great for the kids to chill.

Irene and staff made us feel totally at home, and the hospitality was second to none. We felt very relaxed, met lovely people and our boys aged 11 and 9 years had a great time in and around the pool. The pool table was also free which was really good.

Food at the Bozbey was of a high standard and the Turkish night was good value for money with plenty of food and good quality entertainment.

There are more than enough sun loungers, you could go out for the day and still there would be sun loungers available. None of this hogging the loungers with putting towels on etc at the crack of dawn, which Irene would not allow anyway.

Anything we asked of her was no trouble at all, and she always went out of her way to ensure everything was ok. If people are not satisfied, all you need to do is make her aware and she will do anything she can to sort things out.

We can HONESTLY say, we have had a great time, it was one of our cheapest holidays yet. We couldn't face big meals every night and were more than happy to find little cafes etc (Try Dippy Dolly's across from the fair), it is lovely and food good too, they don't hassle and the service is good.

The fair in the centre of Hisarano was a god send, our boys loved it and also the Go Karting track was a favourite to.

The Aqua park at Ovarcik (part of The Grand Ucel Hotel) is quite good, has just enough slides to keep the kids entertained and was only 5 mins away on a dolmus. For a family of four cost was 60 TL (£27.00) good value.

All in all, the Bozbey may be classed as a 2 Star, but Irene and all her staff are 5 Star.

If you want big fancy well furnished rooms, book elsewhere and pay your money.

Thanks again Irene, Ali and all the staff - Hope to see you soon.

Darren, Deborah, Jadon and Joel.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Queenborough
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2010

Just got home from yet another stay at the Bozbey Hotel, my 10th time in total. I say "got home" very loosely as the Hotel feels more and more like home with every visit!
Irene, Ali and the staff can never do enough for you-nothing is too much trouble. Granted, the rooms are basic, as most rooms in Turkey tend to be,but they are sufficient, spacious, and kept very very clean indeed. I could not fault the standard of the cleaning, which was very regular and we could always ask for extra cleaning if needed. Besides, the hospitality was so great I can't think anyone would want to spend much time in their room anyway!
The Bozbey is perfectly located-a few minutes walk from the main centre of Hisaronu, yet far enough away to unwind in perfect tranquility when you've had a night out.
With Ali and Irene as the owners, you get the perfect mixture of Turkish charm and hospitality, combined with standards of service that us English like to see.
I would recommend the Bozbey to anyone. Yes, you can get cheaper, but you get what you pay for. Or yes, you can get more expensive, if you want more than a simply furnished room-but as overall value for money, hospitality, family atmosphere, good food,help with anything 24/7, then don't even consider anywhere else-particularly if it will be your first time in Turkey, as Irenes' knowledge of the area, about trips, days out, markets, bars, turkish barbecues etc is second to none.
Don't miss it!

West Sussex
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2010

I have just read the previous review andI I am appalled at the negativity. We stayed at this hotel last year and are midway through our return visit. I stand by everything I said in my review last year: the Bozbey is THE place to totally relax and destress. Irene, Ali and the staff cannot do enough for you and the hotel itself is SPOTLESS. There is no dust in the rooms if you are sensible and keep your doors closed. This is a very hot country let's face it and most of us understand the necessity of leaving doors closed to keep rooms cool during the day - you then have the joy of air conditioning to enable a good night's sleep!
The rooms are cleaned to perfection as often as you like but at least every couple of days and as for the complaint about ants - as I said, this is a hot country! We found ants but we mentioned it and the problem was dealt with immediately. Rooms are basic but perfectly functional- let's face it, surely the vast majority only use them to sleep in - don't they? All linen is in excellent condition and whiter than white. Beds are comfortable and we are sleeping like logs!
We LOVE this place and will no doubt return again and again. Final review will be posted when we get home......

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
Cardiff
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2010

Arrived back from 2 weeks at the Bozbey on Mon 2nd August 2010. I booked this back in April after reading the reviews here on TA. I had a very swift reply from Irene the Manager and several emails and telephone calls since then all very friendly and welcoming.

Our arrival and transfer (arranged by Irene) was swift and afficient, and after an hour we arrived at the hotel. We were warmly greeted by Irene, Ali, Buster and the staff, and taken to our 2 rooms.

Ok Negatives 1st...
First impression of the room was and I quote "Oh My God! what have I brought my family too!" There were ants crawling over the floor and over the sink in the bathroom, the wet room is very basic, just 1 small shelf and 2 soap style dishes to store your toiletries, and the tiles have definately seen better days, my bathroom was very grubby looking the 2 drains were really dirty, and it took forever for the water to go down.

My bedroom had a double bed and a childs bed, 2 bedside cabinets, a fridge, one small shelf and draw, and a space in the wall with 1 clothes rail, and a shelf at the bottom, that was it. As the previous poster said the fridge does have more storage space, but as my little girl was in the bed with me, I just used the childs bed to store our 2 suitcases, basically we lived out of them due to lack of storage space.

The cleaner did clean twice a week I wouldnt say her standard of cleaning was brilliant, she would sweep and wash the floor change the bed and put out clean towels. From what I could tell that was it. The window sill and the top of the surfaces was very dusty. But it certainly didnt spoil our holiday.

The bed was hard and lumpy, and the bedding and towels had seen better days. Irene did give my little girl a soft lower pillow for her to sleep on which was much appreciated.

Now for the Positives.

Irene Ali and the staff are AMAZING!! They cant do enough for you, they treat you like they have known you all they're life! Nothing is to much trouble for them. The food at the hotel is gorgeous, we ate there every lunchtime, and had a few evening meals. The price was around the same as you pay in the centre of Hisaronu. The breakfast was a bit samey as its traditional Turkish, cheese boiled egg, olives, melon, bread and salami type ham which wasnt very nice. But it did fill you up for the day. I did have an english breakfast one morning which was fine but I had to pay extra, so I stuck with the turkish set breakfast.

The pool and pool area is lovely, there are lots of sunbeds and parasols, my only complaint about the pool is the pool toilets are revolting, they leak water from the pool, and smell badly so we just used our own bathroom. We did have a few people who would lay out towels at breakfast time, and one couple who set towels out at 7am the one morning, It grinds on me, but on the whole it was a very small minority.

The hotel is a stones throw from the centre of Hisaronu, theres a restaurant, Doctors and a chemist as soon as you leave the hotel, then all the restaurants and shops etc. So close to the town but being in the 1st block I didnt hear any noise from the strip.

We had Turkish night at the hotel which was brill, lovely food and lots of entertainment. It was £15 per adult £7 per child.

I'd definately recommend you do a turkish bath when you arrive, Irene organised for me to go to one in Hisaronu I had a 2.5 hr pre-sunbathing massage, which was amazing and well worth the £33 that I paid. 10 min sauna, scrub, coffee and chocolate massage, then another milk massage. they picked up and dropped me off as well. my daughter said I smelt like a chocolate pudding. well worth it.

We met a few people who have been before to the Bozbey, and until we actually settled into the place, and got over the shock of the room, we can see exactly why they have people return again and again.

We had our flights cancelled when we got to the airport, Ali and Irene went out of there way at 2-3am trying to get us either back to the Bozbey for the night, or booking flights to get us home that morning, how many other hotel managers would get out of bed at that time of the morning for there customers who had already checked out of the hotel??

I think its a shame that the turkish owners wont spend money upgrading the hotel rooms, because if they did the Bozbey would definately be 100% perfect!!

The Bozbey is value for the money, yes its basic, yes the rooms are a bit grubby, but to be fair, the hospitality from the staff, the food, and the guests that we met made our holiday for us. We loved it, and would definately go back again!

Please feel free to contact me if you have any questions. I hope this review helps you!
:-)

swingingsister, Manager at Bozbey, responded to this review, September 7, 2010
To whom it may concern. I am writing to you with regards to the NEW!!! Additional ADDED PHOTOS
That have been entered and displayed alongside our Main Advertisment Photo for our Hotel listing. My first point being we will not dispute how these photos look, but will dispute on what they appear. Our Hotel is BASİC & CLEAN
And photos are to resemble a true likeness. I would now like to state the facts clearly . Firstly our shower and floor tiles are maintained with new grouting , Fungal bacterial liquid each season, this clears any form of darkness in the grooved and plumbing areas. During our season rooms are used at a very high rate including thousands of customers using a shower area. These shower areas are what you call WET ROOMS and simply used as that. The constant use of continuous power showers in that area cause blackening due to hot steam and will simply dry into these areas. Windows are also added for that reason. These areas of blackness are DEFİNATLY NOT fungal or dirty Also our drainage system requires an acid bacterial lotion for infections before the start of every season and discolour with constant use..
Maintenance is always required over the winter period, when season opens we cannot allow any form of liquids into these areas for health reasons. . All rooms are cleaned to standard, and with care thereafter. We always ask our customers if they may require extra additional cleaning and make a point everyday in asking if all is satisfactory. Our flooring in our rooms are grouted every year but will always discolour throughout the season. Turkey is a very dry and hot country and will always appear to have dusty areas on the sils. We have NEVER experienced this type of complaint in our 5yrs of management at the Bozbey. Hotels of this star rating are classed as basic and will not say otherwise
We have also added, additions to our rooms to make life easier for the hot season. In which are not normally added to a standard room of this kind. During this customers vacation there was NEVER any complaint of this kind to the management or had been unhappy with the room, only the fact that is was basic which was stated in the review. . NEVER had the customer asked to be allocated to another room or had we been asked to inspect the room at any
time of its grubbiness. In fact the customer had remained in the same room for the duration of the stay of 2wks .
I as a person would have spoken to the management immediately and asked to view the condition of the room or asked to be moved, NEİTHER was done. We always ask our customers, if all is satisfactory, if their answer is yes , any complaint made thereafter unfortunately we are unable to act on. We find this report malicious and disturbing in the fact that this customer left very happy and had a wonderful holiday. We are always courteous and considerate to all our customers and have always taken care of people needs in every way we can. We will ALWAYS try to resolve any problems of any nature to the best of our ability. We expect our customers to be honest in their reviews and entitled to their opinions . But we cannot understand the motive for such a report, especially when the customers leaves a hotel extremely happy and wishes to return.

Manager.
London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2010

First a BIG thank you to Irene, Ali and staff for one of the best holidays we have ever had, from the moment we arrived to the moment we left we have never felt so relaxed and at ease anywhere that we have stayed.

Firstly, we never expected 5 class accommodation, we didn't pay for it - so I am not going to run-down the Hotel, we expected clean, comfortable accommodation and that’s exactly what we got. The pool was spotless, never busy, plenty of quiet, relaxing atmosphere. The breakfast was traditionally Turkish, however there was also plenty of other options to purchase of the menu at very reasonable prices, the food itself was great and as mentioned the Hotel staff exemplary in their appearance and attitude towards their customers. 5 Star Service for sure.

The location is as everyone has mentioned, perfectly situated for all night-life, but due to its position you are never disturbed by the noise of the town. The Dolmus buses stop outside the Hotel and therefore really convenient for any trip into either Olu Deniz (my favourite restaurant’s try the Seahorse or the Sultan Ahmet) or Fethiye (the Fish Market is a must) and back to Hisaronu where you quite literally had the Monday market on your doorstep.

My only word of warning – watch out for Ali and the Hose! You may be safe during your first week, but beware your second and seriously Irene your Dog needs therapy he thinks he’s a Rotweiller in a fluffy coat, but to anyone reading this – he’s really quite harmless, bark definitely bigger than his bite and no he doesn’t bite – view the photo!

So again, a big THANK YOU everyone and to all those who made our Holiday an absolute joy, including Judy, Don, Angela, Brian, Jodi, Holly, the Cookie Monster! And of course, Irene, Ali and staff. We hope to make it back next year and may be see some of you again.

Worsley, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2010

Stayed here in July 2010 and being really honest it is an OK hotel.....location is good, hospitality is good, pool area good and food good (nearly great in fact) BUT........the rooms are appalling, never cleaned and sheets never changed (in fact the only way to get new towels/sheets is to pinch these from the back of the hotel. In the week we stayed the room was NEVER cleaned once despite us being told they would clean twice a week
This could be a great hotel with very little effort/expense.....the bathroom need a revamp and some storage space would be good – the fridge had more shelves in it than the wardrobe!!
Would I stay again.....no, there are much better hotels in Hisaronu and ones that are cleaned and have just as good food and hospitality

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
staffordshire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2010

We stayed in Aparts ajacent to the Bozbey and used thier excellent facilities.
The pool is beautiful spottlessly clean with loungers and brollys. There are lots of pool toys for kids and adults and fun is allowed! The waiters will bring you a frosted glass from the icecream fridge with your beer. You can also chill in hammock, beanbag shade it is heavenly. Irene and Ali the owners are fantastic so frienly and will help you sraight away with information etc.
Even if you are not staying there you can dine by the pool in the evening. The food is very high resturant quality at a very reasonable food . Food is greatly varied Turkish, Steake , English all fantasdtic and they are very child friendly.
The best hotel in Hisaronu by far!!

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family

Been to Bozbey? Share your experiences!